PG Music Home
MEDICINE MAN

Since Tom (tommyad) is on a bit of a sabbatical I thought I’d repost this song he and I wrote last year (and that he produced)…just to keep us all reminded of his talent! It seemed that a way to do that would be to create a lyric video and perhaps offer a fresh take on the tune. Nothing commercial here, no chorus just a refrain, no bridge, outlier imagery, etc., just the fun of collabs and BiaB while also learning to create lyric videos.

Tom, Janice and I appreciate your time to both look and listen. And, as always, comments are welcome.

Janice: vocal
Tom: acoustic guitar, lead guitar, flute sample, RT/RD selection, mixing and mastering
Bud: video production using all edited public domain images

RealTracks in style: ~388:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 694:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockArp Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 697:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: UrbanPopEv8UrbaFolk^3-a,b:cycling

Medicine Man
© 2014 Tom Adams and Bud Merritt

I watched the sun paint the evening sky
and slept on the mesa in the star light
I sought a vision of a way back to you
But there were no signs, I felt hope die

All I need is the touch of a healing hand
Come on home and be my medicine man

I’m the daughter of Mother Nature’s son
grandfather said I was a chosen one
cleanse the spirit clear the mind
bathed in the mud, washed in the blood

I need is the touch of a healing hand

I searched for herbs in the valley below
own by the river a wise old crow
left a message and flew into the sun
flowers, leaves, roots won't cure me, no no

All I need is the touch of a healing hand

Wow!! Very cool, and loved the video. I don't believe I've heard that before and I liked it!! Love that guitar groove. The music really captures the native American feel, and the lyrics are really cool-very poetic. Vocal is killer (what else could it be)! Enjoyed much! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Medicine Man (Tom Adams collab/new video) - 09/04/15 08:27 PM
Brilliant!
Posted By: gibson Re: Medicine Man (Tom Adams collab/new video) - 09/04/15 08:36 PM
I enjoyed that,
everything fits so well,
Janice, Tom and Bud, I listen to your songs and for those few minutes life is so good

thank you laugh

Alyn
Wonderful job all around. Everything is perfect for the genre. It looks like video will soon be pulling at the rest of us to up our game. Video really adds a lot to the overall experience.

Charlie
I really like the juxtaposition of the swamp rock sound with the more urban beats. A really good sound and production. Great listen!
What a great feel. Nice guitar work, fantastic driving beat. Sensational video. Perfect lyrics. One of the best. Congratulations Team!
Posted By: boehm Re: Medicine Man (Tom Adams collab/new video) - 09/05/15 12:13 AM
Hi Janice, Bud and Tommy,

I heard this song some time ago. I think nothing
has changed in the (great) music, but the video
adds a lot to the mood. Thanks, Bud.

Guenter
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Medicine Man (Tom Adams collab/new video) - 09/05/15 02:07 PM
Another I75 hit.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: RnAM Re: Medicine Man (Tom Adams collab/new video) - 09/05/15 08:12 PM
Hi J&B and Tom,

Well, this is really something else!
First, we looooove Tom's lead guitar on this, really spiritual.
Janice's vocal appears to have a somewhat "modest" touch here, which we really love.
Bud's video:
the best we've seen so far of you guys. We especially like the ripple effect (really gives that LSD feeling laugh ).
All in all one of your best!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Peyote in this setting I guess...lol

Nice song and I liked the video. You are a lucky guy Bud, you got a great vocalist there!!

Have fun.

Billy
Such a great listen. Talk about coloring outside the lines!...

The additional elements in this are SO well done - the flute - the percussion - I seldom hear a tambourine that I "like" - the one in this is excellent.

All the usual superlatives apply, of course...

Y'all do it right.

fj
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wow!! Very cool, and loved the video. I don't believe I've heard that before and I liked it!! Love that guitar groove. The music really captures the native American feel, and the lyrics are really cool-very poetic. Vocal is killer (what else could it be)! Enjoyed much! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. That is high praise and we are very appreciative especially given how much we admire your work and we thank you for the time to listen and comment!!

Tom/J&B

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Brilliant!

Thanks Peter!!
Great work all round. Very haunting. You guys really catch the vibe.
Excellent
Originally Posted By: gibson
I enjoyed that,
everything fits so well,
Janice, Tom and Bud, I listen to your songs and for those few minutes life is so good

thank you laugh

Alyn

Alyn, that is a very kind comment! Thank you very much.

J&B

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Wonderful job all around. Everything is perfect for the genre. It looks like video will soon be pulling at the rest of us to up our game. Video really adds a lot to the overall experience.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Lyric videos are definitely the easier way to go. Mine are a work in progress. About every time I start one I've forgotten half that I learned from the previous one! Another product of aging.....

J&B

Originally Posted By: mwgilbert
I really like the juxtaposition of the swamp rock sound with the more urban beats. A really good sound and production. Great listen!

Thanks, those drums juxtaposed with Tom's guitar was all his idea...and, yep, it was a good one!

J&B
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
What a great feel. Nice guitar work, fantastic driving beat. Sensational video. Perfect lyrics. One of the best. Congratulations Team!

That's nice of you! We appreciate it.

J&B

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Janice, Bud and Tommy,

I heard this song some time ago. I think nothing
has changed in the (great) music, but the video
adds a lot to the mood. Thanks, Bud.

Guenter

Thank you Guenter. You are right in that the
audio is the same. We are glad that you
felt the video added to the song!

Thanks,

J&B
I didn't catch this last time around, either...

The video is such a great compliment to the fine writing, guitar, vocal and production.

Another great one!
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Another I75 hit.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob, still looking for the beer coozies.

J&B
Excellent song, performance and video. Loved the atmosphere created. Well done all round!

John
This is such a good song. So distinctive with an inescapable vibe. I'm glad you put it to video. Well done montage and perfect excuse to be able to listen to the song again!

Bravo!
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

Nice song and I liked the video. You are a lucky guy Bud, you got a great vocalist there!!

Have fun.

Billy

Thanks Billy. Yep very lucky. 35 years of hiking, biking, kayaking and making music together. I won life's lotto!

Bud
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

Have fun.

Billy

Thanks Billy. Yep very lucky. 35 years of hiking, biking, kayaking and making music together. I won life's lotto!

Bud

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Such a great listen. Talk about coloring outside the lines!...

The additional elements in this are SO well done - the flute - the percussion - I seldom hear a tambourine that I "like" - the one in this is excellent.

All the usual superlatives apply, of course...

Y'all do it right.

fj

Thanks floyd, we are always happy when "the man" enjoys one of our efforts!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great work all round. Very haunting. You guys really catch the vibe.
Excellent

Thanks Rob!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Curt Young
I didn't catch this last time around, either...

The video is such a great compliment to the fine writing, guitar, vocal and production.

Another great one!

Thanks Curt. Appreciate the comments.
Hello,

another great song by you.
I like a lot the bass line, the guitar riff
and your voice Janice, as usual.

Very fine the video too.
Great work.

Hello.
Originally Posted By: Skyline
Excellent song, performance and video. Loved the atmosphere created. Well done all round!

John

Thank you John. Glad you like the feel.

Originally Posted By: gruverider
This is such a good song. So distinctive with an inescapable vibe. I'm glad you put it to video. Well done montage and perfect excuse to be able to listen to the song again!

Bravo!

Thanks. Tom really established the vibe with the guitar riff!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri
Hello,

another great song by you.
I like a lot the bass line, the guitar riff
and your voice Janice, as usual.

Very fine the video too.
Great work.

Hello.

Thanks for listening and taking the
time to comment. We appreciate it!

J&B