PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/18/16 04:22 PM
Nifty little tune this came to be, taking a demo tune and making it our own. My friend Mista Perez vocals/lyrics - me, well I just produced it... LOL

https://soundcloud.com/user-862614464/mike-k-featuring-mista-perez-u-are-a-woman

Style used: _SLOWJAM
Posted By: boehm Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/19/16 10:53 AM
Hi Mike,

interesting. What disturbs me a little is the children's tune turned into a chorus.
But I like the singer and the arrangement.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/19/16 11:05 AM
Wow, Mike.. this is AWESOME! There hasn't been a lot of work posted here in this genre, and this really shines! VERY polished in my opinion!

Your mix is crystal clear, the beat and cadence of the lyrics is totally hypnotic, and your singer absolutely NAILS the vocal style this genre normally adheres to!

I tend to agree with Guenter that the combination of highly sexualized lyrics with a playground melody is a bit disconcerting... But it is completely consistent with the genre's sexually charged content.

I really like your use of a single sax note at 1:27... it works as an exclamation point for everything that comes before it!

This is so good and so polished that I can actually see it taking off if you managed to get it into the right hands! GREAT job! Color me impressed!
Posted By: RnAM Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/19/16 12:57 PM
I like this one, sort of a crossover of Boyband and Steely Dan.
Good work!

Rob
Posted By: MikeK Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/19/16 10:33 PM
Thanks, guys - especially Pat. Know an agent? LOL!

Instrumental music is one of those things... you can do with it as you please. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I call it artistic freedom smile

Thanks again!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/20/16 11:58 PM
Mike,
I like the deep bass sound in this song. A very strong sonic hook.

SD
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: U Are a WOMEN (Husband & Wife) - 05/24/16 04:42 PM
Very cool!! Great production, great vocal, great energy. You've really captured the essence of the style. Great job!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums