PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 07/29/15 09:07 AM
Hello everybody,
In the middle of this piece, the chord progression doesn't change but the tempo is twice faster.

RD JazzOlder^1
RT 1204 bass
RT 1210 then 1199 rythm guitar
RT 764 clarinet
RT 1214 then 1203 solo guitar
RT 1790 banjo
RT 1969 trombone

[Link no longer valid]
Posted By: MarioD Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 07/31/15 04:49 PM
Chris this is really really good! It has that "Quintette du Hot Club de France" feel to it! If there was an acoustic guitar lead one might have thought it was Django!

Two thumbs up!
Posted By: Chris37 Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/01/15 04:30 AM
Hi Mario, thanks for your comments.
Your comparison with the Quintette du Hot Club de France is quite right. During the second world war, Stéphane Grappelli's violin has been replaced by Hubert Rostaing's clarinet ! And Django's guitar was always so inspired.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/01/15 06:11 AM
Hi Christian,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this. Swing jazz and Gypsy jazz are favourites of mine and I like the way you presented both. The tempo changes were great and really kept me on my guard! That's a terrific clarinet sound. Really well arranged and mixed.

Very entertaining!

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: olemon Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/01/15 11:32 AM
Well, as I listened, and before I read Mario's comment and your answer, I thought, 'European sidewalk cafe.'

Then I started imagining a day in the life of the people working there. The tempo change hit me as being a kind of rush hour. A video of this is playing in my mind I guess.

Excellent production!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/22/15 09:05 PM
Sounds like a movie studio soundtrack. Very nice and the double tempo is a nice touch.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/22/15 10:07 PM
Cant go wrong with this style.
Well mixed. Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/29/15 10:59 PM
Interesting stuff!! Transition is cool-I could see this as score music where there is a change in the mood in the film. Cool music! Take care. Greg
Posted By: gruverider Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 08/30/15 03:58 AM
Thank you for sharing your art with us. This is a wonderful forum for posting original music. Not to mention a great product for creating music.
You have found a suburb community of generous artists who love to listen to, and comment on other artists songs. If only to give feedback to others who are also sharing their art.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: From dixie ballad to gypsy swing - 09/01/15 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Christian,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this. Swing jazz and Gypsy jazz are favourites of mine and I like the way you presented both. The tempo changes were great and really kept me on my guard! That's a terrific clarinet sound. Really well arranged and mixed.

Very entertaining!

Regards,
Noel

Noel said it all and said it well.
We are both fans of what came
out of the Hot Club. Had a friend
who played great gypsy jazz fiddle.
Very cool!

J&B
© PG Music Forums