PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 12:50 AM
Amazing Grace - Yes, I know it's one of those that's "been done to death" many times over already (and practically all better than mine at that!). But, as it says on the page, it's for my niece who recently started learning to play the cello (hence the simplistic arrangement & notation) and this is the only song she knows so far. It's really just for her to follow along, I'm sure you get the idea....and it's a nice fit for the season, so hope you enjoy smile

The core style is the Celtic Waltz, with Even Waltz drums & bass added, plus accordion in parts, other instruments are yours truly. Here are the "fundamentals":

Style is _CTWLZPP.STY

RealTracks in song: 776:Bass, Acoustic, PopWaltz Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2366:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1815:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticSlowWaltz Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1757:Accordion, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 085
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: PopWaltzEven8
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 02:37 AM
Eddie,

I enjoyed it smile This song is a favourite of mine and I never get tired of listening to it. I bet your niece will love it!

Have happy Christmas!
Noel
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 08:34 AM
Excellent performance and arrangement. Enjoyed this a lot.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 09:47 AM
Nice, Ice.

Cello is well done.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 11:46 AM
Hello Eddy (Eddie? laugh ),

We're sure that your niece will improve her cello skills with this one! (We're glad BiaB will play this kind of instruments for us whistle)
Posted By: SRP Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 01:19 PM
Very good choice of instruments and the cello was nice. I'm sure your niece is very proud of you.
Sonny
Posted By: Icelander Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: SRP
I'm sure your niece is very proud of you.
Sonny
Well, thank you kindly for that sentiment. But honestly, considering that she was playing that song pitch perfect after barely a month of lessons (and never even touched a cello prior!), I think it's very much the other way around smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Amazing Grace - 12/21/15 04:20 PM
Beautiful relaxing listen
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Amazing Grace - 12/22/15 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nice, Ice.

Cello is well done.

Agreed!! Very sweetly done Eddie. Very much enjoyed this version. Merry Xmas!! Greg
© PG Music Forums