PG Music Home
Posted By: Even If Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/14/16 09:05 PM
This song has been shelved for about 1 and 1/2 years . . .

Finally did a total rewrite and sent singer home with a few ideas . . .

This is the singer's first attempt to record his vocals by himself and send files by dropbox to me rather that travel up here to record . . . I think Rob did a great job for a first time!

2 styles in this song:
1)TexasRK.sty Texas Rock Even
2)PWPOWER.STY Praise&WorshipGuit&Piano [120RS]

I added 1535 piano and 395 solo metal

Here is link to song: [Link no longer valid]
If He is your Rock, CRANK IT! wink

Posted By: LDO649X Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 12:26 AM
Thanks bro I appreciate it.
Posted By: dga Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 01:56 AM
He's my ROCK and I cranked it as you suggested. Nice tune, and collaboration.
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 02:05 AM
grin Thanks DGA! Blessings to you!
This song Rocks ! Especially the "Yes u r " parts.... Reminded me of Deep Purple.... Very well done Even If !
Posted By: dga Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Even If
grin Thanks DGA! Blessings to you!

You are welcome, soon I would like to collaborate on something similar in content, message, and style.
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 02:13 AM
grin Thanks Trygve! Rob had a lot of fun singing it!!! :-) Blessings to you!
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 02:14 AM
just message me I would be glad to help a fellow believer!

send me your email and I will help however I can! smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 09:07 AM
you are doing some really cool stuff here! I really like your friends' s vocals... and did you say that your brother is playing the guitar parts? They are very well done!

And you use some interesting dynamics techniques in all the pieces I've heard so far.

Most of all I appreciate the ministry aspect.

The play on words here is very clever... speaking only for myself, I've always had a certain reluctance to sell scriptural concepts based on any form of human cleverness. Truth stands on its own merit and it doesn't need any help. Doing so can suggest that what you're really selling is your cleverness. I say that not as a direct criticism, but rather as a way of pointing out how the intended audience might see such presentations.

Anyway, EVERYTHING I've heard from you so far has been outstanding! You have a lot of talent, that's for sure!
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 10:07 AM
Thanks Pat smile

Sadly, no my brother Eric is not playing on this - I have only been able to get him to play for me 2 times in last year and a half frown

This is Darin Favorite from Band in a Box . . .

I wrote this song 3 years ago . . .

As I was writing it, I realized when you sang Yeshua, it would sound like "Yes you are" to people that had never heard the Jewish name of Jesus before . . .

It was at that moment that I realized that the song needed to have "Yeshua" and Yes you are" be correct in every line - interchangeable in every line.

It is a teaching tool and also a proclamation - many of the names that He is called in the text - besides Yeshua - besides salvation . . .

Yes, he is all of these things! :-)

Thanks so much for your well thought out and gracious posts . . . they are very encouraging!

Blessings to you!
Rock it man!!

smile
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 10:18 AM
Thanks Dave! Blessings brother!
Posted By: Jeff S Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 11:03 AM
Great song concept. There is a short harmony part that I think was outstanding and I wish it was used in other parts of the song more. I really liked the effects on the vocals. You did a great job on this. I do think the guitar solo was a bit too busy for the vibe of the song but overall I really enjoyed it.
Great production. The mix, soundstage, etc., sound
spot on via our monitors.

Rock on!

J&B
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 01:00 PM
smile

thanks Jeff!

Rob wants to harmony everything so I am sure I am going to pay for that comment! HAHAHAHAH

The lead was the singer's choice . . . We didn't have many to choose from . . . .eventually there will be a live lead . . . I love band in a box but rock leads are hard to come by in this program . . .

They should hire Michael Schenker to do about 20 different styles . . . if they did, I would produce all 3 albums with just his leads! :-P

Blessings!

Blessings!
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 01:00 PM
thanks Janice and Bud!

Very helpful comment for knowing whether what I hear is what you hear. grin

Blessings!
Posted By: LDO649X Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 05:47 PM
See Bill I told ya...I love them harmonies...... lol
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 06:29 PM
crazy hehehe
Posted By: PeterF Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 08:24 PM
Excellent production - big vocals! Liked the processed vocal effect after the solo.
Posted By: Mattox Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 08:25 PM
I am enjoying your tunes. Good vibe
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 10:43 PM
Thanks Peter! blessing to you! smile
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/15/16 10:44 PM
smile Thanks Mattox! Blessings to u!

Hello
nice tune. Very good listening.
Sergio
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/16/16 09:59 PM
smile thanks Sergio! blessings to you!
Very well done.

What's the bass? I like that short solo right up front.... nice tone on the bass.

I can see a youth group rocking out singing this..... I loved the "play on words" in it..... Yes U R...... very cool.

Well executed song in every respect.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/17/16 11:11 AM
Hi, Even If !!!:)

This is a very good
rocker indeed !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/17/16 02:26 PM
Thanks Herb!

It is the bass right out of this style: TexasRK.sty Texas Rock Even

I did add EMI12345 bass preset for EQ and then Chris Lord Alge (CLA) bass on top of it to make it growl a lil grin

Very encouraging response - thanks!

blessings to you brother! smile
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/17/16 02:30 PM
smile Thanks Dani! all of the wonderful encouragement from people like you on this forum help . . .

I have a pretty high standard for myself and for music and thus the roadblocks can be tough to take at times . . .

a little bit of encouragement goes a long ways . . .

You and many others on here have helped me stay focused with just a few kind words . . .

Thanks and blessings!
Very well produced. Well balanced and well written.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/17/16 07:01 PM
grin thanks Gruve! Great screen name!

blessings to you!
Excellent rocker!! Your mixes always have great energy, and the vocals are killer. Awesome track!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Even If Re: Yeshua (Yes you are) - fun little tune! - 04/19/16 05:00 PM
Very kind of you Greg!!! blush

Blessings to you!
© PG Music Forums