PG Music Home
Posted By: tommyad Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 01:43 PM
At the recent Ricky Skaggs concert I spoke with Andy Leftwich one of the Real Tracks soloists. I told him we all love the work he has done with PG music. He assured me he has been listening to our creations. Andy is featured here on the fiddle and mandolin solos.

Question; What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy?
Answer; I don’t know and I don’t care.
All the complex problems we face in the world can be solved with education and participation. If we continue to kick the can down the road it will only get worse. Don’t just stand there. Stand for something! Like we are doing with this song, start small and think big. Thanks to Janice and Bud Merritt once again. All comments/suggestions are welcome. ( If anyone shows any interest LOL! ) Tom

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13065891

Vocals, Tom and Janice
Guitar and Dobro, Tom

592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
591:Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Soloist)
594:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Chops)
596:Fiddle, Soloist Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
820:Mandolin Soloist Bluegrass Ev 100

Gotta a friend i met in college right before I quit
He loves to share his knowledge every chance he gets
he’ll give you his opinions on the state of world affairs
I hate to break the news nobody cares

Nobody cares they don’t even vote
They don’t want to change so don’t rock the boat
theres one conclusion that I can draw
Nobody cares bout nothin at all

I’ve got an overactive memory seems I can’t forget
The way things used to be back before we met
Guess it was a simpler time easier to smile
ain’t been that way at all for quite a while

Nobody cares they don’t even vote
They don’t want to change so don’t rock the boat
theres one conclusion that I can draw
Nobody cares bout nothin at all

©2015 Thomas Adams
Posted By: gibson Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 02:22 PM
Tom and Janice,

That is BRILLIANT. Should be the theme song for the coming UK election in May.

But musically that is EXCELLENT. Young Janice sounds good as usual and your voice is up there with hers. Mr Leftwich did a sterling job to compliment the vocals, and sentiment.

Great stuff, thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 03:09 PM
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 04:12 PM
I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Seriously, I think the concept is profound, a great idea for a song, and very well developed. The CLARITY really jumped out at me! Which is good, because it made the vocals crystal clear.. which is good because both vocals were very kickin'... which is good because it made an already good song even better!

I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

on a different note, it's cool that you talked to Mr. Leftwich about his contribution to BIAB, and even cooler that he told you he listens to the forum! That is AWESOME! Tells you a lot about who HE is, and that he cares about music and the grass roots stuff happening here.

You must have a pretty tall stack of successful collaborations by now... I think you can safely add this one to the pile...
wink
Posted By: rsdean Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 04:51 PM
Tom / Janice,

This is a new favorite! You guys have a very cool Johnny Cash and June Carter vibe going on here... Fantastic guitar work as well.

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 05:31 PM
Back to your roots. An understatement that you guys are comfortable with Bluegrass.

Enjoyed the message, delivery and song.

Charlie
Posted By: RichMac Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 05:55 PM
Like everything here.
Very nicely focused on the message.
Can't miss it. Cheers.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 06:41 PM
What a nail hitter.
Makes me feel right at home with this style.
Loved the key change.
Excellent.
Rob.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 06:57 PM
Hi Tom (and Janice),

Wow, great you know one of the RT artists!
Very nice song and we especially like the guitar and dobro you added yourself. Another fine collab guys!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 07:36 PM
Tommy and Janice
Wow, you've really nailed a great one. This has fantastic lyrics, top melody, sensational instrumental, and the list goes on. The Dobro fills in nicely. The key change, absolutely everything.
FABULOUS!
Posted By: FredM Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 08:09 PM
Tom and Janice,

What to add to all those great comments?

I loved the lyrics, like Alyn, I agree this deseves airplay around election time!

Sarcasm, in a Monty Python way! American style!

So Janice, and Thomas smile
I'm a fan of the JBT team!

Grts

Fred
Posted By: ROG Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 08:40 PM
Hi there Tom and Janice.

A wonderfully cynical look at life, all wrapped up in a very professional country package.

Always a BIG fan of Janice, but Tom, you were right alongside her with this one.

Great solos and an inspired key change at the end.

Terrific piece of writing and performing.

ROG.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/07/15 09:02 PM
hi tommyad tom and Janice great message great work excellent vocals thanks for sharing eric

Hey friends

great country!!!

Hello
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 09:53 AM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom and Janice,

But musically that is EXCELLENT. Young Janice sounds good as usual and your voice is up there with hers. Mr Leftwich did a sterling job to compliment the vocals, and sentiment.

Alyn
Alyn, Thanks for the kind words and all your support over the years. Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!! Take care. Greg
Greg, I tried to walk that fine line between annoying sarcasm and cutesy. Thanks for the nice review. Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 10:01 AM
[quote=Pat Marr] I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Say What? Maybe if your feet weren't sticking out so far there wouldn't be a problem. Your feet are so big it's a case where two feet make a yard!

