PG Music Home
Posted By: Noel96 Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 08:01 AM
Using loops for inspiration seems to be very productive for me. I haven't written so many songs in a long time!

Here's another...

I started writing "Can You Imagine" just before John Lennon's birthday. As the song title indicates, that event provided a bit of inspiration, too.

In addition to creating a video using BIAB, I have also included a lead sheet that was generated by BIAB. I've provided this so that anyone interested can get an insight into what bar settings I used in the software. (This lead sheet can be found on Soundcloud via the audio link below.)

BIAB-made Video:Can You Imagine

Audio (Soundcloud):Can You Imagine

Recently I bought Miroslav Philharmonik and I used this and Roland VSC/DXi to create the midi sounds heard in the arrangement.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Regards,
Noel

BIAB Details

Style: _PNO16BR.STY (16ths Piano Pop-Rock [85 RS])

RealTrack 1759: Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTrack 1767: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
RealTrack 1764: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsA-B Ev16 085
RealTrack 1761: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks 1856: Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085

RealDrums: RockBritDrivingEv16^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Lyrics

Can you imagine a scene like this?
We're standing with one another, side by side
And singing together in harmony
With confidence, heart and a mountain of pride

Can you imagine a sound like this?
An ocean of people who sway and sing
In chorus together, friend with friend
Making the heavens reverberate and ring

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And hundreds join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of people were singing strong
Flooding the planet in the sounds of peace
And everyone singing the same song

[Instrumental]

It all begins with a single voice
One voice to lead the way
Sooner or later, another joins in
Then it starts to grow
And millions join the show

Can you imagine the power and strength
If a world full of nations were singing strong
Everyone singing the same song
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 09:11 AM
Wow Noel, not only have you stepped up production but you are also maintaining your normal well thought out lyrics, melody and production.

IMO, your lyrics match well with John Lennon's Imagine and it's easy to imagine this doing quite well commercially recorded by a major artist.

Because of the arrangement and your slight accent, I also could hear this with Barry Gibb doing the honors. That would be a nice birthday tribute to the late Mr. Lennon.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 09:38 AM
Very nice Noel. It's refreshing to hear a song about peace. There used to be a lot of them.

Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 10:58 AM
Nice Noel
I really like the use of non-even bar numbers. It introduces an interesting level of anticipation.
Yes the Miroslav Philharmonik really provides a fantastic dynamic, rich and full.
Did I notice a choir sound in the background too? It worked perfectly.
Top job.
Posted By: boehm Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 12:33 PM
Hi Noel,

very uplifting song! Like your lyrics and
delivery. I especially like the part where the
choir comes in.
I enjoyed my listens a lot.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 02:22 PM
Noel, If everyone had your attitude the world would be a much better place. I am beginning to think that you never get depressed. I like the unusual chord progression and the unusual rhyme scheme. (at least to me anyway) The dropping of the drums except the snare during the cello solo was inspired arranging. And what a big big overall sound! The choir sounded great-money well spent. You keep moving forward in your singing, writing, arranging and production. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next. Excellence lives here. Bravo! Tom
Posted By: RnAM Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 02:36 PM
Hello Noel,

This is the perfect Christmas song!
Appropriate lyrics, beautiful music and vocals (yes, nice chorus!).
We could imagine John Lennon singing it.
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 03:51 PM
Love the chord changes and the melody of this, so nice, not to mention the lyrics. enjoyed.

Kenny
Posted By: ROG Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 03:52 PM
Hi Noel.

A beautiful song with admirable sentiments.

The cello solo was perfect.

Great production and mix.

ROG.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/29/15 06:43 PM
Well done again sir.

nice song and great voice as usual.

I like the real tracks you choose.

Sergio
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 05:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Wow Noel, not only have you stepped up production but you are also maintaining your normal well thought out lyrics, melody and production.

IMO, your lyrics match well with John Lennon's Imagine and it's easy to imagine this doing quite well commercially recorded by a major artist.

Because of the arrangement and your slight accent, I also could hear this with Barry Gibb doing the honors. That would be a nice birthday tribute to the late Mr. Lennon.

