PG Music Home
Posted By: Jeff S Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 11:01 AM
It's been awhile since I posted a song. I have really been trying to push the real tracks and create some interesting instrumentals in the rock genre. This submission follows my usual practice of creating solo guitar real tracks by custom editing multiple generated tracks. In this case I used 12 tracks of a couple different soloist that had a similar feel but not the same if that makes sense.

All guitar tracks were rendered in DI and custom simulated amps added. In some cases I edited the tracks down to the individual beat. I like to think that it sounds fairly seamless but that may just be by bias. The only added item that is not a real track is the chime at the bridge. Hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/jsting1/signed-and-delivered
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 11:56 AM
Hi Jeff,

Sounds great! Your editing sounded seamless to me, too. There's a lot of skill on display with what you've done. Impressive!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PeterF Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 05:17 PM
Jeff
Excellent sound and editing. Very inventive use of soloists nicely done.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 06:54 PM
Well put together, Jeff. Good mix.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 08:56 PM
Good rocky stuff here Jeff !!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/04/16 09:50 PM
Nice!! Great job on producing the DI tracks with custom amps man!!

smile
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/05/16 09:47 AM
Thanks for the kind reply's. I'm pretty sure I have just scratched the surface of what's possible with this program and the real tracks. Imagination is the limit.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/05/16 12:01 PM
Cool production. Glad to see the DI option put to good use!
I know this took a LOT of work and it paid off. Sounds great.

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/05/16 03:25 PM
Excellent song. Loved the guitar excellent tone and playing...
Posted By: Caloo Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/06/16 01:52 PM
A great job af concatenation Jeff. Totally achieved !
Please recall me what "DI" means, thanks.
Pascal
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/06/16 04:12 PM
DI is short for direct input. PG Music has wisely given us the dry recorded guitar signals (no added amps or effects) of most but not all the guitar real tracks. This is truly the best part of the guitar real tracks because you can add your own amp simulation and effects to the signal.I add mine in my DAW.

It allows for a truly customized sound plus I feel it smooths out the variance in tones produced by the original real tracks. Some sound great with the original sound but when BIAB generates the real track it can sometimes sound pieced together because the recorded tones don't blend well. This doesn't usually pose a problem if your doing a short solo or fill but it's almost impossible to do a whole song featuring a soloist track with the original recorded tone.

I hope they continue the trend and make sure all future guitar tracks include the dry tracks. Also several guitar tracks don't have DI shots and holds available which would be nice if they could fix that but overall it's a fantastic feature.
Posted By: Caloo Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/07/16 01:46 PM
Thank you very much Jeff for these good informations. I had forgotten this feature but am going to look closer to it from now.
Cheers
Pascal
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/07/16 05:09 PM
I like to think that it sounds fairly seamless but that may just be by bias..............I guess I have the same bias! It flows great!! Really great instrumental jamming. Brings me back to the 70's. Loved it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/07/16 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Jeff S
It's been awhile since I posted a song. I have really been trying to push the real tracks and create some interesting instrumentals in the rock genre. This submission follows my usual practice of creating solo guitar real tracks by custom editing multiple generated tracks. In this case I used 12 tracks of a couple different soloist that had a similar feel but not the same if that makes sense.

All guitar tracks were rendered in DI and custom simulated amps added. In some cases I edited the tracks down to the individual beat. I like to think that it sounds fairly seamless but that may just be by bias. The only added item that is not a real track is the chime at the bridge. Hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/jsting1/signed-and-delivered

Hi Jeff. You defiantly created something interesting more like outstanding.
Wonderful mix.
Rob.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/07/16 10:31 PM
Awesome tune, I followed you. This is a fun and energetic piece of work! Love it! smile
Posted By: Sundance Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/08/16 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Jeff,

Sounds great! Your editing sounded seamless to me, too. There's a lot of skill on display with what you've done. Impressive!

All the best,
Noel

+1! Great work Jeff.
Posted By: dga Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/08/16 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Jeff S
DI is short for direct input. PG Music has wisely given us the dry recorded guitar signals (no added amps or effects) of most but not all the guitar real tracks.

I hope they continue the trend and make sure all future guitar tracks include the dry tracks. Also several guitar tracks don't have DI shots and holds available which would be nice if they could fix that but overall it's a fantastic feature.

Jeff can you tell me how to find the DI guitar tracks. I would like to work with these tracks exclusively on my next song.
Posted By: dga Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/08/16 11:12 PM
Flawless, nice work.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/09/16 04:27 AM
Hi, Jeff !

This is really a superb rocker !
Liked it very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/09/16 09:22 AM
Seamless and excellent mix. Very enjoyable listen. This goes a long way in showcasing the creativity and possibilities of BIAB.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/09/16 03:13 PM
Hi Jeff,

I thought I had already commented on this, but I don't see my name in the list of replies, so I'll reply now if you promise to forgive me for coming so late to the party!

First of all, I like what you're doing here! I like the music from this era.. the distorted guitar and lively chord patterns that can be found in a number of genres, from 70s and 80s rock to country and metal to name a few.

Very clean ending.. I often times have trouble getting a convincing ending, but you nailed it!

Thanks for posting this very enjoyable and fun song to the forum!
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Signed and Delivered - 04/09/16 09:37 PM
"Jeff can you tell me how to find the DI guitar tracks. I would like to work with these tracks exclusively on my next song."

To work with the guitar tracks in DI mode all you need to do is click the Direct Input box when assigning the real track. As I mentioned earlier some of the guitar real tracks don't have a DI option and the box will be grayed out. It is also listed far right in the track description if it is available for that track.

You have the option of using amplitube in BIAB when using direct input. You assign that the same place you add vst's in the track options or in the mixer tab. My personal preference is to just create the song as normal in BIAB using the original recorded tones. Once I'm happy with the general overall feel of the song I render my tracks with the DI box checked and import them into the DAW. That is where I do my editing and amp simulation. I use the full version of Amplitube 2 and create the custom tones by adjusting the amp/cab combo, microphone type and microphone position. Hope this helps.
© PG Music Forums