PG Music Home
When you're feeling nervous about an upcoming significant event (an exam, a job interview, a presentation, a tournament, a recital, a first date, etc.) for which you can't prepare yourself any more than you already have, you have reached a point where all you can do is hope for the best!

Since my composition method is somewhat experimental, "Hoping For The Best" is also my motto when I start working on a new piece. smile

https://soundcloud.com/david-laprise/hoping-for-the-best-1

Title: Hoping for the Best
Key=D , Tempo 107, Length (m:s)=3:59
8 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 40. Repeat x3 choruses

All tracks are from BIAB:
RealTracks in song:
2421:Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100
~1652:Organ, RhythmNoBass Bossa Ev 085
2111:Sax, Baritone, Background, R&B Ev16 110 (1TrackHornSection)
1410:Piano, SynthLayer, Rhythm Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
1070:Trumpet, Soloist SmoothJazzPoppy Ev16 090
STYs in song:
~OTISRED.STY (drum part) plays Ableton Drum Machines LD samples
MARIAH1.STY (piano part) plays NI Kontakt Clavinet samples

Everything was mixed in Ableton Live! with a Room reverb on the send/return bus.
Good energy and cool groove!! Some unusual instrument choices but I feel like the all worked together quite well. Fun listen! Take care. Greg
This one jumps out of the gate like a Derby horse; nice groove; thanks for sharing!
Well, that was a fun little piece.

I especially liked the Clavinet.

Thanks for the music,
Dan
Hello,

I like the various instruments mix.
Good work.

Hello.
Hi David,

a fun experiment.
Enjoyed listening.

Guenter
Wow that clavinet is smokin. Very interesting mix of instruments. I like the break at 2:05. Nicely done. Tom
A very interesting piece, David.

The combination of instruments kept my attention throughout.

floyd
I enjoyed this a lot. Very creative.

Charlie
Put a smile on my face smile I'm totally surprised how well the rockabilly acoustic bass matches the feel of the other instruments. Great arrangement. Hope you'll do some more songs, should be interesting listening.
You showed how a little experiment, pushing the envelope a bit, can really make something interesting happen. I think this track is pretty cool, and bounces along with a little bit of New Orleans style in there. I would love to hear more of your 'experimental' approach!

-MWG
© PG Music Forums