PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Piano and Guitar - 12/27/15 04:17 PM
Been jamming with some piano players lately and punched out this ditty in the back bedroom (opps, I mean the home studio.) crazy
Piano and Guitar
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/27/15 07:07 PM
Dan!

Good to see you over here on the "dark side" of the forum!...

So, where did all that come from.... the drums do not sound like RealDrums... the cymbal swells are nice... something a bit more subtle (one of the brush RealDrums maybe) would allow the guitar to take center stage... What piano are you using (EZ Studio Grand?)? I would add a little reverb to it to set it back some - again, to let the guitar be "the star"...

We can be quite welcoming over on this side... pull up a chair... set a spell... smile

fj
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/27/15 10:18 PM
Hi Dan

a really cool instrumental you've put together there.

I too wondered about the kit. RealDrums or RealPerson? !

Cheers
Trevor
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 12:24 AM
Hi Dan,

I'm another one who enjoyed the listen. The drum opening also grabbed me!

Good to see you on this side of the forums smile

Happy New Year!
Noel
Posted By: DrDan Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 09:52 AM
Thanks guys, this is unusual forum territory for me. However, I would like to visit and contribute more often in the future.

The drums are my first full attempt at using EZD2 exclusively. Of course we all love RD's but I wanted more control and more bang. I don't what the drums to just be backing. I want to hear them. I am happy with this first effort, but I do look forward to learning how to work them better.

The piano is a RT! I tried several Midi tracks with different VSTi (No EZKeys Studio Grand yet). But it just wasn't there.

I will keep trying because I am looking for more control which only midi will give. In the meantime the RT and RD sound better than anything I can accomplish with Midi. But that is where I am heading.

Oh, the guitar is me through the Line 6 FireHawk.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 10:25 AM
Nice instrumental. Looking forward to you visiting the User Forum and contributing more often too.

Like you, I plan to work more with midi this year so I'll be following along with you on your journey. I'm still working my way through integrating a Roland Integra 7 into my setup for my sounds to be as realistic as possible.

It's going to be another fun year, glad you may be joining us.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 01:54 PM
Nicely done!! I really like this kind of instrumental vibe. Reminds me of Bruce Cockburn. Very nice emotion in this. Enjoyed much! Happy New Year! Greg
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 02:56 PM
hi dan enjoyed very much nice and laid back thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 03:32 PM
Very nice work, love the guitar and the piano has a nice full sound; thanks for sharing!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/28/15 07:23 PM
You guy are way way too kind. But I do appreciate it. Your words encourage me to continue to dig deeper in the area of writing original material. Thanks much.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/29/15 10:48 AM
Those drums sound great! The choice of them
and the RT to complement your playing really
worked well. Look forward to hearing more.
Nice mix also!

J&B
Posted By: SRP Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/29/15 11:14 AM
Enjoyed the listen Dan!
Sonny
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Piano and Guitar - 12/29/15 11:23 AM
Nice peaceful melody.

The drums sound good. Nice quality in the samples.

Piano sounds good....

Back in the day I did a number of songs of similar fashion. I was collabing at that time with a piano player and we did quite a few tunes that were piano and guitar based. That was a fun time in my musical development and song writing.

One nit: tune the guitar to the piano more precisely.

Good stuff there. Write and record more.
© PG Music Forums