PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Shock Waves - 02/26/16 05:43 PM
Hey Songwriting Genius Peeps,

New tune called Shock Waves. Getting into a new groove where I find a chord progession I like, then just let BIAB do its thing and I sit at the piano with headphones on and mic in my face just babbling stuff until I think I hear a song. Then I hit the record button and transcribe later. smile

Used a BIAB RT bed and then added piano, strings, all kinds of studio stuff from the bag of tricks. Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs/shock-waves

Key=C , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:28
RealTracks in style: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1564:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm IslandJohn Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 1524:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushClean Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1607:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsGritty Ev16 110
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Posted By: rsdean Re: Shock Waves - 02/26/16 08:10 PM
David, this has a very cool Tom Petty vibe - very nice!

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 11:33 AM
David,

A big WOW, buddy... you are really on a creative roll!

This is an excellent rock write. Terrific story line, well told. Cinematic. Great lines all over the place!

Nice gathering of instruments. (I thought the Sprinsteen-sounding piano that comes in toward the middle should have been mix louder to carry the sound - Born-To-Run-ish).

Your vocal on this is cool.

I like it!

floyd
Posted By: boehm Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 11:54 AM
Hi David,

another good one.
I like the piano. As Floyd said it could be louder.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 03:33 PM

Thanks Bob!! I really appreciate that man!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 03:36 PM
Thanks Floyd. You guys are great friends and great listeners. I keep a spreadsheet of every comment I get on this forum by song and by track, so nothing you say goes unused.

Like, when I go back to do the final mix of this for an album release later this year, I will be reading "Floyd says turn up the piano in the beginning, track 3, ride the fader at chorus, reverb down on vox, track 10, etc."

So, I REALLY appreciate this forum and the feedback. You guys are my mixing notes!!! I can't thank you enough, seriously. All for one and one for all. There is some great stuff out there. Floyd, keep pushing us man. smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 03:38 PM
Dear Guenter:

Ditto here for what I just said to Floyd (applies to you as well!!:)
You guys are great friends and great listeners. I keep a spreadsheet of every comment I get on this forum by song and by track, so nothing you say goes unused.

Like, when I go back to do the final mix of this for an album release later this year, I will be reading "Floyd says turn up the piano in the beginning, track 3, ride the fader at chorus, reverb down on vox, track 10, etc."

So, I REALLY appreciate this forum and the feedback. You guys are my mixing notes!!! I can't thank you enough, seriously. All for one and one for all. There is some great stuff out there.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 06:25 PM
Really, really like this!! Very interesting, spontaneous feeling lyric. Arrangement is very textural and I hear a John Lennon/Bowie vibe in the vocals. Wonderful job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 07:23 PM
I agree that you're on a roll, I really loved the song before this one and this song is very catchy. If I listen a few more times I might sort out the mix in my head. It sounds a little too busy in places to me but my hearing has been damaged recently and I don't completely trust it. I do know that's very creative writing, I like it a lot, it flows well, rocks along. Wish I had something to contribute to your refining mix ideas (I do the same process). Like Greg I hear a Bowie/Lennon even a cool album cut U2 track sound but also something unique going on here.

Kenny
Posted By: Scott C Re: Shock Waves - 02/27/16 08:08 PM
Loved this tune. Excellent vocal and lyric. Awesome backtrack
Posted By: PeterF Re: Shock Waves - 02/29/16 03:27 AM
David
Good rocker - excellent set of lyrics - well written song.
© PG Music Forums