PG Music Home
Here is my week 14 song for my 52 Tracks project: Sorrows of the Moon

http://52tracksblog.com/2016/04/07/track-14-sorrows-of-the-moon/

A very spare arrangement, just bass guitar, piano, and drums.

701 Electric Bass Pop Half Notes Sync, 1006 Piano Pop California Slow, and Nashville Even 8^5 Real Drums.

Thanks for listening. Comments are always appreciated.

Fred
Fred
Very nice set of lyrics - quite a sophisticated song. Can hear the Jackson Browne influence or Al Stewart for that matter.
May have been nice with a little David Lindley like slide or violin to break it up a little but overall another very nice song.
I'm very impressed with the the variety a you are coming up with on a weekly basis.
Delicate and beautiful.
Good work Fred.
Rob
Beautiful backing track for those lyrics. Very nice performance, Fred! smile
Thanks for the comments.

Fred
Hi, Fred !:))

this is one of the best tunes
I´ve ever heard on this forum
during my years here ! How sweet
and smooth is everything !:))
Great music Fred !:))

Cheers
Dani
Thanks, Dani! Your compliment makes me smile and gives me more energy to keep releasing a new song each Thursday.

Fred
Really nice Fred!! Some absolutely beautiful lyrics here. I'm a huge Jackson Browne fan myself. Great job with this! Take care. Greg
Thanks, Greg.
Hi Fred,

Very nice song. It's hard to make a sparse arrangement shine, but you did a great job with this one! Still, I'd kinda like to hear the big production version of it... ;-)

I'm curious to know.. looks like you're planning to post a new song every week for a year... Will you be starting from scratch every week? Or do you have a bunch of songs written already? Maybe you're redoing them in BIAB?

Either way, such a goal would be way out of my reach! Good luck to you, sounds like a fun and satisfying goal to shoot for!
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Fred,

Very nice song. It's hard to make a sparse arrangement shine, but you did a great job with this one! Still, I'd kinda like to hear the big production version of it... ;-)

I'm curious to know.. looks like you're planning to post a new song every week for a year... Will you be starting from scratch every week? Or do you have a bunch of songs written already? Maybe you're redoing them in BIAB?

Either way, such a goal would be way out of my reach! Good luck to you, sounds like a fun and satisfying goal to shoot for!

Thanks for the comments, Pat. Some of the songs have been recorded in a week this year, while others are final tweaks and mixes of songs I have recorded in the past six years but never truly finished. I have changed some instruments because I found better RealTracks. As the year moves on the great majority of songs will be newly recorded. Happily, I am becoming more efficient in arranging, recording, editing, and mixing.

Fred
Really a sweet and relaxing song... I enjoyed my listen ! Already looking forward to the next !
Fred, I see you're in St Paul Minnesota.. I was just out there last October... to bad I didn't know you then! We could have met for lunch!
My sister lives in Rochester so I'm sure I'll be back.. maybe we can meet then
This is really good Fred.
Pat, let's keep in touch!
Thanks, Leo and David.
© PG Music Forums