PG Music Home
Posted By: Even If Judgment Day . . . - 03/23/16 12:18 AM
This is a much heavier song than you have heard before from me.

I tried to sonically capture the chaos and finality of that day when every knee will bow and every tongue confess . . .

[Link no longer valid]

I replaced the rhythm guitar track using my 69 Les Paul Recorder . .

Had my brother Eric lay down some Rhythm tracks and Lead tracks . . .
Had Rob lay some Vocal tracks . .

I used style _MTL_120.STY Hvy Mtl, w/ met.bass (basically it is just bass and drums from Biab in this recording)

blessings!
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/23/16 03:33 AM
Hi Even If
I have not had the pleasure of hearing your music before. It is great to hear some new talent on the forum.
You song really woke me up. What a fantastic production. You have definitely captured the chaos that will happen on that day.
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/23/16 10:02 PM
thanks Josie! smile Be blessed!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/23/16 10:17 PM
interesting.... yup... I think you nailed the thing you were going for..... including the brittleness on the vox....and the mix. Glass shattering if it's cranked up.

I wrote a "judgement day is coming" song back in 2008..... End of the Line... it's on page 3 of my songs on my wen site.... you might enjoy it. Slightly more melodic than your song. Full frontal assault with cranked guitars... lots of twin action. I never posted that song here because IIRC, it was slightly before I started using BB.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/23/16 10:43 PM
After listening through a bunch of your songs, I have to say you have a great sound! very professional change-ups that keep the songs interesting and your vocals are distinctive... really top notch in every way! You have some really original compositions, and they flow very well, like one of those albums that all of the songs are everybody's favorite.

Your harmonies and production are also very good in my opinion... you have what I'd call a live sound, but with all the production quality of studio music.

Regarding this particular song, maybe my age predisposes me to hear it in a way that is contrary to your intent. I GET your intent, and I think you puled it off... but I've heard so much metal that was Anti-Christian that its hard for me to hear metal as a CC genre.

Your guitar work is very good, not only in terms of execution but also in terms of great use of effects... and with none of the muddiness that usually accompanies heavy use of effects.

And I especially like the fact that you seem to be pursuing your music as a ministry... good luck to that end!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 12:45 AM
Thanks Pat!

You wrote a very encouraging post . . .

It was once said, "Music is organized sound, made by man, to evoke a feeling"

The text of our Lord has many different stories and many different types of feelings to evoke . . .

I have almost completed scratch tracks for 3 albums.

I have tried to capture many different stories and feelings using: blues, metal, rock, ballads, swing, klezmer, boomchick, country, some light funk, light Jazz, waltz, folk, alternative, a Symphonic poem and an orchestra piece I have written.

Hard to find people that want to make music outside of a specific genre so it is very slow going . . .

You comment helps with the frustration smile
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 12:51 AM
I will look it up Herb! sounds very interesting!
thanks for the encouragement! smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 05:09 PM
Very well done Metal.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 05:49 PM
Wowser. Loved it well done... Excellent vocal and backtrack.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 05:49 PM
Dont get a lot of this genre on the forum. there is an obvious Guns n roses tone to this work.
Nicely done. Looking forward to hearing more.
Rob
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 06:58 PM
thanks Floyd!!! cool Blessings!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 06:58 PM
thanks Scott! smile blessings!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 06:59 PM
thanks Rob! grin Blessings!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/24/16 08:46 PM
WOW! This blew me right out of my chair! Outstanding vocals, lyrics, super backing tracks along with some fantastic guitar work.

As already been said lots of distorted guitar with effects but the song is crystal clear. Super job on the mix!

Loved the ending!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/29/16 04:57 PM
Excellent!! This is not really my genre but I certainly can appreciate the quality of the performance and the composition. Guitar work is stellar! Enjoyed it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Judgment Day . . . - 03/29/16 05:02 PM
I felt it was a little soft, and you were holding back. Maybe you could turn the Marshall Stack up a little louder, and use a Rat?

No, just kidding!!!!

Heavy head banging apocalyptic messaging there brohemus!!!

smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 08:37 PM
An outstanding presentation...

This style is about as far away from what I usually listen to as possible so I'm really under-qualified when it comes to commenting. That being said, the production and the performances are fantastic and reminded me of the energy and power of an erupting volcano. There is no doubt whatsoever that you've wholeheartedly captured exactly what you set out to accomplish.

As I said... an outstanding presentation.
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 09:20 PM
Thanks Mario! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I been is South Dakota for the last 2 weeks.
Blessings to you!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 09:21 PM
thanks so much Greg! Blessings to you!!!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 09:23 PM
Too Funny Dave!!! laugh thanks for the encouragement!!!
Blessings!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 09:24 PM
Thanks Noel! You are very kind! Blessings!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/01/16 10:23 PM
Very well done, love the guitar licks. Your vocal is spot on! superb production! Love the theme of the song; and though I am not a big fan of the metal genre; it is awesome to see you using it to glorify God! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/02/16 04:33 AM
Thanks PGFantastic! Your comment is a motivator to me!
Blessings!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/02/16 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
An outstanding presentation...

This style is about as far away from what I usually listen to as possible so I'm really under-qualified when it comes to commenting. That being said, the production and the performances are fantastic and reminded me of the energy and power of an erupting volcano. There is no doubt whatsoever that you've wholeheartedly captured exactly what you set out to accomplish.

As I said... an outstanding presentation.

I quoted Noel's observation because I think he captured the heart and soul of what art is about, and it's worth remembering when we appraise the value of other peoples' artistry. The bottom line is this: "Did they accomplish whatever it is they set out to accomplish?" If they did, then it is a successful project, whether it appeals to our own musical sensibilities or not. It isn't necessary to like art in order to appreciate it.
Posted By: Even If Re: Judgment Day . . . - 04/02/16 08:22 PM
I agree Pat! smile Blessings!
© PG Music Forums