PG Music Home
Posted By: toucher New song - 01/17/16 12:38 PM
I wrote this after my wife's ordeal with breast cancer, as a reminder that all is not lost even when it seems like it is.

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/6e6yaq

Started in BIAB then over to realband for remix etc.

Title: FPopModernGroove with Laid-Back A Section RealTracks Demo
File:YOU CAN DEPEND ON ME.MGU
Key=C , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=3:28
4 bar intro, 59 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 63. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 117 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Soloist is saved with the song : GuitarEl,SolSlow16thsEv65Blz (1541)
Style is _PMODGR3.STY (Pop Ballad w/ Synth Pad)

RealTracks in style: 1827:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1831:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGrooveBrightA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1834:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGrooveChorusA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1842:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealDrums in style: PopModernGrooveSync16^3-a:HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New song - 01/17/16 12:44 PM
Good song. Good topic.

If you use a bit of reverb on the vocal track, it will help it to sit in the mix a bit better.

I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: RnAM Re: New song - 01/17/16 02:19 PM
We are sorry to hear about your wife....
This song is very well done and heartfelt.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: SRP Re: New song - 01/17/16 08:17 PM
Hi Robert, I love your song and who you have as a friend to depend on. Sorry to hear about your wife and what both of you are going through. I have the same friend as you and He will be listening as I go to Him on you and your wife's behalf.
Sonny
Posted By: boehm Re: New song - 01/18/16 12:19 AM
Hi Robert,
Originally Posted By: SRP
I love your song and who you have as a friend to depend on. Sorry to hear about your wife and what both of you are going through.

You registered on this forum 4 Years before me. But I've
never seen a posting of yours before.
So I say welcome!
I really enjoyed this song.

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: New song - 01/18/16 09:14 AM
Beautiful song Richard. lovely vocal and lyric.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New song - 01/18/16 10:58 AM
Robert,

A very heart-felt write. Nice melody. A "believable" vocal - you sing it like you mean it.

I agree with Herb that more reverb on the vocal would let it sit in the mix a little more...

floyd
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New song - 01/18/16 05:30 PM
What a great song. While I don't know what you went through, I do feel from every aspect a small piece of it. That's hard to do and you did it so well!

God's healing is powerful.

Thank you for sharing such a personal song!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New song - 01/19/16 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

A very heart-felt write. Nice melody. A "believable" vocal - you sing it like you mean it.

I agree with Herb that more reverb on the vocal would let it sit in the mix a little more...

floyd

Plus two here!!

J&B
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:09 AM
Thanks Herb, that's what I thought, but my wife seems to hate reverb lol. Now I have another vote in my corner...
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, wife is now doing fine. I appreciate the listen.
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:12 AM
Thanks Sonny, nice to meet you....
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:14 AM
Thanks Guenter, I don't post very often these days but I still learn a lot from what I consider to be the best forum ever.....

Rob
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:18 AM
Floyd, I've always found your input to be insightful and helpful, thanks for the listen and comment.

Rob
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:20 AM
Thanks so much, Kat my wife did more going through than I did, but we are both very thankful for the way we've been blessed through it.

Rob
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:22 AM
Thanks to you both, glad to make your acquaintance.

Rob
Posted By: JeffB720 Re: New song - 01/21/16 12:46 AM
Hi Rob,

I really enjoyed that song. Heartfelt lyrics and vocal.
I especially liked how you went to the minor chord in the chorus. You don't hear that in todays music and I for one, can appreciate it.

Nice job. I like the tracks you used.

Jeff
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/21/16 11:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback Jeff. I'm a sucker for using minor chords to evoke a feeling or atmosphere. Glad you noticed.

Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New song - 01/21/16 06:28 PM
Very nicely done!! As Herb said, a little verb would smooth out the vocal and make it sit better. The song and vocal performance are heartfelt and very moving. Very much enjoyed! Keep posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/24/16 04:20 PM
Thanks for the listen and feedback Greg. I agree with the Reverb that you and others mentioned. I'll address that issue if and when I get ready to do a final mix.

Rob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New song - 01/26/16 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

floyd

We couldn't agree more.

Best to both of you.

J&B
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/29/16 12:34 AM
Thanks for the listen and feedback J&B, I appreciate you taking the time.

Rob
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: New song - 01/29/16 05:27 PM

Great song, very melodic.
Nice real tracks used.

Sergio
Posted By: Al-David Re: New song - 01/29/16 05:50 PM
Hi Robert ...

Our first time to listen to you. Beautiful and full of emotion. Great song and song. Well done!!!

My wife and I can relate. Our oldest son died of cancer in March of last year and I was diagnosed with cancer in Nov ember of last year. Chemo is brutal!!!! That's the primary reason we'v e not been around much lately.

We truly enjoyed this. A touch of reverb on your great vocal would would give it an extra dynamic that would fill in the track so nicely. Some folks tend to overuse it and that makes it sound too "artificial". But a slight touch of it can make a huge difference. Just our thoughts.

Nice having "met" you!

Alan & Di
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/30/16 12:43 PM
In response to the many suggestions to add a little reverb to the vocal track of "You Can Depend On Me" I am posting a Reverb added version and I agree its better. Thanks for the input from all of you. You can find the Reverb version here:

Still can't remember how to change the link to the song title for a shorter link. You Can Depend On Me - Reverb Mix
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/30/16 12:47 PM
Al and Di, thanks for the listen and the input, I just posted a reverb version which I agree sounds better. I'm always hesitant to use too much. I took a look at your website, nicely done, but unfortunately I couldn't get any of the music to play on my end, don't know why.

God Bless.

PS if you ever get down to Tootsies, check out my buddy David Langley.
Posted By: Al-David Re: New song - 01/31/16 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: toucher
Al and Di, thanks for the listen and the input, I just posted a reverb version which I agree sounds better. I'm always hesitant to use too much. I took a look at your website, nicely done, but unfortunately I couldn't get any of the music to play on my end, don't know why.

God Bless.

PS if you ever get down to Tootsies, check out my buddy David Langley.

For some reason, our music site doesn't like Windows 10 very much. So, if you are using a PC with Windows 10, that might be the problem. Sometimes the songs will play if you refresh the page a time or two. Gonna have to see what the problem is. Thanks for the visit, though!

Will check out the reverb post!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New song - 01/31/16 04:12 AM
Robert,

This is really well assembled... a very sincere and honest song written and arranged with careful consideration to instrumentation and mix. I enjoyed my listen a great deal.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New song - 01/31/16 08:21 AM
Such an inspirational song. My wife is a cancer survivor as well. This song will speak to a lot of people. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: toucher Re: New song - 01/31/16 11:27 AM
Thanks Sergio, I appreciate the listen and feedback.

Rob
© PG Music Forums