PG Music Home
Posted By: Beagle "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 12:11 PM
Love Is Silent by Scandalous Grace

Sean Peifer: Music and Lyrics, Lead Vocals, Acoustic and Electric Rhythm Guitars, Lead Guitar Solos 1, 2 & 4
Mike Hansen: Electric Rhythm Guitars, Bass Guitar, Lead Guitar Solo 3, BG Vocals
Reece Bain: Keyboards, Drum Programming, BG Vocals
Andrew Peifer: "Expressions of something" (vocalizations)

Mixed by Sean Peifer
Co-Produced by Sean Peifer, Reece Bain and Mike Hansen
© 2015 Scandalous Grace

There are no Band-in-a-Box tracks on this final release. I assume it's OK to post user showcase songs here without BIAB tracks because in the rules, it says, "If Band-in-a-Box or RealBand have been used, please provide information as to which styles or RealTracks were used.
at times, Scandalous Grace will BIAB is used as a project "demo" for us to share with each other a basic template with which we can use to create our own recorded tracks for the final production, but we don't always leave Real Tracks in the final release.

BIAB and RB might both be used during the "building" phase of the song and if we use them, tracks would be exported from Real Band into Sonar where our final production will be completed. All 3 of us use Sonar for importing any midi tracks or real tracks for demos, then we'll use Sonar for recording our own tracks against those demo tracks and we'll mix in sonar.

We hope this is OK and we hope you enjoy our song! If this is not OK, feel free to have a moderator delete this thread and we'll not post songs here again which don't explicitly use BIAB or RB tracks in the final production.

Here is a little backstory on this particular song from the writer and lead singer of this song by SG:
-----------------------
I wrote this song to my son Andrew a few years ago. He is severely affected by autism and is unable to speak. (But he does make a lot of vocalizations. You will hear Andrew's voice in the recording. He did a great job .)

Mike and Reece graciously agreed to record the song, and they each deserve a lot of the credit for helping it to turn out as well as it did, providing not only excellent tracks, but also technical advice for things that I didn't know how to do.

We sincerely hope that everyone who listens enjoys the song. As always we appreciate comments on the mix. Thanks. -Sean Peifer

Thank you in advance for listening,
Reece aka "Beagle"
Posted By: sixchannel Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Beagle

There are no Band-in-a-Box tracks on this final release.

We hope this is OK and we hope you enjoy our song! If this is not OK, feel free to have a moderator delete this thread and we'll not post songs here again which don't explicitly use BIAB or RB tracks in the final production.

Thanks. -Sean Peifer

So - nothing to do with PGMusic, BB or RB then!!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel

Thanks. -Sean Peifer

No, it does have something to do with PGMusic, BB and RB, you cut that part out.

but feel free to have the thread moderated and deleted if you feel it's inappropriate.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 01:12 PM
Sean,

Welcome to the Showcase! (obviously you have been a BIAB user for a long time).

What a heart-felt song! In both the writing and the singing (would have liked a lyric to follow along).

A nice build to the arrangement. The solos are nicely done.

Nice mix. A good "worship" type feel to the whole thing.

A good listen. Really enjoyed Andrew's contributions...

floyd
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Sean,

Welcome to the Showcase! (obviously you have been a BIAB user for a long time).

What a heart-felt song! In both the writing and the singing (would have liked a lyric to follow along).

A nice build to the arrangement. The solos are nicely done.

Nice mix. A good "worship" type feel to the whole thing.

A good listen. Really enjoyed Andrew's contributions...

floyd

thank you Floyd! Sean, Mike and I appreciate it very much (I'm actually Reece, tho, but I see where my post might have been confusing, so I edited it to try to make it clearer).

Very glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 04:37 PM
Hi

Thanks. -Sean Peifer

No, it does have something to do with PGMusic, BB and RB, you cut that part out.

but feel free to have the thread moderated and deleted if you feel it's inappropriate.

