PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Nostalgia - 02/26/15 02:24 PM
Hi friends, here's another one, not really related with my state of mind but it sounded like a good name for this tune:
Nostaigia
Style is ZZBOSSA.STY (Bossa Nova style)
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand SampleTank.tgs
MelodyCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded, Ketron2 Harmonica
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1)Addictive Keys,
RealTracks in song: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1797:Piano, Rhythm IslandJohn Ev 110
RealTracks in song: ~923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaFreeComp Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: BossaLewis^02-a:Brushes HiHat , b:SdStckHH

Enjoy, observations always welcome.

Mike B.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Nostalgia - 02/26/15 04:00 PM
Mike,

A nice composition. Again, as with so much of what you do... I would guess you put a lot of work into what you produce...

The piano seemed to get "lost in the mix" at times. I liked your use of the cello. The harmonica got to be "a bit much" to my ears after a while - but that's probably just me - never been a big fan of the chromatic harmonica as a main instrument... (your drums sounds good!)

Nice work.

floyd
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nostalgia - 02/26/15 04:25 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mike,

A nice composition. Again, as with so much of what you do... I would guess you put a lot of work into what you produce...

The piano seemed to get "lost in the mix" at times. I liked your use of the cello. The harmonica got to be "a bit much" to my ears after a while - but that's probably just me - never been a big fan of the chromatic harmonica as a main instrument... (your drums sounds good!)

Nice work.

floyd

I agree with Floyd across the board here, Mike... the work you put into your productions shows, and this really an interesting production from start to finish. Substituting another instrument for the harmonica for at least part of the song would have provided some ear relief and added the kind of change-up most songs need.

I thought your choice of instruments was very good. Not being a jazz musician, I probably don't know what to listen for. But what I hear sure sounds good to me. I like the chord progression quite a bit.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Nostalgia - 02/26/15 07:44 PM
Thanks Floyd and Pat, agreed wit the observations. I'll probably re-work it and post it again.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Nostalgia - 02/27/15 10:06 AM
Mike

Liked the melody and playing. Agree that a break to another instrument might give it even a bit more polish.

Nice work though.

Trevor
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nostalgia - 02/27/15 10:22 AM
Cool melody and an effective mix.
Enjoyed it over the morning coffee.

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Nostalgia - 02/27/15 03:28 PM
I simply love this!! This should be a movie soundtrack. Lovely melody. The emotion would go perfectly with a video scene with no dialog. My favorite Cuban Pete number to date! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums