PG Music Home
Morning folks,

Just finished up a latin rock tune with my songwriting partner, first song built using BIAB 2016 and last song for 2015.

Here for those interested: https://soundcloud.com/blue-attitude/bad-times
Posted By: SRP Re: Bad Times (first song built with BIAB 2016) - 12/23/15 10:22 AM
Great song Dave! To me it has kind of a Santana feel to it and the vocals are superb. Good production overall (right at your guitar solo the volume got somewhat loud) but your guitar playing is fantastic! I enjoyed the listen.
Sonny
Thanks, Sonny, happy you liked it! And thanks for the comments on the production too, I am always trying to do better in the production department. I'll see if I can drop the volume down a bit during the solo.
Awesome Dave,

Great Guitar playing (and of course the singing!!!)

Loved it.

George
A good listen, Dave. Nice guitar work. Chris did a good job on the vocals.

I might be wrong, but I think what Sonny was referring to was more that the organ got louder at the solo (and it did not need to). Other than the organ, at that spot, the mix is good.

floyd
Hi Dave,

nice guitar and vocals.
Enjoyed it.

Guenter
Cool stuff!! Definitely see where Sonny's coming from with the Santana influence. Song has a great feel, and the mix/production is great. I suspect the organ getting louder at times is just the way it happens with BIAB. I have noticed that myself. You may be able to tame those louder parts with a compressor/limiter. Really nice work with this! Merry XMAS!! Greg
Excellent vocal and lyric. Guitar work and tone excellent as well
Hi Dave,

This is a great song and iced with Chris's first class singing. I notice a couple of comments about the organ. I've always found that organ track a little more challenging to work with because the volume varies significantly. I always use volume envelopes for the loud sections to tame it a bit.

A very professional sound through and through. I totally enjoyed it. You've got a great professional sound happening!

Regards,
Noel
This is a very well done song production. The vocals are perfectly matched. Great job!

Nice song.

good sound and great voice.

Sergio
Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys!

I'm offline for a bit, have house guests over Christmas. Next week I'll have another listen to that organ part, see if I can tame it a bit.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Dave,

This is a great song and iced with Chris's first class singing. I notice a couple of comments about the organ. I've always found that organ track a little more challenging to work with because the volume varies significantly. I always use volume envelopes for the loud sections to tame it a bit.

A very professional sound through and through. I totally enjoyed it. You've got a great professional sound happening!

Regards,
Noel

Yes, very professional and over the top vocalist and solo's. Enjoyed this from start to finish.
Hi Dave, great guitar playing, not to mention the vocals, superb. I agree with the organ sometimes a little loud, but overall great production.
Merry Christmas to every one.

Mike B.
Indeed, very Santana, but there is nothing wrong with that. Great job!
Fantastic work Dave, this is a really great arrangement, the mix is great, quality vocals and great guitar breaks.
Overall top job!
Thanks very much!

I did find some time in between entertaining my house guests to tweak the mix a bit on Christmas morning, mostly brought down the keys and rhythm guitar during the outro guitar solo, so thanks to everyone that pointed that out. As soon as I went back and listened to it after not hearing it for a few days it was obvious that part was too loud :P Still need to get some volume envelopes on that organ track, but that will need to wait 'till next year.
The vocal, the lead guitar, the arrangement and
the mix all worked for us. I think just a 2db drop
on the organ would nail the mix...but as is it sounds
really good on our monitors.

Nice!!

J&B
Nice playing. Creative guitar work.

Definitely has a Santana "Black Magic Woman" vibe to it, and yeah, I love some B3 too but it is a bit loud in a few places. I'd pull it back a few dB.

I like this
I liked the B3 Tracks as well - especially the Leslie speed changes . Were those Real Band Tracks or a VST Instrument from Kontakt 5?
Originally Posted By: Paul G.
I liked the B3 Tracks as well - especially the Leslie speed changes . Were those Real Band Tracks or a VST Instrument from Kontakt 5?

Hi Paul,

The Organ is a Realtrack: 671 - Organ, B3, Background Southern EV120, played by Steve Rabbai.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Bad Times (first song built with BIAB 2016) - 12/30/15 09:28 PM
Definitely Santana! Reminds us a little of their collaboration with Rob Thomas in the hit 'Smooth'.
Hi Dave ...

We loved everything about this! And yes, organs are always a challenge. The ups and downs on the volume can drive you crazy. Sometimes compression helps .. but not always.

Loved the sound and the feel. We're big fans of Latin Jazz and Latin Rock.

Props for Chris ... spot on vocals!

We enjoyed this a ton ...

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums