PG Music Home
Here is my week 17 song for my 52 Tracks Project:

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/04/28/track-17-ten-thousand-midnights-ago/

I played electric guitar but the rest are RTs: 1122 Acoustic Bass Country Waltz SW, 827 Acoustic Guitar Strumming Country Waltz SW, 1699 Mandolin Rhythm Bluegrass Waltz, 1698 Banjo Rhythm Bluegrass Waltz, 1127 Pedal Steel Rhythm Country Waltz SW, and the Country Waltz RealDrums.

Somewhat offbeat lyrics.....

Thanks for listening. Comments always welcome.
Great song, and I love that photo! Good work!!
Thanks, David. A bit off beat for forum members. Oh well.
I don't hear what might be thought of as "off beat" in the lyrics. they maybe a little more impressionistic than the usual for that tempo & beat but they paint an interesting picture.
"The close-up shows more than we know."

Great line. Really like the whole bridge, too.
I liked the "story less told"-ness of the whole lyric.

I thought your vocal could sit down into the mix a bit more than it did.
The tracks are well mixed. The steel is nice in the final lines...

Nice, Fred.

fj
Thanks, Ray C and Floyd Jane. Floyd, I will drop the vocal 2 or 3 db and remix.
Nice write. I liked the chord progression on this. Lyrics held my interest from start to finish. Enjoyed my listen.
"The camera pans wide for the shot

A man and a woman walk slowly

Then stop at a plot."

Brilliant.

We are also fans of B&W films of that
era. And of B&W stills. This is an creative
and engaging write. Your vocal and the
instrumental tracks rally nail the feel.

Nice!

J&B
Hi Fred,

I thought your lyrics to this were very well done, and I'm sure there was cleverness in them that I didn't even catch... (what I caught was impressive!)

I enjoyed your write-up about the song at the top of your web page... it's always fun to get the insider information on a song.

Knowing it was about Hollywood, I listened to the lyrics with that in mind, and most of it made sense in that light... but for me the choice of a country style to represent Hollywood seemed a bit non-sequitur.

At first I thought maybe ten thousand midnights ago, Hollywood was all about cowboy flicks... but then I did the math and 10,000 days ago was 1988, top grossing films were BeetleJuice, Die Hard, Willow etc, so that put me back in non-sequitur mode.

Apart from my own confusion here, I think this is an EXCELLENT song! Your vocals are very good for the country genre, and your overall production made for a great presentation, fun to listen and thought provoking all at the same time!
Thanks, Charlie, J and B, and Pat.

Pat, I wasn't setting the song in any particular period but seeking to evoke the feel of the movie. The country style is a bit of a mind-bender but once I tried out the style it seemed to fit like a glove with the chords and melody. Thanks for the comments.
Most enjoyed thank you Fred.
Beautiful laid back song. Cheers.
Thanks, RichMac. Much appreciated.
© PG Music Forums