PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Please read - 03/05/15 03:30 PM
I would like to apologize to all for not being on the forums as much as I would like and for not listening to the User Showcase songs. Things have been extremely hectic here the last couple of months.

The short version is I have an uncle in home hospice, a brother-in-law in hospital hospice and a wife whom just had breast cancer surgery, more on that later. I also have two good friends in the hospital, a sister-in-law on oxygen and another sister-in-law scheduled for eye surgery. Of course those people in hospitals and hospice around here are miles from our home, some east and some west of it while one friend and sister-in-law, the eye surgery one, are in Florida. Couple all of this with the facts that I have to shovel and snow blow our driveway almost daily, get snow and ice off our roof as well as my niece's house (her dad is the one in hospital hospice) as well as doing all the other things that need to be done around here I get little time to do music. So the little music time I get I just play and record.

The wife's lumpectomy surgery went extremely well yesterday. The best news ever is that there were no cancer cells in her lymph nodes! Although we will know more later next week her doctor suspects she will only need 5 straight days of radiation with no chemo.

Our vacation to Florida is on hold and if we do get to go it will be a shortened one.

I just wanted to explain to all why I haven't been as present as I would like to be.
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Please read - 03/05/15 03:34 PM
I will add your family and friends to my prayer list. A lot to deal with and I wish you well.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Please read - 03/05/15 03:41 PM

In fact I noticed your absence on forum
I'm sorry for you.

Best wishes and soon.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Please read - 03/05/15 03:51 PM
Hang in there Mario. It's all uphill from here!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Please read - 03/05/15 06:13 PM
Hello Mario.
I feel for your situation and hope you find some relief soon.

I appreciate any time you spend and comment here as do all I'm sure.
Family should always come first.
Rob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Please read - 03/05/15 06:50 PM
Stay Strong Mario. And know that there are people here who support you. My best to you and yours, Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: Please read - 03/05/15 07:45 PM
Hi Mario,

I wish you strength.
Best to you and your family.

Guenter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Please read - 03/05/15 07:49 PM
Noticed that you were missing - Now have you and your family in thought and prayer. But just like Motel-6 - we've been leaving the light on for you.

Charlie
Posted By: FredM Re: Please read - 03/05/15 08:02 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I just wanted to explain to all why I haven't been as present as I would like to be.

No apologies needed, my friend!
Grab that guitar from time to time, and play us a tune. Somehow, we'll hear you play!
Live the moments, the good, and the bad!

With you,

Fred
Posted By: rsdean Re: Please read - 03/05/15 08:06 PM
Mario, all the best to you.

Bob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Please read - 03/05/15 08:29 PM
Good to hear from you Mario. I wish it were under better circumstances. Glad your wife's surgery went well. Most people seem to do very well in their recovery from breast cancer these days. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Take care. Greg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Please read - 03/05/15 08:52 PM
Mario

You know everyone here is family. We're sending our thoughts and best wishes that all these challenges are overcome quickly.

Best
Trev
Posted By: ROG Re: Please read - 03/05/15 09:11 PM
Mario.

Difficult times indeed. Our thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

ROG.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Please read - 03/05/15 10:50 PM
Best thoughts, wishes and prayers your way Mario.

Josie
Posted By: RichMac Re: Please read - 03/05/15 11:18 PM
Best wishes Mario.
Shall direct positive thoughts your way!
Cheers.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Please read - 03/05/15 11:23 PM
Hello Mario,

We are very glad to hear that your wife's surgery went well. We wish her and the rest of your family the best.
We also very much appreciate you taking the trouble to tell people of the forum why you haven't been around as much as you wanted to be.
But, take your time. We wish you strength in your current situation.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: gibson Re: Please read - 03/06/15 04:33 AM
Mario,

Family comes first, dear friend
Take care
Be strong.

Alyn
Posted By: MarioD Re: Please read - 03/06/15 11:08 AM
Thanx all for the good wishes and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

My wife is doing great. There have been no problems after the surgery and she is healing very well. Like I mentioned we will know more about her radiation treatments next week.

Thanx again all.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Please read - 03/06/15 11:24 AM
Be strong and try as much as possible to keep things positive. Health care professionals are amazing in what they do and I have a high regard for them...but a positive attitude is priceless. Glad to hear she came through it well. Take care.

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Please read - 03/06/15 11:35 AM
Mario ...

I am in a similar situation. Our oldest son is terminal ... possibly 3 -4 more weeks. He will miss his 50th birthday by a month or so. We've been spending as much time with him as possible. He lives 200 miles away in a different state. He, too, has hospice at his house every day. This will be the third of our children we will have had to bury. I've just not had the inclination to write music, as well as the time to devote to it.

Di and I are so sorry to hear of the multiple tragedies in your family. It must be very taxing on the heart and the soul. but we were delighted to read your wife's surgery seems to have gone remarkably well. Just don't overdo things yourself and have a heart attack!!!! That snow removal is hard work.

please take care of yourself and know that Di and I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. And we will say a special prayer that your wife is, in fact, cancer free.

Wishing all of you the best possible outcome ... you and your family will be included in our prayers tonight.

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums