PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK The Journey - 03/03/16 12:42 AM
Yeah, I know ... I have been busy with life and still am. So, I thought I post a track here that I did not too long ago. I actually did quite a few tracks, but this one, I am fond of. It started out with the original _ATMSPH3.STY and evolved from there... tweak this, tweak that... you know how it goes.

At any rate... I thought, with this one, I give Yanni a run in the New Age genre. LOL! How successful was I? You be the judge smile

The Journey

Here's a link to SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-862614464/the-jouney

Edit: I play the lead guitar... starting somewhere in the middle of the song...

****** Song Summary *************
Title: The Journey
File:The Journey.SGU
Key=F , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=5:10
No intro. 80 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 80. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _ATMSPH3.STY (Atmosphere Chillout)

RealTracks in style: 1536:Bass, Electric, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 2365:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: PopModernGrooveSync16^1-a:Snare on 4, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Journey - 03/03/16 01:51 AM
Mike, you've further demonstrated the amazing flexibility that can be offered by this program. Really smooth delivery, cool new-age presentation. The gentle build all worked to produce a great song.

Really nice for sure.
Posted By: MikeK Re: The Journey - 03/03/16 04:32 PM
Thanks so much for the listen and nice comment, good Sir! smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Journey - 03/03/16 05:54 PM
Very sweet music!! Lead guitar is beautifully played. Mix is very nice. Liked everything about it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dani48 Re: The Journey - 03/03/16 09:06 PM
Hi, Mike !:))

Great music, Mike !
As made for film !:))
In fact very beautiful
and mighty at the same time 1
I liked it very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: The Journey - 03/04/16 07:47 PM

Great sensation of freedom and flying in this music.
Well mixed, all the parts of it goes well.

Great work.

Sergio
Posted By: MikeK Re: The Journey - 03/05/16 02:03 AM
Thanks so much, Greg, Dani and Sergio. It's amazing what you can do with BIAB. I helps your creativity to come out and for the world to hear...

You are too kind, thanks you smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Journey - 03/05/16 10:26 AM
Beautiful Mike. My kind of music. Very well done. Excellent playing and tone
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: The Journey - 03/05/16 11:26 AM
Mike,
It works for me. I like the New Age genre. I think the drum could use a bit crisper timbre and a bit louder.
SD
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Journey - 03/06/16 08:58 AM
Lovely song. Nice build and lead guitar. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted By: David Godfrey Re: The Journey - 03/08/16 05:15 PM
I just love this track. Ambient + guitar gets me through the day, and this is spot on. BB really can support all genres of music.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: The Journey - 03/08/16 06:30 PM
My word, this is Good!
Well thought out and a great mix.
Excellent
Ian
PS - my only sadness really is that BB pedal steel RTs tend to be very mundane (IMO only of course) and I think you have done an amazing job in stopping the repetitions being boring.
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Journey - 03/09/16 03:26 AM
Very ear-catching, from the first bar. Atmospheric and moody - very much a sonic journey.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: The Journey - 03/09/16 05:39 AM
Originally Posted By: MikeK

At any rate... I thought, with this one, I give Yanni a run in the New Age genre. LOL! How successful was I? You be the judge

Very successful Mike ! Songs like this inspire me to make more songs in same style, so thank u for provoding info that I can use for creating something similar.... Love the style! Makes me emotional ! Got tears in my eyes when litening to this, but that's just me with a few beers inside... crazy
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Journey - 03/09/16 10:17 AM
Beautiful lead that sits very nicely in
an excellent mix. The soundstage is
well executed and the entire production
sounds great on our monitors.

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Journey - 03/09/16 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very sweet music!! Lead guitar is beautifully played. Mix is very nice. Liked everything about it!! Take care. Greg

We agree with Greg!
Posted By: MikeK Re: The Journey - 03/12/16 01:04 AM
OMG! I didn't expect such great responses from everyone. I am very sorry to just now get back to thank you all!!! After not having a job for 9 months and finally landing one, I have been working A LOT OF HOURS (and still am, even as I write this).

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your kind feedback! I really do appreciate it MORE than you can imagine!!! I hope, I will find some time soon to listen and review to some of your awesome creations!

Humbly yous,
Posted By: MikeK Re: The Journey - 03/12/16 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Originally Posted By: MikeK

At any rate... I thought, with this one, I give Yanni a run in the New Age genre. LOL! How successful was I? You be the judge

Very successful Mike ! Songs like this inspire me to make more songs in same style, so thank u for provoding info that I can use for creating something similar.... Love the style! Makes me emotional ! Got tears in my eyes when litening to this, but that's just me with a few beers inside... crazy

This, as many other responses, made my day/week/year!!! Thanks so much, my friend!!! Having a beer now too, as I am about to wrap up work!

All, have an awesome weekend! smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Journey - 03/12/16 04:45 AM
HI Mike ...

Cool! I (Alan) posted one in this genre a couple of weeks ago. I, too, enjoyed working with that style. It's a challenge and something a little different.

We loved it! The mix is real nice and the track selection is great. we also loved the building of layers as the song progressed.

Thanks for a super listen! Best to you ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums