PG Music Home
Posted By: semar From Bending To Orient - 07/10/15 05:31 PM
Carried from a bending exercise I've discovered a riff with an oriental flavour..

I play the piano at the beginning and the solo guitar, the rest is BiaB

Bending Oriente

Have a listen and let me know what do you think :-)

Good Music,
Sergio.
Posted By: RnAM Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/13/15 04:12 PM
Hello Sergio,

We recognize the melody. Does this happen to be based on a well known song? Ah,yes we already know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZAQwIMx7k

Nicely done.
We detect some tempo inconsistencies in the syncing of either the RTs or the solo.
Is this correct?

Rob and Anne-Marie

PS: which RTs did you use? It's a custom on the forum to post the list of RTs used.

Posted By: semar Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/14/15 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Sergio,

We recognize the melody. Does this happen to be based on a well known song? Ah,yes we already know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZAQwIMx7k

Nicely done.
We detect some tempo inconsistencies in the syncing of either the RTs or the solo.
Is this correct?

Rob and Anne-Marie

PS: which RTs did you use? It's a custom on the forum to post the list of RTs used.

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,
thanks for your kind words.
Well, it's the very first time that this sort of thing happened to me.

A melody, which I'm more than sure I've never heard before.

While practicing with the e-guitar, I come to this 'riff' more than one time. It was still incomplete.

The next morning I wake up with the complete melody playing in my head and to better remember it, I've done a raw recording using my voice and a smartphone. The same night I practiced again with this melody, and I came up with the chords, so I did just a take - andt hat explains some tempo inconsistencies in the syncing of the solo, as well as some note 'out of the range' - and some day ago I decided to 'publish' it on soundcloud.

Yesterday night I've read your comment, and could not believe it ! "My" melody is very closed to a song from Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers, called "Egyptian Reggae".

How could this have happened !?

I must have heard that song during an 'inconscious' status. But I must confess, I don't recall that I've ever known about the above band, nor I did a search of this song in the past - I checked even the browser history to be sure.

May be it was a soundtrack in a movie I've watched, but once again it makes me skeptical, since I don't watch tv.

It's all very strange, but in some way fascinating too.

Anyway, the style used is called 'crossover', and I'll post more info about the instruments as soon as I can :-)

Thanks for listening by the way !
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/14/15 05:13 PM
Nice music!! Guitar part is cool-nice tone. Enjoyed the listen! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/20/15 02:25 PM
Hi Sergio,

Very nice sounding guitar. Cheers!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/20/15 03:44 PM
Chitarra cool. Ho apprezzato molto la canzone. L'intro di pianoforte รจ stato bello.

Cheers,

Billy
Posted By: RnAM Re: From Bending To Orient - 07/20/15 04:25 PM
Hi Sergio,

This is not uncommon laugh.
In our language there is an expression which says (translated literally) "a collective memory".
This means sort of what you said, certain songs tend to stay in memory unconsciously.
Apart from all that, we guess that Jonathan Richman also "drank from that well" grin

Rob and Anne-Marie
© PG Music Forums