PG Music Home
Just laid the scratch vocals for the song "Love Your Neighbor"

Used Biab to lay backing tracks . . .

Messed around with some production to see what was going to work and not work . . .

[Link no longer valid]

Video my wife made using the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR56YA0Yhzw&

_PMODGR+.STY

Unfortunately, there is not a solo in all of BIAB that works with it :-(

Rob Killed the final vocals . . .

Hi Even,

nice song. A little long and repetitive.
Who is Rob? I liked the outro.
I can't imagine there is no BiaB solo that fits.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter
Thanks Guenter! Blessings!

Rob is my singer and friend. He's an officer in the US Navy. He is also a Deputy Sheriff. This project is his first studio recording experience and the music that I write is letting him explore many areas that he never has as a singer. I feel blessed to have him as a singer . . . more blessed to call him a friend! :-)
Cool song!! I think it either needs to be shorter or to have a departure in the feel. "The band" sounds cool-natural feel and energy, and the vocals at the end are killer! Nice job with this! Take care. Greg
thanks Greg . . .

Blessings!
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Even,

nice song. A little long and repetitive.
Who is Rob? I liked the outro.
I can't imagine there is no BiaB solo that fits.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter

I agree about the song being a little bit too long (especially the middle part). But in general very well done!
I like the religious theming of your songs by the way.
Cool outro vocal part! The singer is taking a risk here and that's something I always very much appreciate!

Rob
Thanks Rob . . . the lead part is being worked on for the middle . . .

I jumped the gun because wife wanted it for video of us and the homeless ministry we do :-)

blessings to you
Very nice. This is a good song and well worth the extra effort to do something with the middle.

Since this is still a work in progress and there is some discussion regarding the overall length of the song, I suggest the middle where you're placing the solo can be substantially shortened without harming the essence of your song. After several listens and focusing on that section, I don't see where a solo is going to add very much to the overall build of the song. You could easily shorten it to a two bar section and find a solo phrase of that length.

It may be your issue all along in finding a suitable soloist is that the song is telling you it is unnecessary.

I hope you share your final version with us here on the forum. I enjoyed my listen a lot.
Great theme! The video helped me to understand everything that you were trying to achieve (I like visuals). Good job on all the production aspects but (like my church and most churches that do a lot praise music today) I agree that your song would do better if you shorten it. Killer vocals and I hope to hear more from you guys.
Sonny
thanks Charlie!

blessings!
thanks sonny!

blessings!
© PG Music Forums