PG Music Home
Posted By: lancew new song DOUStill? - 05/12/15 06:28 PM

soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/dirtmusiclance/dou321

Patiently waiting for mac 2015 so I can upgrade beyond the basic package-(hint hint PGM laugh ) so I dove in with the tools available to me on a new tune.
DO U still love me?
All BIAB except the guitar riff and some lead gtr ramblings....
Just amazed at how fast I can demo ideas w BIAB!!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/12/15 07:29 PM
Nice song. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/13/15 03:09 AM
Real retro sound on this one.
Good tight vocals.
Good job.
Rob.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/13/15 08:49 AM
Lance,

A very enjoyable listen. The song has a great feel - really "sings" well - in a way that writers often neglect - letting the vocal work as an instrument.

Catchy. I liked the simple lead that gave the production a "signature". And I really liked the vocal - it has "heart".

Nice.

floyd
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/13/15 01:03 PM
Very nice..... glad I took the time.

This has a old country rocker feel to it.... which I happen to love. Kinda like Neil Young but more electric, played better, and cleaner.

The fade......didn't like that. It left the song feeling unfinished. Take the time and make a well defined ending.

Sounds a bit like it's fairly heavily compressed. It kinda stays at one level throughout.....which some folks like.

I had a hard time understanding the lyrics. But I like the melody of the song. What a cool groove you have in this song.

Yes.... BB allows me to demo things and change things around quickly. Add a part, remove a part, change the key, the tempo..... a few clicks and it's done. I love that.
Posted By: boehm Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/13/15 01:44 PM
Hi Lance,

like the vocals and your guitar.
Nice arrangement.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: olemon Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/16/15 10:24 AM
Dig it. I hear a lot of influences in this, all good ones:)

Cool production. Nice wall of sound while preserving the vocals. The more I listen the more I like it! And what a perfect fade....
Posted By: tommyad Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/16/15 11:10 AM
I like this one. Great vocal. The signature guitar licks work well.Good job! Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/16/15 11:51 AM
Nice production!

Enjoyed the listen.

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/16/15 10:31 PM
Hi there Lance,

Oh yes, we love that retro 80s sound. Your vocals remind us of Lloyd Cole. Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: new song DOUStill? - 05/16/15 10:39 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Lance,

A very enjoyable listen. The song has a great feel - really "sings" well - in a way that writers often neglect - letting the vocal work as an instrument.

Catchy. I liked the simple lead that gave the production a "signature". And I really liked the vocal - it has "heart".

Nice.

floyd

I agree with Floyd and couldn't have said it any better. Very nice mix also! Personally I liked the ending.
© PG Music Forums