PG Music Home
Here is my week 8 release: Not Going Down There No More

http://52tracksblog.com/2016/02/25/track-8-not-going-down-there-no-more/

HankPS1 style: #539 Pop Swing Bass, Nashville Brushes Classic Shuffle RD, #639 Resonator Background Hank Swing, #2122 Resonator Soloist Country Shuffle Rob.

I played acoustic guitar and banjo-guitar.

The RealTracks Resonator (DOBRO) background and solo parts blended well, at least to my ears.

Thanks for listening and for any comments you would like to make.

Fred
Nice tune Fred!! Well done in every way. You're almost one 6th of the way there. Very impressive task! Take care. Greg
Thanks, Greg. It will get tougher as life gets in the way...
i think I am Henry James.
Great use of the RT and really nice mix. I also like the story. Good of of this genre. Works really well. Nice job!
Another very listenable song Fred. Great effort, really good lyrics blend perfectly.
Fred
Another really good tune.I think all the instruments fit the song very well.
Fred,

Excellent write. In another age, this would be a folk classic.

Listening in phones the panning was a bit wide, I thought. (small thing - and a personal choice, I know).

The arrangement and production and vocals are all really well done.

floyd
Thanks for the comments.

Floyd, thanks for flagging the panning. My main rig is out of commission, so am having to mix on smaller speakers. I will consult the headphones.
Hi, Fred !:))

This is just great music
and so brilliantly
performed ! I liked
everything about this tune !!

Cheers
Dani
Thanks, Dani. Glad you enjoyed it.

Fred
Great Americana going there! The lyric, vocal and the shuffle groove are right in our listening wheelhouse.
A bit like Uncle Tupelo, etc.

You have a host of fine lines packed in the lyric and they are well delivered vocally.

And we always like to hear Rob show up here. He's a master Dobro picker. We've listened
to Blue Highway for 20 years.

Enjoyed it!!

J&B
Thanks, J & B! I have learned from your recordings as well as those by Floyd. Great group here.
Sounds great on my phones and I love the song. Terrific folkie Americana sound.

BTW, I thought you'd used 52 tracks and I'm thinking wow man that's a lot of tracks I gotta hear this... Then I realized you're writing 52 tracks. LOL! That's quite a goal. Good luck.
Hi Fred. This is right up my street. Wonderful vocals. Wow!
Thanks, Josie and JosieC.
© PG Music Forums