PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young Can't Help It - 09/02/15 05:21 PM
This is a corny love song I wrote about 5 years ago. Had a few hours off so I thought I would rework it. All the instruments are RT/RD, with some percussion and brass added by me. Hope you enjoy it!

Can't Help It

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 909:Bass, Electric, SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
RealTracks in song: 380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealTracks in song: 998:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 575:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues BB Ev 085 ('B' only)
RealTracks in song: 674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1170:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Have a great day!

Steve
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Can't Help It - 09/02/15 06:37 PM
As McCartney once said, "You'd think the world would have had enough of silly love songs, I look around me and I see it isn't so". This is a really fun, energetic, feel-good track!! Great arrangement, vocals, and mix. Wonderful job on everything-the whole nine yards! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Can't Help It - 09/02/15 06:44 PM
I see why it says expert under your profile pic, your song was almost perfect. The only nitpick I would have (and it's a small one) is that the lead solo seemed a bit back in the mix. Other than that I can only say thanks for a great listen and I really enjoyed the technical aspect of your work as well as the musical.

Rick
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can't Help It - 09/02/15 08:14 PM
This is really nice. Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Charlie
Posted By: RnAM Re: Can't Help It - 09/02/15 09:36 PM
This is somewhat different from the songs I've heard from you so far. I have to say I like your ballads more. But this definitely sounds okay. The RockMediumBrent soloist works very well here.

Rob
Posted By: gibson Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 12:10 AM
Wow that was different for you Steve.
A good love song, nicely produced and the solo fitted well.
Beautiful singing as usual.

enjoyed

Alyn
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 05:28 AM
Liked the song , vocals & brass. Very nicely done.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 07:35 AM
As always Steve,great work.
Rob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 10:24 AM
A fun song, Steve - I am dancing in my seat!

You are so good at "the little touches".
The organ parts are tasty.
The brass, too.
A couple of addition drum fills (I think?) - just right. Nice touch.
Nice job on the guitar solo - that had to have been piece together carefully - I have never heard that RT do that... nice!

There is a touch of JT to the lyrics - after a few listens they just start to feel like one more "instrument" in the mix...(something he does SO well)

Enjoyed it.

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 10:45 AM
Hi Steve,

a perfect song. Very well arranged.
I especially like the harmonies and
background vocals.
Enjoyable toe tapping listen.

Guenter
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 11:47 AM
As always Steve outstanding work. Man you are so good at bringing out all of the shining moments in an instruments playing. great vocal delivery; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
As McCartney once said, "You'd think the world would have had enough of silly love songs, I look around me and I see it isn't so". This is a really fun, energetic, feel-good track!! Great arrangement, vocals, and mix. Wonderful job on everything-the whole nine yards! Take care. Greg

A big ole +2 here!

Different from what we've heard but it
certainly maintains your high bar
RT/RD choices, arrangement and mix.

Another good un!

J&B
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Can't Help It - 09/03/15 08:32 PM
Love It Cuz, wish I could sang like you!
Posted By: gruverider Re: Can't Help It - 09/04/15 05:40 PM
The groove of this song really shines in your mix here and I love that break down at 2:50. Wonderful horns and harmony vox.

You have such a tight bottom lol! These last few weeks I have been cruising the net watching everything I can to try and learn how to tame and tighten up the kick and bass. I'm getting closer (I think).

Super listen!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Can't Help It - 09/11/15 04:56 PM
Great arrangement, great song. Everything sounds so good.

Kenny
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Can't Help It - 09/30/15 08:52 PM
Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond to anyone! I have had numerous things come up in the past couple of weeks, including a death in the family (my daughter's father-in-law, who we were all close to).

I so appreciate everyone's kind words about this song! I hope to do better in the future in expressing my appreciation.

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't Help It - 09/30/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
A fun song, Steve - I am dancing in my seat!

You are so good at "the little touches".
The organ parts are tasty.
The brass, too.
A couple of addition drum fills (I think?) - just right. Nice touch.
Nice job on the guitar solo - that had to have been piece together carefully - I have never heard that RT do that... nice!

There is a touch of JT to the lyrics - after a few listens they just start to feel like one more "instrument" in the mix...(something he does SO well)

Enjoyed it.

floyd

Hey Steve,

It's good to see you again! I've been away from the forum for a bit and missed this one. It's excellent, really excellent. Like floyd, I was dancing in my seat too! You're definitely the master (10th dan black belt) when it comes to arranging and mixing.

I totally enjoyed this and will be going back for more listens a little later today.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: SRP Re: Can't Help It - 09/30/15 09:25 PM
Just listened to your new song Can't Help It and I am finding out that you guys that have been around for a while really know what you are doing. I really liked the guitar solo with organ intro (nice touch). This music brings back memories of my first band back in 1962 although we were not as good as your song and we never did original stuff. I also took a peep at your other music especially the Christian ones for that is my first love. I hope to share one of my own in the near future.
Great song Steve.
Sonny
© PG Music Forums