OK then - which bit?
I cut out a lot of your text cos it was meaningless and kept, I felt, the essence I.e. NO BAND IN A BOX TRACKS.
Tell us specifically what it has in it that is PG, BB or RB and I might review my opinion.
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 04:51 PM
Hi

Thanks. -Sean Peifer

OK then - which bit?
I cut out a lot of your text cos it was meaningless and kept, I felt, the essence I.e. NO BAND IN A BOX TRACKS.
Tell us specifically what it has in it that is PG, BB or RB and I might review my opinion.

well I am sorry you feel that the part you cut out was meaningless, and since you do feel it was meaningless then there's no point in my repeating it because that's where it explains how BIAB and RB were used.

Again, I apologize to you or anyone who feels I posted this in the User forum and shouldn't have.

Also again, please feel free to have it deleted by a moderator and I will refrain from ever posting here again.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 05:01 PM
Hi Reece,

You've been around quite some time... it's good to see that you've found the Users Showcase forum smile

Your son must have been really delighted to have a song inspired by him. Having an autistic child can be a very demanding challenge. From what I've seen, though, it can also be a very satisfying challenge. Thank you for sharing your song's story.

I really enjoyed listening to your composition. There's no need that you should feel that you have to justify creating this with PG Music products. Your post count shows that you've been a supporter of PG Music forums longer than I have! Ultimately, PG Music staff will determine if the song belongs here or not - and that's true for all of us who use the forum. I agree with floyd, "What a heartfelt song!"

All the best,
Noel

Posted By: sixchannel Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 06:29 PM
Maybe I'm just an Old Humbug!!! whistle
So it's Reece and not Sean. Either way, this is a nice write, recording, arrangement and mix. A solid rock tune..

Enjoyed my listen and the back story. Hope to hear from you guys again soon.
Posted By: SRP Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 08:02 PM
Hi Sean,
Thanks for sharing your song. I have friends who have children with autism and I have seen the love and also the challenges that the parents and children go through
on a daily basis. I do hope and pray that someday autism will be a thing of the past, but for now I will keep you and Andrew in my prayers.
Your song was well produced and you can be proud of what all of you (Andrew included) have accomplished.
Sonny

Let me inform you in a kind and gentle manner. If you took the time to watch my testimonial, you saw and heard where I mentioned a buddy who was using BiaB.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php?t=24

That's the link. In the first 60 seconds I mention my buddy. It just so happens that I was referring to Reece, aka Beagle. He is that buddy who turned me on to BiaB many, many years ago.

As far as I am concerned, (in an un-official kind of way) any Biab user is welcome to post songs here that may or may not contain BiaB tracks. He did mention of course that BiaB is often used, as I do too, in the initial creation of the song..... in the song writing process.

On the other hand.... someone who is coming here simply to promote their song, which does not contain BB or RB tracks and they have never been a PG customer, because they think this is just any old music site....well, yeah, I do take exception to that and I report those folks as the spammers they rightly are.

Reece is certainly NOT in that category and has been a PG customer longer than I have been.

I assume you didn't know this.... but now you do. Reece is one of our own.
Posted By: boehm Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/07/15 09:52 PM
Hi Reece,

welcome to the showcase!
Let me quote Charlie:
"A solid rock tune..
Enjoyed my listen and the back story. Hope to hear from you guys again soon."

Guenter
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Reece,

You've been around quite some time... it's good to see that you've found the Users Showcase forum smile

Your son must have been really delighted to have a song inspired by him. Having an autistic child can be a very demanding challenge. From what I've seen, though, it can also be a very satisfying challenge. Thank you for sharing your song's story.

I really enjoyed listening to your composition. There's no need that you should feel that you have to justify creating this with PG Music products. Your post count shows that you've been a supporter of PG Music forums longer than I have! Ultimately, PG Music staff will determine if the song belongs here or not - and that's true for all of us who use the forum. I agree with floyd, "What a heartfelt song!"

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel! I remember talking with you before when I used to hang out here more. I am hoping to hang out more again. I just got my BIAB 2016 hard drive last night and installed it!

thanks so much for the kind words, but there's a little confusion apparently, my name is Reece, I'm one of three guys in this "virtual band." Sean is the lead singer of THIS song and he wrote it and his boy, Andrew is autistic. I played keys, sang BGVs, programmed the drums and helped him with production and mixing. Mike is the other guy of our trio and he played some of the guitars and sang and also helped with the production and mixing.

anyway, thanks again for the great comments I will make sure Sean hears/reads your comments. I appreciate your support and look forward to chatting more soon!
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 04:25 PM
Excellent tune. Loved the vocal and lyric. I can see how BIAB would be an excellent tool for getting basics of the out to the rest of the band.
Posted By: DIOECHOOTO Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 05:50 PM
" I assume it's OK to post"

You should assume, and safely so!
As you noted, there is simply no alternative to the implication of the word 'IF' in that statement, but that there will be legitimate (iow, allowed) posts (yes, by PG CUSTOMERS) where BIAB or RealBand have NOT been used.

