PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/16/15 03:12 PM
Hi folks, as most of you might know, BB King has passed, so I thought to pay tribute to the Blues master with this tune Coronado Blues
Stats are:Style is M_S128BL.STY (Slow12-8Blues MIDI Piano[85MST])
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded

RealTracks in style: 1922:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockSlow12-8 Sw 060
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 2162:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SlowBluesy12-8John Sw 085 through Addictive Keys
RealTracks in song: ~673:Organ, B3, Background Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 568:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Blues Monday Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 1955:Sax, Alto, Soloist TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Mark Sw 060
RealDrums in Song: BluesMondaySw8^07-a:Sidestick, Ride , b:Snare, Ride

Comments always welcome.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/16/15 07:54 PM
Great tribute Mike. BB would be pleased for sure. Real bluesy too!
Trev
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/17/15 01:48 AM
Thanks Trev. Sure a great loss.

Mike B.
Posted By: boehm Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/17/15 01:48 PM
Hi Mike,

great tribute. Nice choice of RTs.
Like this.

Guenter
That's a cool progression. I could hear myself playing and jamming along to this. Ripping it up one side and down the other.

BB was certainly a major influence on thousands of guitarists. That includes dozens of the big name groups and pickers.... from Clapton to the Beatles, the Who and countless others.

He was influential in the early years of this humble guitar player as well.
Posted By: tommyad Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/17/15 06:39 PM
Mike, love tha transition from the guitar to that that wailing sax. The tone sounded very similar. The chord progression is real nice. Just enough different with the 2 sections using a minor then a major to make it unique and interesting. I find that a challenge in the blues realm to get it out of the ordinary and make it something new. BB was really great. The most unique thing about him was that he never played and sang at the same time. It was one or the other. A nice tribute, Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/17/15 06:44 PM
All of your stuff is very well done, Mike. This is no exception. You make it seem so effortless - and I know it is not...

cool.

fj
"The Thrill Is Gone" for sure. We have listened to him
for decades.

Thanks for producing this wonderful tribute.

GREAT mix!

We much enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: gibson Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/18/15 04:08 AM
As floyd said
Quote:
All of your stuff is very well done, Mike. This is no exception. You make it seem so effortless - and I know it is not...

Yup, 1+ to that

Good tribute to a great guitar player.

Alyn
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/18/15 05:04 AM
Just love a tribute song.
Nice work.
Rob
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/18/15 11:08 AM
Thank you all Tom, Guenter, Herb, Floyd, J&B, Alyn and Rob for the kind words and the time to listen, and observations.

Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/18/15 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: gibson
As floyd said
Quote:

Yup, 1+ to that

Good tribute to a great guitar player.

Alyn

A BIG +1

Great transition from axe to sax!

The King of the Blues is gone but the thrill will always be there for me! I love the blues!
This is such a nice, authentic song. Enjoyed my listen and always enjoy your stuff.

Charlie
Posted By: cubanpete Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/20/15 07:14 PM
Thanks Mario and Charlie, always appreciate and value your comments.

Mike B.
Mike, this is really a great tribute. You always do a great job of placing the Realtracks in such a way that sounds cohesively real. Thanks for sharing this.

Steve
Really cool tune Mike!! I was bummed to hear of his passing. A patient of mine saw him play last Summer I believe, in the south where he lived (don't remember which state). They said he had dementia but could still play that axe. Lucille will never find anyone to take his place. I heard that years ago he was asked if he had any advice for young guitar players starting out. He replied, "Don't be afraid to play a whole note". Always loved that story. Thanks for posting. Take care. Greg
Posted By: RichMac Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/21/15 08:48 PM
Very cruisy bluesy. Cheers.
Posted By: PRADON Re: The King is dead, long live the King! - 05/22/15 05:15 PM
Hello,

The guitar solo was played by you ? If it is, you're a great blues guitarist !
© PG Music Forums