PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Homage to Dizzy - 04/05/15 03:57 PM
Hola I was listening to some old records by Dizzy Gillespie and then thought of doing a tune in his style, so https://soundcloud.com/cubanpete/night-with-dizzie was born.
Done in RB All midi using different VST except for the trumpet solo/melody which is 463Trumpet solo.

Hope you all like it.

Mike B.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/05/15 04:32 PM
Mike,

I like this - lots of variation throughout. The mix sounds great.

Bob
Posted By: PeteG Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/05/15 06:32 PM
What's not to like? confused Somewhere in a box I have the old time sheet music for Cuban Pete as performed by Ricky Ricardo and used at the ending of the Jim Carrie movie - "The Mask".

I'd be interested how you put this together. Parts that were generated, and parts you played on?- keyboard I guess?
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/05/15 09:27 PM
A little out of expertise.
Very well written.
Well mixed.
Rob.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/06/15 12:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I thoroughly enjoyed the listen. I don't know a great deal of Dizzy Gillespie's music but I like jazz and your composition certainly reminded me of those Gillespie pieces I know. It sounded just great!

A terrific use of midi, too.

This is my new favourite of your work smile

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/06/15 01:44 AM
Mike you've done a great job, fantastic use of swing tempo as well. Really superb all around.
Trevor
Posted By: RichMac Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/06/15 06:20 AM
Beyond my commenting abilities really but an amazing arrangement!
Like that it's not too too busy. Cheers.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/06/15 03:34 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. Always appreciate the judgement of fine musicians like you all.

More to come.

Mike B.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Homage to Dizzy - 04/06/15 05:17 PM
Very cool, very lively tune!! Those crash cymbals sound huge. Great mix, and great track all around!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums