PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/10/15 04:04 PM
Here's the link to the video

FOOLS ERRAND

all of the credit for the video goes to Joanne.

Enjoy
Posted By: floyd jane Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/10/15 05:07 PM
Great job on that, guys. The split screen is nice.

The last 10 seconds is chilling.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/10/15 05:52 PM
Good video production. It's professional across the board.

Charlie
Posted By: Noel96 Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/11/15 07:39 AM
Joanne and Herb, the video is excellent. You've done a terrific job.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/11/15 08:29 AM
Joanne and Herb

This is one of the best we have seen in a very long time. Sensational song, outstanding video (thanks Jo), superb production, genuine cause.

What a brilliant effort you have all made. Truly appreciated

Let's all hope this can make a difference. For not to win this cause will be an absolute travesty

Trev
Posted By: tommyad Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/11/15 11:05 AM
I really enjoyed listening to this again. So great all the way around. Excellent job. Tom
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 03:22 AM
Good work guys nice tones in this one.
Great video.
Rob.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 08:24 AM
Floyd, Charlie, Noel, Trev, Tom, Rob: Thanks guys for listing, watching and commenting.

Just an update, JC is pitching this for licensing to a rhino conservation group in South Africa. She says they are interested but we will see how that goes. Keeping our fingers crossed until we hear what they decide. In this biz, things can change quickly at times when the stars align.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 08:38 AM
Hi Guys. Thanks for giving the video a whirl. Herb is too modest when he says all the credits for the video go to me. Herb made a huge effort in sending me footage to use, even rerecording some of it to get the lighting better. He also provided detailed input every step of the way helping to make it what it ended up. Thanks Herb!

I went to see someone from the Rhinose Foundation this morning. They already distribute merchandise to 200 CNA stores in South Africa. They sell bright red plastic "rhino horns" that South Africans buy and put on the front grill of their cars so that their support is visible to everyone. That has been fading out over the last couple of months and so they are interested in finding other products. My timing may be good on this! I think it will all depend if CNA like the music. But with you all on the bandwagon who could not!

So please all hold thumbs for us!

(The Rhinose website is here http://www.rhinose.org/)
Posted By: musiclover Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 08:40 AM
An excellent job all around Herb and Joanne, nice catchy tune and the video is the finishing touch.

Really deserves to get airtime so good luck with the conservation group, seems like the kind of thing they would like.

I'm sure a lot of work went into the video, takes a lot of work getting all the video and music synced up and all that, just wondering what software package was used?

Excellent job all round.
Musiclover
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 08:46 AM
Hi Musiclover

I use a package called NCH Videopad. It took a bit of time to get to know it (like everything in life!) but I am pretty good at it now (even if I do say so myself grin)

I think you can download and try for free but eventually you have to buy it. (I seem to remember losing functionality until I eventually gave in and bought it!)
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/13/15 12:44 PM
NCH has some good stuff..... I use their Wavepad Audio editor to do my after the fact audio editing on my finished wave files.....

Glad everyone's liking the work we put into this song and video.... JC was a breeze to work with.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/15/15 06:38 PM
REALLY nice video that perfectly accents
the delivery and the message of the song.

A class act all the way around. I hope a
zillion folks see it.

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/15/15 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
REALLY nice video that perfectly accents
the delivery and the message of the song.

zillion folks see it.

J&B

A big +1 and I hope that it makes a difference in saving the Rhinos.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/16/15 08:03 PM
Joanne and Herb,
Great job on the song and video!
Posted By: RnAM Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/16/15 09:51 PM
Hello Herb and Joanne,

This is a very good performance of a song, heartfelt and well written.
Herb we never heard you sing this well laugh the same goes for the lead guitar, uhh, no.... you've played this well before whistle
This as far as the audio is concerned..
The video: one of the best videos posted here on the forum so far.
Really looks like a "live" video. And we love the rhino footage.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: VIDEO: Fool's Errand - 05/17/15 02:26 PM
Musiclover: Thanks for listening. We're hoping this is a song that makes some waves and some money to help with the Rhino project in SA.

Janice & Bud:
Quote:
zillion folks see it.
Us too.... we'd be super excited if a measly million or five would see it and half of those would buy the DL.

MarioD: yup.... thanks

PeterGannon: It's an honor to have you stop in, listen, and comment. Thank you.

RnAM: Thank you.... nice of you to say that. To have you call the video
Quote:
one of the best videos posted here on the forum so far. Really looks like a "live" video. And we love the rhino footage.
is an honor because you guys rock some video as well....thanks
© PG Music Forums