PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 02:06 PM
No... that's not the title to the song....

This song represents the way the day feels, very well..... to this point, here in NC we've had about 10" of rain and I'm ready to see the sun....

In the meantime.... another really old tune from the dusty archives.

BLUES anyone? We be gonna start out down, nasty, and gritty..... but hold on because we be blowing the horns shortly and kicking out the jams.

JUKE JOINT BLUES

Complete with me on the guitar... and a HORN section as well. Yeah... hard to believe..... but have a listen.... enjoy.
Posted By: SRP Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 02:20 PM
Now you are talking! Let the blues begin...great song Herb! I cannot think of anything that I did not like but I only wish that BIAB would make RealTracks of horns like what you put in this song. The stop and go was superb and made me think I was really in a juke joint listening. The ending chords were right on and I sure liked your guitar playing.
Sonny
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 02:39 PM
Loved it Herb!

I like the way you kept it interesting with little change ups here and there (like the Drum pops)

I liked the guitar, and especially the harmony

Dynamics were BETTER than most live bands I've heard playing the blues... liked how you came in quiet and easy then ramped it up with the horns and keys... reminiscent of James Taylor's steam roller blues.

But most of all I liked the horns.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: SRP
Now you are talking! Let the blues begin...great song Herb! I cannot think of anything that I did not like but I only wish that BIAB would make RealTracks of horns like what you put in this song. The stop and go was superb and made me think I was really in a juke joint listening. The ending chords were right on and I sure liked your guitar playing.
Sonny

I think the horns were midi but I'm not 100% sure....They may have been RT's. if you have the full version of BB/RB, look in the RT's and there's quite a few "horn section" RT's setting there waiting on you to use in your tunes.

Yeah, this was fun to play.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 02:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Loved it Herb!

I like the way you kept it interesting with little change ups here and there (like the Drum pops)

I liked the guitar, and especially the harmony

Dynamics were BETTER than most live bands I've heard playing the blues... liked how you came in quiet and easy then ramped it up with the horns and keys... reminiscent of James Taylor's steam roller blues.

But most of all I liked the horns.

I do believe the drum/snare pops were manually editing in. Likely with a midi drum synth for ease of creating the part.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 06:11 PM
Moldy blues? Well done. Love it.
Hope the rain stops.
Rob
Posted By: RichMac Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 09:19 PM
Good fun. Nice and loose. Cheers.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 09:35 PM
Awesome!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/05/15 10:15 PM
Good day to be in the studio where you're at today. I drove through and heavy rains started where I95 and 264 cross and stayed heavy until I got down to Lumberton. Good tune for the day.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 12:00 AM
Some sweet blues Herb!! How did you do those horns? Plugin? Very nice indeed, and your guitar work was very tasty indeed. Enjoyed it a lot!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sundance Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 12:24 AM
That was great Herb. What a cool arrangement with everything. I especially liked the drums at the beginning and the stops later on.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 04:57 AM
A good feeling to this - well played and arranged. I think the Horns were MIDI - I've got a similar sounding horn section in one of my songs somewhere....
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 08:35 AM
Rob, Rich, Tommy, Charlie, Greg, Josie, Peter: Thanks for listening.

This is an older song as well. I'd have to go back and look at the tracks in X1 to be able to tell you if the horns are midi.... but I tend to think they are. However, there are horn section RT's in RB now....

Charlie... that intersection of 264 & 95 is where I live.... perhaps 3 minutes to my house from there. Next time you're up this way give a shout in advance and we can meet to eat if you have the time.
Posted By: boehm Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 10:59 AM
Hi Herb,

nicely arranged.
I like your guitar playing.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 12:28 PM
Herb, I like the arrangement and the build. Really nice guitar playing. I knew all along that you secretly liked the blues. This proves it beyond doubt. I enjoyed it a lot. Tom
Posted By: Icelander Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 03:10 PM
I recognised the horns & drums from an original BBox midi style, so that's one less mystery to solve. The midi drum sound bothered me just a tad (as midi drums tend to), but you made well up for it with the rest of the instruments, including the horns which just fit right in to this seriously cool piece.
Props all around, 'blues brother' cool
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 04:41 PM
Well done. Horns are nice - much punchier than the RTs. I like the drums, actually...
Posted By: RnAM Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 06:24 PM
Some very cool guitar playing in here Herb!

Rob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/06/15 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, I like the arrangement and the build. Really nice guitar playing. I knew all along that you secretly liked the blues. This proves it beyond doubt. I enjoyed it a lot. Tom

haha...he's showing those blues colors! Janice and I are of the "what's there not to like about the blues?" school.

Cool, low down and dirty.

J&B
Posted By: gibson Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/07/15 02:12 AM
Herb,

excellent example of the blues.
I like the horns a lot

I hope the rain stops for you

nice playing

Alyn
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/08/15 09:26 AM
"Charlie... that intersection of 264 & 95 is where I live.... perhaps 3 minutes to my house from there. Next time you're up this way give a shout in advance and we can meet to eat if you have the time."

I'll make sure to take time. I'm already looking forward to the day. Before I retired, I passed that intersection at least once a week or more. Since retirement, a couple of times a year.
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Blues Anyone? - 10/09/15 02:43 PM
Hello

Great song and very great guitar!

Sergio
© PG Music Forums