PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 01:44 AM
Hi folks, I have made songs for most of my grand children and I though I post the latest one named Grayson's Ragtime I'm not sure why I picked this kind of genre, but anyway, here it is.
is JOPLIN.STY (Scott Joplin Style)
BassCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand SampleTank.tgs
MelodyCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Piano (1),
RealTracks in song: ~1793:Tuba, DixielandMedium Sw 110 (A: in-2)
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1810:Piano, Rhythm HonkyTonkJohn Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~1793:Tuba, DixielandMedium Sw 110 (A: in-2)
RealTracks in song: ~1296:Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 165
RealDrums in Song: EthnicSwing^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat, b:Sidestick, Ride
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 02:41 AM
Hi Mike,

It certainly starts out with hints of Joplin scattered through the piano presentation. Nice.

I was so used to the straight feel with which you began that when the style changed, it really made me sit up and pay attention. It's very clever how you took straight ragtime and mixed it with a dash of swing and ended up with 6/8 (or maybe 12/8, depending on how its viewed). Creative composing!

You entertained me!

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 06:27 AM
Most enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 10:04 AM
Hi, Mike...

(you might consider bolding your title or

Putting It On A Line By Itself

...to set it apart some. Some folks might have a bit of trouble finding it as it is - we ain't gettin' any younger, you know smile )

I liked what you did - it was interesting. But it kept occurring to me that the soloing piano and the right hand honk tonk rhythm were in the same general area - and the tones and levels were different... so it seemed like two pianos - sort of colliding. I could be wrong, of course - not really my "sound area"...

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 11:17 AM
Hi Mike,

nice tribute to your grandson.
Very entertaining.
Floyd is right with his remark
about the pianos.

Guenter
Posted By: dcuny Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 12:58 PM
Interesting mix of styles - especially the addition of the tuba.

I liked how the piano bookended the song, and I was a bit surprised at the tuba et al at the fade. It kept me guessing all the way through!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 02:10 PM
Thanks Rob, Guenter,David for listening, and Floyd, I would take your advise about the bolding of the title. believe me I know all about getting older! And I see what you mean about the pianos maybe fighting each other but, how's to say that there were not two pianos? Good observation. Thanks for listening.

Mike B.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 04:51 PM
Another very nice tune Mike!! Really like the feel of this. Arrangement is very cool. I feel the tuba could come up a bit in the mix. Cool tune!! Thanks for posting. Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Song for my Grandson - 06/27/15 09:06 PM
A very interesting and very good piece of music! Ragtime piano with a tuba, what super combination of instruments.

I liked this very much.
© PG Music Forums