If PGMusic had different intentions, they would have changed that statement by now. But, that would be a bizarre choice...show me a comparable forum where dear CUSTOMERS would be so prohibited.

My workaround: if any feathers remain ruffled, just render your tune through a PG Music EQ plugin (if it's perfect now, just breathe on one of the "knobs") ...problem solved! cool
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
So it's Reece and not Sean. Either way, this is a nice write, recording, arrangement and mix. A solid rock tune..

Enjoyed my listen and the back story. Hope to hear from you guys again soon.

Thank you Charlie! Yes, I'm one of "the band" and Sean actually wrote THIS tune about for his son.

we'll definitely be posting more! thanks again!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: SRP
Hi Sean,
Thanks for sharing your song. I have friends who have children with autism and I have seen the love and also the challenges that the parents and children go through
on a daily basis. I do hope and pray that someday autism will be a thing of the past, but for now I will keep you and Andrew in my prayers.
Your song was well produced and you can be proud of what all of you (Andrew included) have accomplished.
Sonny

Thank you Sonny! I'm actually Reece, but that's OK!
yes, my life has been touched by autistic children as well and I hope one day they will eradicate autism and cancer too!

thanks for your kind words about our production and song! and thanks for the prayers! Andrew, Sean and everyone who love them appreciate it!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/08/15 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Let me inform you in a kind and gentle manner. If you took the time to watch my testimonial, you saw and heard where I mentioned a buddy who was using BiaB.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php?t=24

That's the link. In the first 60 seconds I mention my buddy. It just so happens that I was referring to Reece, aka Beagle. He is that buddy who turned me on to BiaB many, many years ago.

As far as I am concerned, (in an un-official kind of way) any Biab user is welcome to post songs here that may or may not contain BiaB tracks. He did mention of course that BiaB is often used, as I do too, in the initial creation of the song..... in the song writing process.

On the other hand.... someone who is coming here simply to promote their song, which does not contain BB or RB tracks and they have never been a PG customer, because they think this is just any old music site....well, yeah, I do take exception to that and I report those folks as the spammers they rightly are.

Reece is certainly NOT in that category and has been a PG customer longer than I have been.

I assume you didn't know this.... but now you do. Reece is one of our own.

thanks Herb! Actually, I ran across your video the other day and when you said that a friend had turned you onto BIAB, I remembered that was me! smile

thanks for the support my friend!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/09/15 10:40 PM
Reece,

Really nice song. Well done. Love it! I'm sure Sean's son appreciates and enjoys it.

Steve
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/10/15 10:17 AM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Reece,

welcome to the showcase!
Let me quote Charlie:
"A solid rock tune..
Enjoyed my listen and the back story. Hope to hear from you guys again soon."

Guenter

fantastic, beohm! thanks for the listen and the great comments!

we will definitely be sharing more in the future!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/10/15 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Excellent tune. Loved the vocal and lyric. I can see how BIAB would be an excellent tool for getting basics of the out to the rest of the band.

thank you Scott! we appreciate the listen and the great comments!

yes, BIAB and RB both have been great tools for me to use for writing the songs, getting a demo created and using for backing as I play and sing to create the final! I love it!

I look forward to using 2016 on my newest creation!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/10/15 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: DIOECHOOTO
" I assume it's OK to post"

You should assume, and safely so!
As you noted, there is simply no alternative to the implication of the word 'IF' in that statement, but that there will be legitimate (iow, allowed) posts (yes, by PG CUSTOMERS) where BIAB or RealBand have NOT been used.

If PGMusic had different intentions, they would have changed that statement by now. But, that would be a bizarre choice...show me a comparable forum where dear CUSTOMERS would be so prohibited.

