PG Music Home
Posted By: derekmcc A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 07:34 AM
Written way back in 2000 but totally re-worked in 2014 using BIAB, vocals as always done in house studio. Was part of an Album I did back in 2000 called " Not War" redid the entire Album using BIAB and to say the least it did a great job.

https://soundcloud.com/derekmccorkell/a-song-for-peace
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 08:52 AM
Nice tune. You did a good job on the production and mix. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 09:45 AM
Great job, and very nice effort. Enjoyed both the lyrics and choice of instruments. Well put together!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 12:28 PM
Very timely.
Another good song Derek.
Rob.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 02:15 PM
Derek,

Welcome to the forum.

You have a terrific sound going here. Nicely arranged, recorded and mixed. Nice vocals, too.

As others have mentioned on some of your other posts, it would be nice to see what RealTracks you might have used. And whatever extra was added from elsewhere (there seem to be some loops?). Lyrics are nice to see, as well...

You will likely find that if you spread your posts out a bit you will get more attention for each of them. Give people an opportunity to listen and comment on a single song before moving on to the next.

Enjoyed the listen

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 02:54 PM
Hi Derek,
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Welcome to the forum.

You have a terrific sound going here. Nicely arranged, recorded and mixed. Nice vocals, too.

As others have mentioned on some of your other posts, it would be nice to see what RealTracks you might have used. And whatever extra was added from elsewhere (there seem to be some loops?). Lyrics are nice to see, as well...

You will likely find that if you spread your posts out a bit you will get more attention for each of them. Give people an opportunity to listen and comment on a single song before moving on to the next.

Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 03:38 PM
Derek,

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoyed the listen

floyd

+ 1 and welcome. Hey, have a look around. You might find something you like.

J&B
Posted By: ROG Re: A Song For Peace - 03/27/15 08:41 PM
Hi Derek

A good track with a very big sound.

At times I thought that there was a lot of activity going on in the same octave, which made the mix a bit muddy in places, but generally a very nice production.

Welcome to the forum.

ROG.
Posted By: derekmcc Re: A Song For Peace - 03/28/15 03:59 AM
Hi thanks for your post,re the tracks used and other stuff this was done over a year ago and unfortunately the original BIAB song file is long gone,so I can't recall what tracks were used,as for loops no I don't use loops never have done I don't like loops and to be honest I'm not proficent in their use anyway.All the tracks used here are entirely BIAB generated apart from the vocals.All tracks were saved individually then arranged via Samplitude and exported as a .wav file then Mastered. This Album was originally done in 2000 but never released as I was not happy with the original results.In 2014 I decided to re-work all the songs and used Band In A Box exclusively to do this.On a couple of the tracks there may be a little live piano but only a very small amount.
Posted By: PeteG Re: A Song For Peace - 03/28/15 04:51 AM
I enjoyed listening to your song Derek - it's wonderful message that many of us long become true. thanks--Pete
Posted By: gibson Re: A Song For Peace - 03/28/15 05:21 AM
Derek,

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoyed the listen

floyd

All that floyd says, + 1
your other songs sound just as professional as this

Alyn
© PG Music Forums