PG Music Home
Posted By: fgrittner 52 Tracks - Track 1 River Out of Eden - 01/07/16 06:41 PM
I have a new music project for 2016. I will release one original song per week and blog about each song at 52tracksblog.com. Most of the recordings will feature BIAB tracks.

On River Out of Eden, I used an arrangement and recording from 2006 that includes BIAB MIDI tracks: bass, drums, electric piano, and a string pad. David Spires added the lush pedal steel guitar. I played 12-string guitars.

Track One: River Out of Eden http://52tracksblog.com/2016/01/07/track-1-river-out-of-eden/

Happy New Year!
That's quite a challenge for your blog but you are off to a great start. The steel guitar work is sweet.

Nice song and a quality recording.
I like this.

When I first saw the OP I was thinking... wow 52 tracks in a song...

now I understand. 52 songs in a year..... noble goal and worthy of attaining.

The mix is pristine. Will done.
Very nice Fred!! My favorite of yours. The simple beat and chord progression is very meditative, and the pedal steel is super, super sweeeeeeet. Nice poetic lyrics, and excellent vocals and mix. Awesome job on this!! Take care. Greg

P.S. I think I could only last one week in the song a week challenge. Very ambitious!
Posted By: RichMac Re: 52 Tracks - Track 1 River Out of Eden - 01/08/16 05:40 PM
Magnificent Fred! Enjoyed everything about it. Looking forward to hearing more. Cheers.
Posted By: RnAM Re: 52 Tracks - Track 1 River Out of Eden - 01/08/16 09:14 PM
Fred,

This is a top-notch production all the way!
That pedal steel guitar is so very cool!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 52 Tracks - Track 1 River Out of Eden - 01/08/16 10:55 PM
Fantastic song Fred. What a great start. As mentioned, the steel guitar sits really well. Definitely looking forward to more.

hello,

very nice song, very melodic.
I like the Byrds a lot and I can feel something of them in this song.

Sergio
© PG Music Forums