PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Cyclone - 09/15/15 01:48 PM
Hi, I was kind of bored and thought of experimenting a little bit here, so I came up with this jazz Fusion type of tune. I know, it is out of my way but that was the whole idea. So I give you Cyclone
[color:#000000]Style is FUS_250.STY (Fusion at T=250 - Fast Fusion)
DrumsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Fretless Elec. Bass (36), Electric Piano (5), Square Wave Lead (81), Synth Strings 2 (52), All of these using the Ketron2
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)using Power Drums 2

Watch, you might get dizzy!

Mike B.
Posted By: mwgilbert Re: Cyclone - 09/15/15 09:51 PM
I like this - nice arrangement, moves & grooves!

I have one suggestion. Try replacing the MIDI drum part with one of the Terry Clarke RealDrums parts.

(also you might want to come up with an ending to replace the fall off the cliff smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Cyclone - 09/16/15 10:20 AM
Hi, Mike...

That one is a bit "too jazzy" for me.

Well mixed. I think Micheal's suggestion about trying the Terry Clarke RealDrums is a good one. But I kind of like the "fall off the cliff" ending (nice description, MWG)

floyd
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Cyclone - 09/16/15 10:41 AM
Man this is smoking hot and yes I'm dizzy, great ride.

Kenny
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Cyclone - 09/16/15 11:30 AM
Thank you guys for listening. As far as Michael's suggestion about Terry's Rt's; I checked that and although some of them are listed as some kind of funk/fusion, they go as far as 190 bpm; this tune is clocking at 250, is quite an stretch for the Rt's and aside from not being the same feel at all they sound funny and not natural being that far from the original max tempo of 190. I like the dynamic changes of the midi one.
UPDATE: Found a RD substitute "jazz even 8" by Craig Scott that works pretty good. I will make the changes.
Thanks again

Mike B.
Posted By: boehm Re: Cyclone - 09/16/15 09:25 PM
Hi Mike,

very groovy. I like the drums. Don't know which ones
I heard. The ending is ok for me.
Great synth leads.
Very enjoyable.

Guenter
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Cyclone - 09/16/15 10:47 PM
Thanks Guenter, I'm glad you liked it. I have not change the drums yet, these are the original midi ones thru Power Drummer 2.

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Cyclone - 09/17/15 06:22 AM
Mike

Wasn't sure if I really liked at the start, but I apologize about that, because it grew on me.

The song title is perfect.

Trev
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Cyclone - 09/17/15 05:44 PM
Watch, you might get dizzy!.................I love this kind of dizzyness!! Very sweet music. Very creative, very cool, and well-executed! You should make it longer and let Dean put a guitar part on it. Nice one Mike! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RichMac Re: Cyclone - 09/17/15 10:29 PM
Wow! Great midi sound. I like it all. Cheers.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Cyclone - 09/18/15 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hi, Mike...

That one is a bit "too jazzy" for me.

Well mixed. I think Micheal's suggestion about trying the Terry Clarke RealDrums is a good one. But I kind of like the "fall off the cliff" ending (nice description, MWG)

floyd

My thought are as above.
Great production.
Rob
Posted By: gruverider Re: Cyclone - 09/18/15 08:07 PM
I love this one. I'm a big fan of this style - Weather Report, Brand X, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny ...

You did a fantastic job with it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Cyclone - 09/19/15 10:30 AM
I didn't catch this earlier but came back for a listen in comparison with Cyclone2. It's a blazer --- Nice song. I enjoyed it. Now back to Cyclone2 to hear the RD's. These midi's are nice.
Posted By: gibson Re: Cyclone - 09/19/15 11:15 AM
Mike,

I prefer this version with midi drums.
BUT, and a big but I DO like the way, on Soundcloud, this version ends and the next one, with Real Drums, plays almost as if a reprise!!

enjoyed

Alyn
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Cyclone - 09/19/15 12:59 PM
Thanks for the time to listen and comments guys, it is always appreciate it.
Alyn, I agree with you 100%, then again I said at the beginning that I'm particularly for the original version with midi drums. like any midi file, there are midi and there are midi, meaning that some midis are crappy no matter what sampler or synth you play it thru, but there are others that rival any RT or RD, in my humble opinion.

Mike B.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Cyclone - 09/22/15 10:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Watch, you might get dizzy!.................I love this kind of dizzyness!! Very sweet music. Very creative, very cool, and well-executed! You should make it longer and let Dean put a guitar part on it. Nice one Mike! Take care. Greg

Plus 2 here!!

I enjoyed the spin and at 250bpm it was quite a spin!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cyclone - 09/22/15 10:04 PM
Hi Mike,

"Cyclone" is certainly a perfect name for this creation. As musical creation designed to depict a specific event, you've done a great job. To my mind, it sits comfortably beside works like "Kitten On The Keys", "Dizzy Fingers", etc.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: tommyad Re: Cyclone - 09/24/15 01:11 PM
Man this thing moves! It took me awhile to fall in the groove, but I did and enjoyed the ride. Great production chops on display. Tom
© PG Music Forums