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for taking time to have a listen. I enjoyed putting this one together. What BIAB makes possible these days is just brilliant! It's such an amazing tool.

Thanks for the visit,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 07:57 AM
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Very nice Noel. It's refreshing to hear a song about peace. There used to be a lot of them.

Enjoyed it.

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob,

Good to see you. There have been some fantastic songs written about peace. Some of them have really made a difference, too. As a theme, I sure it will be recycled again one of these days - most things seem to come and go like a merry-go-round.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: SRP Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 11:55 AM
I agree with all the comments that everyone else have submitted. To me, your harmony at bars 56 and 57 sounds very much like the Beatles harmony on "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". I had noticed that in another song that you did. You do a superb job on everything that you write.
Sonny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 02:58 PM
A very nice write, Noel. It has the feel of a classic "group sing" type song..."We Are The World"..."I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing"... the melody goes to all the right places for that...

The background voices are a nice touch. The drums are especially nice, too.

By my third listen, I could hear the world singing along...

floyd
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Nice Noel
I really like the use of non-even bar numbers. It introduces an interesting level of anticipation.
Yes the Miroslav Philharmonik really provides a fantastic dynamic, rich and full.
Did I notice a choir sound in the background too? It worked perfectly.
Top job.

Thanks, Trevor.

I've always been impressed with David Cuny and his arrangements using Miroslav. So when the software was $49 recently, I purchased it. Talk about a bargain! The sounds are amazing. The choir comes from this software. I used the 'Female Ah' sound and wrote a couple of small sections of 2-part harmony. I wasn't sure how it would work but it seems to have done the job.

Also, part of the "anticipation" you feel with the 9th bar in some sections is certainly due to the odd number of bars (although 9-bars per section was not unusual in Bach's day), it's probably also enhanced by the fact that the 9th bar is 2/4. I've heard the song so many times now that I can no longer feel this sort of movement. Your comment gave me an insight and I appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/30/15 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Noel,

very uplifting song! Like your lyrics and
delivery. I especially like the part where the
choir comes in.
I enjoyed my listens a lot.

Guenter

Hi Guenter,

Thank you for visiting, listening and commenting. The choir and church bell were late additions to the arrangement. My main reason for adding the Miroslav Philharmonik vocal sound was because I couldn't get my own vocal harmony to work effectively and I really wanted to use voices to lift the last section of the arrangement. When I wrote a couple of simple midi counter-melodies and channeled them through the Miroslav plugin, it sounded good so I left it.

Thanks again for taking the time...

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: gibson Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 04:49 AM
Noel,
I can think of nothing much to add to the other comments except to say having watched the video a few times that the presence of Bar 13 initially threw me and I thought that as this song would fit as "the last dance" type of song this would not make dancing easy, but then I am no Astaire. The 2/4 bar seemed to work better before the chorus.

I also thought the song would sound great with just a solo acoustic guitar, no other instruments, in verses 1 and 2. Then a build up.

Up to your normal standards grin

Alyn
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:26 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, If everyone had your attitude the world would be a much better place. I am beginning to think that you never get depressed. I like the unusual chord progression and the unusual rhyme scheme. (at least to me anyway) The dropping of the drums except the snare during the cello solo was inspired arranging. And what a big big overall sound! The choir sounded great-money well spent. You keep moving forward in your singing, writing, arranging and production. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next. Excellence lives here. Bravo! Tom

Hey Tom,

hmm.... I suspect that 'me' in real-life and 'me' in my songs might be two different people! ... LOL ... I'll keep that just between you and me, though. Thanks for passing through. I always look forward to reading how you hear my work and I appreciate the insight you give me.

In relation to the chord progression, I wanted to use the flat seven chord.... I, bVII, V7.... (in this song that's G F D7). It's a chord that I picked up from Jai Josef's book "Writing Music for Hit Songs". Once I became aware of it, I realised that I'd heard it a number of times over the years but never appreciated what it was.

I'm glad the choir worked for you because I was in two minds about using it! Onto the next song now.... (I've already got the loop happening!)

