https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/track/amarillo

MP3:

https://soundcloud.com/90-db/amarillo

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 02:36 PM
This is very catchy!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 03:28 PM
Really well done Bob!! Very sweet melody, beautiful vocal, and perfect sparse BG track. I really love the bridge-short, sweet, and full of impact. Excellent stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 03:39 PM
Sensational effort Bob. Perfect in so many ways.

I agree about the simplicity of the backing. This has really give the opportunity to project the vocals, which are delivered with exceptional quality.

Very nice indeed.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 05:18 PM
Bob
Very pleasant song, nice melody, beautifully sung.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 06:14 PM
Bob, your voice sounds fantastic on this. Nice use of the steel only on the bridge and the end. Nicely executed modulation. I really like it a lot. It's got cowboy all over it. Tom
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Amarillo - 05/11/16 09:20 PM
Cowboy music at it's best. Great write, performance, mix and production. Enjoyed this one a lot.
Posted By: rayc Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 07:26 AM
Really nice. The backing is just that - supporting the voice and not complicating the story.
There are a couple of spots where the sibilance is strong enough to distract. It's been accentuated by the reverb I think. have you thought of treating it before the reverb is added?
Spitfish is pretty good AND free. Tonmann is another that works well.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 08:39 AM
Beautiful, Bob.

Always love your writes - you manage to say what needs to be said in 1/3 the number of words most people would use (and likely fail to convey the same sentiments). Wordsmith.

If Don Williams were still radioing hits, I have no doubt many of them would be from your pen.

floyd
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 08:49 AM
Nice work....

I really enjoyed that. I always had a soft spot for cowboy music when done well. And this one is.

Edit: My wife walked into the room downstairs and heard this playing.... she said you sound like Gordon Lightfoot...... Another great singer.

Yup... well done.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 09:52 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is very catchy!!

David,

Thanks for the listen. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really well done Bob!! Very sweet melody, beautiful vocal, and perfect sparse BG track. I really love the bridge-short, sweet, and full of impact. Excellent stuff!! Take care. Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the kind comments. I owe the bridge idea to my beautiful songwriter wife Penelope. I had the thing "finished" - until she said "That really needs a bridge". Usually, I just grumble and do it my way. Not this time though. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 09:58 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I agree about the simplicity of the backing. This has really give the opportunity to project the vocals, which are delivered with exceptional quality.

Very nice indeed.

Thanks man. The first version actually had strings, but I left them out on this version. Appreciate the kind words.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 09:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Bob
Very pleasant song, nice melody, beautifully sung.

Peter,

Thanks for the listen.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 10:00 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Bob, your voice sounds fantastic on this. Nice use of the steel only on the bridge and the end. Nicely executed modulation. I really like it a lot. It's got cowboy all over it. Tom

Tommy,

Thanks for the kind words. I broke out the old Studio Projects T3 tube on this one. I love that mic!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 10:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Cowboy music at it's best. Great write, performance, mix and production. Enjoyed this one a lot.

Charlie,

Thanks for the listen and kind comments. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 10:38 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Very nice indeed.

Yeah, all of that....

We started the morning with some nice java, sitting on the couch and streaming to the "big system" and this was our first listen. GREAT way to start the day. We are always drawn toward open "airy" and somewhat sparse productions. They really work with vocals like these that are deservedly up front. And like Tom mentioned the bridge and steel is very effective.

Enjoyed it...a lot

J&B
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Really nice. The backing is just that - supporting the voice and not complicating the story.
There are a couple of spots where the sibilance is strong enough to distract. It's been accentuated by the reverb I think. have you thought of treating it before the reverb is added?
Spitfish is pretty good AND free. Tonmann is another that works well.

Ray,

Thanks for listening and commenting. The vocals are sibilant. I did apply a de-esser prior to the verb, maybe not enough. Problem with de-essers is that a little bit too much, and you've got a lithping inthead of a lisssping. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 06:05 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Beautiful, Bob.

Always love your writes - you manage to say what needs to be said in 1/3 the number of words most people would use (and likely fail to convey the same sentiments). Wordsmith.

If Don Williams were still radioing hits, I have no doubt many of them would be from your pen.

floyd

fj,

Thanks for the kind remarks. I used to think that brevity was the soul of wit, but in my dotage, I just think I can't remember that many words. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: gruverider Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 06:20 PM
Count me in as big fan! Love the modulation too!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Amarillo - 05/12/16 09:14 PM
Very nice song in every way, Bob! Your use of the pedal steel to modulate the key was downright inspired! You have the perfect voice for this song... just a pleasure to listen to from start to finish!
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 08:35 AM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Count me in as big fan! Love the modulation too!

Lawrence,

Thanks for the listen and comment.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 08:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Very nice song in every way, Bob! Your use of the pedal steel to modulate the key was downright inspired! You have the perfect voice for this song... just a pleasure to listen to from start to finish!

