PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 02:33 PM
Well, I thought since I had the good fortune of having a testimonial on the PG Music website speaking of how I planned to use Real Band and BIAB to produce my next two albums, I should put up the opening track to one.

This is called Spotify. It is a heartfelt and poignant tribute to the music industry and all my friends writing great songs all over the world. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs/spotify

This is the bed. The lyrics are on soundcloud.

WARNING: This song is meant to be humorous.

Title: Spotify

Key=Eb , Tempo 109, Length (m:s)=3:00
No intro. 78 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 78. Repeat x1 chorus

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _ROCKGTG.STY (NorthernRock w/GrittyElGt(75 RS))
BassCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
DrumsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
MelodyCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded

RealTracks in style: 784:Bass, Electric, PopCrossover Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1155:Organ, B3, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 625:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Rascal Sw 075
RealTracks in song: 1275:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftHeld Ev16 120
RealDrums in style: NashCrossovrSw16^06-a:Snare, Closed Hat Skip Beat 3 , b:Snare, Open Hat Boogaloo
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 03:25 PM
very Dylanesque, David!

and I think Spotify is a good target for a humorous arrow of a song. It's also such an integral part of today's music scene that you have an automatic recognition and identification advantage with your audience.

Cool photo on Sound Cloud too. Looks like the guy who might have written this song. ;-)

but.. I never did see your lyrics on soundcloud. oh wait... I neglected to click the little "see more" arrow. My bad. (Erase erase. )
Posted By: 44kfl Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 05:10 PM
What a wonderful and creative write and performance. I was hearing David Byrne (Talking Heads) every now and then. The title made me curious, I use Spotify as the first place I look for new and old music. Every week a ton of useless crap (to my ears) comes out, but I search for and find Steve Earle, John Hiatt, Jason Isbell(live in NY sessions) no Lucinda Williams (she don't play with them) Ryan Adams and so on. So, I take the good with the bad, please don't destroy my Spotify, it's how I get by, I can find James Brown there
along with Frank Sinatra.
I'll write an answer song to this! Don't destroy my Spotify, good music will come back by and by...

Kenny
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 05:31 PM
Great stuff David!! I love the message and the delivery (I too thought of Dylan). I'm a big fan of the old days, and there certainly is a lot of crap out there but a few diamonds are buried beneath here or there. You did a great job with this. Enjoyed it thoroughly! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 08:10 PM
Very interesting delivery - (the music reminded me of Dave Mason's last album that I was listening to recently -and he often sounds like Dylan). Nice production,
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 09:06 PM

Good write, production and delivery.

Charlie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 09:09 PM
Kenny,

Thanks! I would LOVE if you wrote a response song. I was giving a little nod to the Traveling Wilbury's here and I think if you riffed off of my riff that would be hysterical!!! Go for it man!

Ha ha ha. Great idea. Love it.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/24/15 09:12 PM
Oh, and thanks to everyone else too! You are god buddies!!!
smile
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: New Song: Spotify - 09/27/15 11:16 PM
David,
Right on! Funny stuff. To my ear it reminds me of Randy Newman.
SD
© PG Music Forums