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:28 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hello Noel,

This is the perfect Christmas song!
Appropriate lyrics, beautiful music and vocals (yes, nice chorus!).
We could imagine John Lennon singing it.
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thank you for your uplifting thoughts. Thanks for the idea about Christmas, too. That wasn't something that occurred to me as I wrote it. I appreciate the visit.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:29 AM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Love the chord changes and the melody of this, so nice, not to mention the lyrics. enjoyed.

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:32 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Noel.

A beautiful song with admirable sentiments.

The cello solo was perfect.

Great production and mix.

ROG.

Hey ROG,

It's good to see you. Thanks for the comments. I agree about the Cello. I reckon this is one of the best Realtracks around. It always boosts the emotional content of any arrangement. floyd has used it a few times and it always mesmerises me whenever he does.

Must be time for another song from you!

Thanks again,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Well done again sir.

Thanks, Rob. Appreciate the thumbs up.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

nice song and great voice as usual.

I like the real tracks you choose.

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for giving "Can You Imagine" a listen. I appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:40 AM
Originally Posted By: SRP
I agree with all the comments that everyone else have submitted. To me, your harmony at bars 56 and 57 sounds very much like the Beatles harmony on "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". I had noticed that in another song that you did. You do a superb job on everything that you write.
Sonny

Hi Sonny,

Thanks for listening and commenting. In case you're interested... I used the sus4 as the harmony note. The chord progression goes A7sus to D7... all I did was use the note "D" to harmonise with the melody on B- and A-notes. This meant that the harmony started as a 3rd above the melody and then became a 4th above.

Thanks again for dropping by.
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 06:42 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A very nice write, Noel. It has the feel of a classic "group sing" type song..."We Are The World"..."I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing"... the melody goes to all the right places for that...

The background voices are a nice touch. The drums are especially nice, too.

By my third listen, I could hear the world singing along...

floyd

Thanks, floyd. Appreciate the comments.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 10:15 AM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Noel,
I can think of nothing much to add to the other comments except to say having watched the video a few times that the presence of Bar 13 initially threw me and I thought that as this song would fit as "the last dance" type of song this would not make dancing easy, but then I am no Astaire. The 2/4 bar seemed to work better before the chorus.

I also thought the song would sound great with just a solo acoustic guitar, no other instruments, in verses 1 and 2. Then a build up.

Up to your normal standards grin

Alyn

Hi Alyn,

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate the thoughts. The solo guitar could certainly work well. It's not something that occurred to me.

The reason I experimented with 2/4 bars was because I wanted to throw things out of balance a little because of the topic material. The tug of war between balanced lyrics and music and not balanced lyrics and music is an effective way to enhance emotional intensity. That being said, though, it's also very easy to overdo it. I might have overdone it. The thing is that I'm so familiar with the song now that it sounds normal. When I revisit it in a couple of months, and it's no longer fresh in my memory, I'll listen with your thoughts in mind. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your suggestions.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 05:10 PM
Wonderful song!! I read others responses out of curiosity, and found many reflected my own thoughts. The first thing that struck me was the big drum sound. And then the melody/lyrics began and I immediately made the "Imagine" connection. Then, I found myself thinking that the inspirational tone and celebratory nature would make this a great Christmas song. There is an amazing similarity of thought among many members of this forum. It is my place to hide out from the world. This is fantastic on every level (song, arrangement, vocal, and mix). Great job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 10/31/15 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful song!! I read others responses out of curiosity, and found many reflected my own thoughts. The first thing that struck me was the big drum sound. And then the melody/lyrics began and I immediately made the "Imagine" connection. Then, I found myself thinking that the inspirational tone and celebratory nature would make this a great Christmas song. There is an amazing similarity of thought among many members of this forum. It is my place to hide out from the world. This is fantastic on every level (song, arrangement, vocal, and mix). Great job!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. I greatly appreciate your thoughts. I think my face will be smiling for a long time yet! Now if only I had your ability with words...

