PG Music Home
Posted By: Mr White Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 11:40 AM
Hi,
I haven't been here in a long time. I've been using biab since the Atari ST and DOS I think. I started using it again this year to practice and jam with. I use simple styles and progressions to play over. I did this last night.

I'm playing a Telecaster into a Mustang 1 amp, plugged into a simple mixer. The guitar effects all come from the amp.

I used BIAB and Powertracks for the recording. Both from 2009.
Any other info please ask. I'm hoping to meet people here again and exchange ideas and make friends. Peace.

I hope you enjoy this.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/8086734/dirty-fingers
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 01:32 PM

Hello,

Great guitar, very clean.
Which effects did you used in detail?

I play a Telecaster American standard too.
I think it gots a great sound.

Sergio
Posted By: SRP Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 01:55 PM
Welcome back,
I have always enjoyed the Telecaster and your playing has just reinforced that enjoyment. Great playing and sound! I hope to hear more from you. You have a wonderful talent!
Sonny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 05:05 PM
Mr. White...

Welcome to the Showcase!

Stunning guitar work! Awesome tone. I think it may have been Bud who once said..."If I could play guitar like that, I'd never get anything else done.."

It would be nice if the drums and bass were mixed in to be more a part of things..

Spectacular! Looking forward to more...

floyd
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 06:11 PM
Welcome!! I don't think I've heard anything from you before. Man, you make that axe sing. I agree with Floyd that the bass/drums could come up some. This would be excellent film score music. Enjoyed very much!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Mr White Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 07:36 PM
Hi, Thanks.

I go straight into my Mustang 1 amp. I use the 65 Deluxe Reverb amp model. First is compressor, then ducking delay and then reverb.

I got this amp after losing my equipment in a flood back in 2011. I didn't have the money to buy effects pedals again, plus I moved to an apartment where I could no long play at any kind of loud volume. I edit the patches on my PC using Fender Fuse software connected by usb.
Posted By: Mr White Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 07:40 PM
I realized after I mixed it and posted it, the bass and drums were too low. I got lazy and wanted to post it quickly. Next time i'm going to make sure there's a better balance.
I have a couple of old tracks I did that I pulled off some old tapes. They have a better example of BIAB too.
Thanks again. It's nice to feel welcomed.
Posted By: Mr White Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 07:43 PM
I had stuff here years ago. I can't log into my old accounts due to lost email accounts. I think they were "Redguitars" and "Blueslogic".
I'll be posting more soon. Probably an old blues track with vocals. Thanks again.
Posted By: Mr White Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/07/15 07:47 PM
I just remembered, my Telecaster is stock except for Joe Barden pickups. I forget about them because I installed them when I got the guitar back in 1988,
I love that it still sounds like a Telecaster. A lot of replacement pickups lose that Tele bite. Not these.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/08/15 09:42 AM
Nice licks. It's good to hear someone play with a smooth confident approach.

Nice guitar tone. But yeah, you already know it, the mix is too "guitar heavy".... As guitarist it's all too easy to crank the guitar in the mix, but just contemplate the overall mix and ask what's best for the song.

I like to play without effects too, for the most part. plug into a good tube amp and crank it up. That's all you really need. You don't need no stinking effects. Well, maybe just a touch of reverb but who really considers that an effect anyhow when talking about guitar?
Posted By: tommyad Re: Dirty Fingers - 11/08/15 10:05 AM
You sure do know your way around a fretboard! Excellent playing. More bass and drums. I enjoyed it. Tom
© PG Music Forums