PG Music Home
I had created the song called "Father of Love" with a friend of mine. A while back I decided to re-create this wonderful song in "Band in a Box" I hired a person to get the exact chord structure because my chord knowledge is very limited, and I can't decipher what chords are what, so I hired another band in a box form member to do this for me that is a musician and great guy. I am not sure if he wants me to mention his name so I won't right now, unless it is ok with him. So anyhow he put the chords together from the original song and this is what we came up with. I edited it and put my own flavor of instruments in the mix. Here is the like to my song called "Father of Love" I hope you enjoy. If you would like to know the instrumentation I will get it and post it. I just pasted this song back on YouTube, so without further adue here is the link to "Father of Love" Father of Love Written by me and a friend. And for those of you who did not hear the other version of this song it is right here. I am letting you hear this version because you can make a comparison. This version is shorter than the first original. The very first original is over 7:00 long, I shortened it up for YouTube though. This one comes from the final mix. As I said earlier I could not find the master to it so I just used the original mix down to get what I have posted on YouTube Here is the link... Fathe of Love from the original mixdown.
Beautiful song, arrangement and performance.

Enjoyed this one.
trap,

your passion for singing always comes across on your videos.

the vocal in the mix might come up just a little - it is sometimes overpowered by the guitars and piano. overall, the mix is good..

5 minutes is a bit long for most people to pay attention. You might take a look at that - but that is really a writer's choice (and prerogative)...

one of your best, I think...
Hey this is a a really great song and a wonderful performance. I think whoever arranged it for you did a great job.

Just as a thought, BIAB 2016 has a motherlode of samples to study that will teach you just about every chord progression known to man. Learning the Nashville number system is also very useful and can help you in your journey. With any tune in BIAB you can ask it to display it in Nashville numbers. For almost any pop song, there are only so many chords you will generally use in any key. Let's try a basic list of chords you can use in the key of C.

C Dm7 Em7 F G Am (Am7) Bdim (Bb) C

I iim7 iiim7 IV V vim7 VII dim or b I

There are variations of these of course but 90% of pop is written using these chords and BIAB will teach you how to mix them up in its many tutorials. Find out what key your song is in by banging around with some chords, and then just know there is a 90 percent chance the other chords will be one of those! smile Verses can be any combination but choruses generally start on a iim7, IV or V and resolve to the I or end on the V (hanging or unresolved.) Again, this is a generality but it is a place to start.

If you want to see and study some songs using every possible chord available in a Key, go to Ultimate Guitar.com and look at the Chords for Your Song by Elton John and Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor. Every chord that can be used in a pop song is basically used in those two songs.

Again, great job, and have fun with BIAB and let is be your teacher!!! smile

2016 is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Great song. You have a wonderful voice.

I agree with Floyd that you put all that you have into your singing and I would have never known that without the video. Great lyrics and again you really sing with all your heart.
As Floyd also mentioned, the vocals could come up some in the mix.
Sonny
Thank you so much for taking the time to listen. I am glad that you enjoyed this. As I mentioned, I wrote this back when the passion of the Christ came out. I love it myself. The way it came out with the Band in a Box really gave the music that extra kick that it needed. Thank you again.
Thank you for your advice, dully noted Floyd. You always give such good advice. I will play around with the mix and repost the video. I think that I cut it down as much as possible. It has got a message in the song that I want people to get. The message I think is the most important part. I will make the few changes in the mix and post a link here when I get it fixed. Thanks so much Floyd....
I have been to the ultimate guitar to, I have seen a lot of things that they do. Whenever I need a background to practice a song I go there to get the chord progression. I have made some stunning backgrounds though. As far as BIAB 2016, I am going to try to get it with my taxes. I am a lower income person and would like to buy a lot of things but don't always have the money. If I can't get it with my taxes I will have to try to save $50.00 per month until I get enough for it. But, if I do get it I will use this feature that you are talking about. I use BIAB because I have carpel tunnel in my left hand that is why I can't play around with the guitar to practice. I can only make chords for about 1-2 minutes then my hand starts to numb up that is why I am so intent on creating music with BIAB. I will get the surgery someday when I have the time. I had it done on my right hand and it has done wonders.
I have been singing since I was about 1 was about 11 years old. I sang in public a lot, but after I graduated from high school that is all that I have ever wanted to do, so I got myself a recording studio, A.K.A. an 8 track "MR8 HD/CD" and I have done many songs with this wonderful machine; It makes it all come to life. I am going to change the mix as I mentioned to Floyd just to see what it does. If it comes out good I will re-post it. I have sang most of my life though, My largest 2 crowds where in L.A. and Colorado. In L.A. I sang in front of 10,000 people and in Colorado I sang in front of 4,000 people. I do love singing and have a great passion for it. Thank you for taking the time to listen, that is to all of you that have given me a listen.
Great job Trapper, this song is very much in keeping with "The Passion of the Christ". Performed well.

Kudos.

Rob
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Beautiful song, arrangement and performance.

Enjoyed this one.
+1 I enjoyed my listen. Tom
© PG Music Forums