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/01/15 12:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Thanks, Greg. I greatly appreciate your thoughts. I think my face will be smiling for a long time yet! Now if only I had your ability with words...

All the best,
Noel

Don't worry Noel, you do just fine with the words!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/01/15 01:37 PM
Everything that I wanted to say already has been said. All I can add is that this was super. I loved that dynamic change at measure 41, that sounded so good!

Great song!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/02/15 09:21 AM
Thanks, Greg.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/02/15 09:25 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Everything that I wanted to say already has been said. All I can add is that this was super. I loved that dynamic change at measure 41, that sounded so good!

Great song!

Hi Mario,

Thanks for passing through the thread, having a listen and commenting. Appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/03/15 08:00 PM
"Can you imagine the power and strength
Everyone singing the same song"

I can't imagine a world w/o music and your lyric
further reinforces our feelings that we are connected
by music.

As we listened we thought of the Glen Cambell
film "I'll be me" that we recently watched. Alzheimer's
robbed him of everything but music. There's
something universal about music that's bigger than
we are...and your song says this.

This was a wonderful write and production and
we very much enjoyed it. Here's hoping the imagery
of the above verse will be realized some day.

Kudos!!!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/05/15 07:18 AM
Seemed to have missed this while I was on holidays. Just want to agree with all the comments - and say a very well done composition (liked the accent).
Posted By: cklester Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/06/15 01:22 AM
I'm so impressed with the quality of songs around here! And this song is no exception. When it first started, I thought, "I hope this guy puts out a Christmas album!" Apparently, I'm not the only one!

I really enjoyed this song, especially the spirit of it. And it sounded perfect. I have no issues with it. :-D

I look forward to hearing more of your stuff!!!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/08/15 01:26 AM
What a great anthem for peace Noel. Loved the way the song builds and the "rings" between the ending tags was such a cool touch.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/08/15 05:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Can you imagine the power and strength
Everyone singing the same song"

I can't imagine a world w/o music and your lyric
further reinforces our feelings that we are connected
by music.

As we listened we thought of the Glen Cambell
film "I'll be me" that we recently watched. Alzheimer's
robbed him of everything but music. There's
something universal about music that's bigger than
we are...and your song says this.

This was a wonderful write and production and
we very much enjoyed it. Here's hoping the imagery
of the above verse will be realized some day.

Kudos!!!

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud,

Always good to see you both. Apologies for my late reply, the real world had stuff for me to do for a bit.

I totally agree with you about music. There is something that's universal about it and it seems to provide some kind of brain food that nothing else does. There's no other explanation as to why its popularity spans generations and cultures. I've read a couple of books on speed learning and Baroque adagio movements have been shown to be memory enhancers - especially when learning a language.

In the 70s, I once played keyboards as part of a small group who gave a concert for folk at a home for the elderly with dementia and alzheimers. As soon we began to play some songs from the first and second world wars, 90% of the residents started singing and some even had tears in their eyes. There were memories still there and somehow music was the key to unlocking them.

There's much still learn about the effect of music on the human psyche.

Hmmm.... I'd better jump down from the soapbox smile Thanks again for dropping in and having a listen. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/08/15 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Seemed to have missed this while I was on holidays. Just want to agree with all the comments - and say a very well done composition (liked the accent).

Hi Peter,

Thanks. I appreciate the visit and the vote of confidence. I notice that your accent is of the same sophisticated strain as mine. Nice smile

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/08/15 05:29 AM
Originally Posted By: cklester
I'm so impressed with the quality of songs around here! And this song is no exception. When it first started, I thought, "I hope this guy puts out a Christmas album!" Apparently, I'm not the only one!

I really enjoyed this song, especially the spirit of it. And it sounded perfect. I have no issues with it. :-D

I look forward to hearing more of your stuff!!!

Hi ck,

Thanks for jumping in and having a listen. I appreciate your comments. I agree with you, too. There are some incredibly talented people in this forum. I've learnt heaps over the years from listening to their work. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it hadn't been for many in Users Showcase. Those who have been around a while and remember my early posts in the Off Topic forum (before Users Showcase existed) will know what I mean when I say that this forum has really helped me grow as a songwriter and performer.