Pat,

Thanks for the kind remarks. Appreciate it. How's the Classy Croc thing going?

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 11:53 AM
Quote:
How's the Classy Croc thing going?

I'd have to say that so far it works best for private parties where individuals want a low priced entertainment solution. Pubs and other places that are used to full bands are not as receptive to what I do. I'm getting good reviews on Gigsalad, and that seems to help people make up their mind.

I could be playing a lot more if I advertised but as a retiree, there are other things I want to do, so I'm content to play whatever gigs come my way through gigsalad.

Thanks again for all the invaluable advice you gave me when I was gearing up! I'll never progress to an act that's anywhere close to the act you and your wife have, but it challenges me to work at my current level, so apparently its what I can do. I have no illusions. I'm happy to make music and get paid for it!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 12:37 PM
Hi, Bob !:))

This must be one of your
best if not THE BEST !!!
I loved everything about it
chords, instros, vocal and
mix alike !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Quote:
How's the Classy Croc thing going?

I'd have to say that so far it works best for private parties where individuals want a low priced entertainment solution. Pubs and other places that are used to full bands are not as receptive to what I do. I'm getting good reviews on Gigsalad, and that seems to help people make up their mind.

I could be playing a lot more if I advertised but as a retiree, there are other things I want to do, so I'm content to play whatever gigs come my way through gigsalad.

Thanks again for all the invaluable advice you gave me when I was gearing up! I'll never progress to an act that's anywhere close to the act you and your wife have, but it challenges me to work at my current level, so apparently its what I can do. I have no illusions. I'm happy to make music and get paid for it!

Pat,

It's tough these days. Karaoke has replaced live music practically everywhere, and what work there is left doesn't pay.

It's good to only work when you want to though. Ain't much future in live music.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48

This must be one of your
best if not THE BEST !!!
I loved everything about it
chords, instros, vocal and
mix alike !:))

Cheers
Dani

Dani,

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you are well.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: RnAM Re: Amarillo - 05/13/16 04:20 PM
Beautiful song Bob!
Good vocals and harmonies.
The steel guitar is exactly at the right places.
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Amarillo - 05/14/16 06:42 AM

I enjoyed this song immensely, laid back, heartfelt, and beautifully carried by the music.

Paddy G
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/14/16 04:10 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Beautiful song Bob!
Good vocals and harmonies.
The steel guitar is exactly at the right places.

Thanks for listening guys. Appreciate it.

Regrads,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/14/16 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By: PaddyG

I enjoyed this song immensely, laid back, heartfelt, and beautifully carried by the music.

Paddy G

Paddy,

Thanks for the kind words. Wow. You live in Cape Town, and you surf???? shocked eek shocked

I've seen some of what swims in your area - no thanks - I'll stay ashore. As Joni once wisely said:

"If you want me, I'll be in the bar." grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: ROG Re: Amarillo - 05/16/16 07:36 AM
Hi Bob.

A little late getting round to listening to this one.

I'm always impressed by how everything you is so absolutely professional. This is a super track and your voice carries so much emotion every time you sing. A real treat.

Good to see you posting.

Cheers, ROG.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Amarillo - 05/16/16 09:23 AM
Hi Bob. Wonderful song and lovely vocals. Loved the harmonies and the key change is the extra cherry. I enjoyed my listen very much.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/17/16 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Bob.

A little late getting round to listening to this one.

I'm always impressed by how everything you is so absolutely professional. This is a super track and your voice carries so much emotion every time you sing. A real treat.

Good to see you posting.

Cheers, ROG.

ROG,

Thanks for the listen and kind comments. They like it down at our local, so it's a "local" hit. grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/17/16 11:04 AM
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Bob. Wonderful song and lovely vocals. Loved the harmonies and the key change is the extra cherry. I enjoyed my listen very much.

Joanne,

Thanks for listening. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Amarillo - 05/18/16 05:29 PM

Hello,
Very nice song. Real country style.
Good ensemble of instruments and very well sung.
Sergio
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 05/19/16 08:50 AM
Sergio,

Thanks for listening and the kind comments.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: w Re: Amarillo - 01/15/19 04:03 PM
really smooth
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: Amarillo - 01/15/19 04:40 PM
Very nice from the lyrics to the arrangement and the vocal performance. Solid!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Amarillo - 01/15/19 06:42 PM

Your best tune in this genré
I presume ? at least it is my
Bobfav hereafter smile

A Most Happy New Year to you Bob !

I´ve been missin you too !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Amarillo - 01/15/19 08:17 PM
Your melody and vocals set the right mood for this song: longing, yet peaceful, with a touch of melancholy. Excellent vocals, both tone and delivery.
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Amarillo - 01/16/19 01:26 AM
Really, really nice song. Enjoyed it totally.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Amarillo - 01/16/19 05:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words everybody. I appreciate it greatly.

Regards,

Bob
© PG Music Forums