Pat said: I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

Pat, Janice has the ability to listen to a song and change her voice just enough to provide the perfect delivery. In this case the playfulness of the song is brought out by her high bluegrass style in the choruses. She is truly a treasure! Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 10:05 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom / Janice,

This is a new favorite! You guys have a very cool Johnny Cash and June Carter vibe going on here... Fantastic guitar work as well.

Bob
Bob, You are spot on with that comparison. I never thought of it but if Johnny and June had put something down over a bluegrass bed it might have turned out pretty close. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 11:29 AM
Hi Tommy and Janice,
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!!

+1
I couldn't say it better.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Sundance Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 01:44 PM
Well ain't it the truth, some of those lines made me LOL.

Agree with Pat, Janice sounds so different on the harmony - first time I've heard her sing that high. I like it!

So playful and fun. I totally enjoyed it.

Josie
Posted By: gruverider Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 02:40 PM
What a great sound! The banjo intro grabbed me right away and the song never let me go!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/08/15 06:36 PM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom and Janice,

Alyn

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I was gonna comment, but y'all stepped on my toes, so I don't care if you know I think the song is awesome or not. ;-)

Seriously, I think the concept is profound, a great idea for a song, and very well developed. The CLARITY really jumped out at me! Which is good, because it made the vocals crystal clear.. which is good because both vocals were very kickin'... which is good because it made an already good song even better!

I think you must have forced Janice into a higher register than usual because her vocals had a completely new sound from what I've become used to. I like it!

on a different note, it's cool that you talked to Mr. Leftwich about his contribution to BIAB, and even cooler that he told you he listens to the forum! That is AWESOME! Tells you a lot about who HE is, and that he cares about music and the grass roots stuff happening here.

You must have a pretty tall stack of successful collaborations by now... I think you can safely add this one to the pile...
wink

Thank y'all so much! As some of you know Bud and I played in a couple of traditional bluegrass bands for many years. When Tom invited me to sing on this it was really exciting to have a chance to sing a high part again. And what a wonderful song to sing on.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/09/15 10:23 AM
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Back to your roots. An understatement that you guys are comfortable with Bluegrass.

Charlie
Charlie, This is a comfortable genre for us. Kind of in the blood. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Like everything here.
Can't miss it. Cheers.

Rich, 4 choruses means if you don't get now you never will! Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
What a nail hitter.
Loved the key change.
Excellent.
Rob.
Rob, I figured you would like the banjar. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/09/15 10:28 AM
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tom (and Janice),

Very nice song and we especially like the guitar and dobro you added yourself. Another fine collab guys!

Rob and Anne-Marie

R&A-M, Wish I had known that floyd also knows Andy. Thanks for the nice words. Tom
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Tommy and Janice
Wow, you've really nailed a great one. This has fantastic lyrics, top melody, sensational instrumental, and the list goes on. The Dobro fills in nicely. The key change, absolutely everything.
FABULOUS!

Trevor, Thanks for your very generous review. It means a lot to us. Tom
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/09/15 02:10 PM
Tommy,

after more listens, another thing that really jumps out at me in this song is the POWER in your vocals! Some of your previous songs were a little on the quiet thoughtful side... and those songs don't provide the opportunity to really PROJECT your voice..

but, on this one you do, and it sounds amazing!

(no need to reply again.. you've already replied once, and life's too short to spend it doing stuff over again...)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/09/15 07:06 PM
Tom,

Great "grab" on the opening banjo!

"Gotta a friend i met in college right before I quit
He loves to share his knowledge every chance he gets"

Super writing. The quick rhymes are well done! And it continues on... one of your best.

"he’ll give you his opinions on the state of world affairs
I hate to break the news nobody cares"

nice. And... super chorus..
"They don’t want to change so don’t rock the boat"
Nice use of a cliché in a non-cliché way... that's songwriting.

Your vocal has a great confidence to it. Janice is in her element. She does this in her sleep - I'm pretty sure of that... You stood your ground!

The stop and mod was a joy. Perfect.

I looked back to see what dobro RT that was. That says it all.
Cool that you got to meet Andy. They don't come any nicer.

The mix and arrangement are good as ever. That goes without saying.
Don't get too comfortable. I'm stealing your partner...

Loved it. (you should get a cut out of this..)

floyd
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/09/15 09:23 PM
Oh yeah.... Some well done southern fried bluegrass.

Nice work on everything about this... great production chops too.

Janice's echo in the song's chorus reminded me a lot of the Carter sisters...

and that slide up....(:48) so well done...
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/10/15 09:39 AM
Originally Posted By: FredM
Tom and Janice,

I loved the lyrics, like Alyn, I agree this deseves airplay around election time!

Grts

Fred

Thanks Fred! We appreciate it. Tom
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Tom and Janice.

A wonderfully cynical look at life, all wrapped up in a very professional country package.

Always a BIG fan of Janice, but Tom, you were right alongside her with this one.

ROG.

ROG, Thanks for the wonderful review. This means a lot to us. Tom
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi tommyad tom and Janice great message great work excellent vocals thanks for sharing eric
Eric, Thanks for listening and commenting. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hey friends

great country!!!