Welcome to the forum.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/08/15 05:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
What a great anthem for peace Noel. Loved the way the song builds and the "rings" between the ending tags was such a cool touch.

Hi Josie,

Thanks for taking the time... it's always good to hear from you.

Hope all is travelling along well for you as your hemisphere heads into winter.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: DEddy Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/10/15 07:22 PM
Wow, what a song. Loved the lyrics, really loved the chord progression, the choir. Perfect.

DE
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/15/15 07:10 AM
Originally Posted By: DEddy
Wow, what a song. Loved the lyrics, really loved the chord progression, the choir. Perfect.

DE

DE,

I'm sincerely sorry. It slipped by me that you'd commented on my song. Life has been a bit hectic for me and I haven't been as attentive to the forum as I should have been. Thank you for taking time to have a listen. I very much appreciate it and I equally appreciate the positive feedback.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I tried sending you a private message but was not successful.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/15/15 11:24 AM
Hi, Noel !

this is really absolutely
superb ! I like everything
about it and beside your lovely
harmonies those superb background
singers !!!:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: dcuny Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/16/15 02:45 AM
I'm sorry I didn't comment on this the first time around, so I'm glad it's stuck on the charts.

Superb all around, but especially the rhyme structure. It's got all the marks of the top-flight work you do.

And yes - Miroslav really is a nice library. I remember when it first came out, some time ago - I figured that this sort of library was forever out of my price range. It's amazing what tools are available these days.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/16/15 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Noel !

this is really absolutely
superb ! I like everything
about it and beside your lovely
harmonies those superb background
singers !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

Hey Dani,

It's ALWAYS excellent to see you visit the forum. Thanks for taking time to give "Can You Imagine" a run through. I'm glad you like those background singers, they're Miroslav Philharmonik midi. It's truly amazing what electronics make possible these days!

Thinking of you as you head into winter. You'll be able to walk/skate between islands again soon. I honestly cannot imagine weather so cold that the sea freezes. 'Cold' for me is somewhere around +10 Celsius smile

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/16/15 01:13 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I'm sorry I didn't comment on this the first time around, so I'm glad it's stuck on the charts.

Superb all around, but especially the rhyme structure. It's got all the marks of the top-flight work you do.

And yes - Miroslav really is a nice library. I remember when it first came out, some time ago - I figured that this sort of library was forever out of my price range. It's amazing what tools are available these days.

Hi David,

Thanks for dropping in and commenting.

You were the person who introduced me to Miroslav a few years ago through one of your compositions. I can't remember the name of the music now (ageing brain issue) but your arrangement used one of the most beautiful oboe sounds that I'd ever heard. Since then, I've been looking at getting Miroslav. When the price fell to $49, I couldn't let it pass.

Hope all is travelling well for you and your family.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: dcuny Re: Can You Imagine? (with BIAB video) - 11/16/15 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
You were the person who introduced me to Miroslav a few years ago through one of your compositions. I can't remember the name of the music now (ageing brain issue) but your arrangement used one of the most beautiful oboe sounds that I'd ever heard. Since then, I've been looking at getting Miroslav. When the price fell to $49, I couldn't let it pass.

I've always loved the sound of the oboe. IMHO, it was the best sound of the EMU Orchestral Module. When I finally scraped enough money together for a used Roland S-50, the EMU oboe was the first instrument I sampled.

But I suspect that the oboe you heard came from the Garritan Personal Orchestra, which has some really nice woodwinds in it. I love the GPO flute as well.

Not that the Miroslav oboe isn't nice as well.

I'm really hoping PG puts out some ooh and aah RealTracks in the next release. The samples in most libraries (including Miroslav) aren't very "pop", and I'm too darned lazy to record them myself.

Quote:
Hope all is travelling well for you and your family.

Thanks for asking, yes. I've been busy with the family (mostly music stuff) and trying to learn some new instruments. I miss being away from the forum, but hope to find more time next year.

I hope things are going well for you also!
© PG Music Forums