My workaround: if any feathers remain ruffled, just render your tune through a PG Music EQ plugin (if it's perfect now, just breathe on one of the "knobs") ...problem solved! cool

thank you so much! great tip! I will definitely remember that!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/10/15 10:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Reece,

Really nice song. Well done. Love it! I'm sure Sean's son appreciates and enjoys it.

Steve

Thanks so much Steve! I appreciate the great comments and I know Sean appreciates it as well for his son!

wow! you're in canyon lake! several years ago my wife and I used to drive from Ft. Worth to San Marcos every weekend because our special needs son was in an inpatient program there! man that was a long drive every week!
Good tune, good energy, good production!! Has that nice 70's rock feel. Vocals remind me a bit of Queen. Enjoyed the listen! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/12/15 10:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Good tune, good energy, good production!! Has that nice 70's rock feel. Vocals remind me a bit of Queen. Enjoyed the listen! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg! Sean's voice is usually associated with Dennis DeYoung (Styx) but I'm sure he'll take Freddy too!

thanks for the listen and great commentS!
I like the tune and for one user certainly see the use of BIAB as a composing tool, I do it every day.

Also, I find that the use of certain BIAB tracks as a "bed" over which you lay your own tracks (even if Real Tracks are low in the mix) help render a sonic warmth and pocket to the sound you would not otherwise get--especially drums and bass.

But, great song! I really liked it!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/13/15 01:22 AM
Reece,
Very well done. Strong vocal performance. Thanks for bending the rules and sharing this rocker with us.

SD
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/13/15 01:44 AM
HI Reece ...

we have a grandchild with a mild form of autism. We surely can relate to this song. The tracks are well-mixed and the balance is just right. Loved the strong vocals and the message, as well.

As far as the discussion on the appropriateness, this is our position:

People who have been dedicated members of the site and have been kind enough offered help and support to others regarding BIAB issues have earned the right to post here, regardless. But, that's just our take ... certainly not official from the PG Music folks.

What we do, if we've created song with a different software ... and we occasionally do ... we just add at least one BIAB track, usually strings, organ or something similar. It can be very soft or up front. For us, that removes any question of the song's validity on the forum. In a few days, we are going to post a Christmas instrumental we wrote on other software, then finished it out with BIAB strings.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas ...

Alan & Di
Posted By: gibson Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/13/15 02:57 AM
I've listened to this a few times and am amazed at the professional sound. The mix is excellent.

A friend, Jay, is a carer and, with 3 others, looks after autistic children at school and some weekends and we,and the gang as we call them, bump into each other in strange places!
I played this, on my pad, to them in a supermarket cafe a few days ago and got quite a response!!
The gang enjoyed it laugh

Well done.

Alyn
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/15/15 10:12 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I like the tune and for one user certainly see the use of BIAB as a composing tool, I do it every day.

Also, I find that the use of certain BIAB tracks as a "bed" over which you lay your own tracks (even if Real Tracks are low in the mix) help render a sonic warmth and pocket to the sound you would not otherwise get--especially drums and bass.

But, great song! I really liked it!

Thank you David! we appreciate the suggestions, comments and especially the time to listen!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/15/15 10:13 AM
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Reece,
Very well done. Strong vocal performance. Thanks for bending the rules and sharing this rocker with us.

SD

Thanks Spacedog! we appreciate it very much!
Posted By: Beagle Re: "Love is Silent" by Scandalous Grace - 12/15/15 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: gibson
I've listened to this a few times and am amazed at the professional sound. The mix is excellent.

A friend, Jay, is a carer and, with 3 others, looks after autistic children at school and some weekends and we,and the gang as we call them, bump into each other in strange places!
I played this, on my pad, to them in a supermarket cafe a few days ago and got quite a response!!
The gang enjoyed it laugh

Well done.

Alyn

Hi Alyn - thanks so much! this is actually Sean's first mix with our group. Mike and I are pretty experienced at mixing, but Sean is not and we helped him through the process, so he will be VERY pleased to hear you say his mix sounds professional!

i'm sure he will also be pleased to hear your story about sharing it with your friend and "gang!" thanks! that means a lot!
Great rocker...everything sounded in the
pocket on our KRK's.

Nice production in all aspects.

J&B
© PG Music Forums