Hello
Sergio, Thanks for stopping by. Tom
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/10/15 10:41 AM
Here I am, fixin' to do a blue flame test on a bit of shine, and I-75 comes on with this song! Perfect! How could you know? shocked

Love this one!

I-75 - PG's own Florida Georgia Line. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/11/15 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy and Janice,
Wonderful!! Amusing! I got a kick out of the sarcastic humor with a somewhat underlying biting message. Music is sweet and fun-perfect use of RTs along with some equally well-played Tommyad on top. Vocals were excellent by both of you. A real treat!!

+1
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Guenter, Thanks for your support. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sundance

Agree with Pat, Janice sounds so different on the harmony - first time I've heard her sing that high. I like it!

Josie

Real glad you liked this one Josie. Thanks a bunch. Tom
Originally Posted By: gruverider
What a great sound! The banjo intro grabbed me right away and the song never let me go!!
Hey Lawrence, That banjo intro fell into place nicely. Thanks for commenting. Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/11/15 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom / Janice,

Bob

Originally Posted By: c_fogle

Charlie

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Like everything here.
Can't miss it. Cheers.

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
What a nail hitter.
Loved the key change.
Excellent.
Rob.

Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tom (and Janice),

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks everybody for taking the time to listen and comment. We REALLY appreciate your support!

Janice
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/11/15 08:47 PM
Tom,

This is just excellent! You and Janice make a great vocal team.

What I find ironic about this song is the sound and presentation is pure, old fashioned Gospel - a genre that is generally all about passion and caring. And you use this style to point out the fact that people don't care or have passion. smile But it really works!

By the way, I like pretty much everything about this one. In addition to being well-written, you have packaged it with a great arrangement, mix, and overall production. And your vocals shine. Thanks for caring enough to share this one!

Steve
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/12/15 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Super writing. The quick rhymes are well done! And it continues on... one of your best.

Your vocal has a great confidence to it. Janice is in her element. She does this in her sleep - I'm pretty sure of that... You stood your ground!

floyd

floyd, What a wonderful review. All I can say is thank you very much. Tom
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Herb, Thanks for stopping by and commenting. The chorus came together nicely on this one. Janice's voice made all the difference. I sounded like a strangled frog trying to do her part. Thanks again. Tom
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Here I am, fixin' to do a blue flame test on a bit of shine, and I-75 comes on with this song! Perfect! How could you know? shocked

Love this one!

Regards,

Bob
A big belly laugh here. Now if you don't think that's funny then you shouldn't be laughing at anything at all. Thanks Bob, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/13/15 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Tommy and Janice
FABULOUS!

Originally Posted By: FredM
Tom and Janice,

Grts

Fred

Thanks guys!!!

Janice

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there Tom and Janice.

ROG.

Thanks ROG! We always look forward to your comments.

Janice

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Hey friends

great country!!!

Hello

Thank you Eric and Sergio!

Janice
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/13/15 04:52 PM
Tommy and Janice,
This a great song! I love the message.
SD
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/13/15 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Tom,

What I find ironic about this song is the sound and presentation is pure, old fashioned Gospel - a genre that is generally all about passion and caring. And you use this style to point out the fact that people don't care or have passion. smile But it really works!

By the way, I like pretty much everything about this one. In addition to being well-written, you have packaged it with a great arrangement, mix, and overall production. And your vocals shine. Thanks for caring enough to share this one!

Steve
Steve, Thanks so much for your kind review. It means the world to me coming from you. Tom
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Tommy and Janice,
SD
SD, thanks a lot for checking in and commenting. Tom
Posted By: lancew Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/17/15 12:07 AM
very professionally written and performed. The vocals sit in the mix nicely.!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/17/15 01:19 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy and Janice,

+1
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter for sitting through some bluegrass!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Sundance

Josie

Thank you Josie. That was the range I sang in for many years in our bluegrass band. Glad you liked it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider

Glad you enjoyed it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

floyd

Thanks floyd for the kind words....we really appreciate everything you said. Guess I gotta nail Janice's feet to the floor smile

Bud

Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Tommy and Janice,
SD

Originally Posted By: lancew

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! Tom wrote a great one.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Tom,

Steve

Thanks Steve! I really enjoyed being a part of this. And, yes, Tom certainly did throw in some irony. We appreciate your remark about the format being gospel bluegrass and the atypical message.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Thanks Herb! It was a lot of fun revisiting bluegrass.

J&B

Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Love this one!

Regards,

Bob

So did the flame show 201 proof? Thanks!

J&B

www.janiceandbud.com
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/17/15 03:02 PM
"So did the flame show 201 proof?"

Didn't even burn!!!

Never buy shine from a Cherokee! mad
Posted By: tommyad Re: Nobody Cares (with Janice Merritt) - 03/20/15 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: lancew

Lance, Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate it very much. Tom
© PG Music Forums