PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Dawn - 05/23/16 08:51 PM
Dawn

Dawn starts very slowly, develops fully then fades away as it transforms into morning.

Finally after a couple of very trying months I now have my upgraded music computer running on Win 10. The problems started with two 2-gig DOA HDs. I'm still having an USB shut down problem, along with a lot of people, but mostly everything is working correctly.

Anyway JonD started the song and together we finished it.

BiaB Style = New Age Piano, w/Crickets_loop
Pesticide got rid of the crickets and we deleted all but the strings, which were modified and turned into pads.

JonD is playing the music box and piano via his keyboard controller.

I am playing the shepherd's flute via my wind controller and the harp, vocal and strings via my keyboard controller.

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Dawn - 05/24/16 10:19 AM
You Windows folk's have the patience of Job smile

This was a lovely way to sit down this morning for some forum listening. I stared out the window into the woods as it was playing. Beautiful. I love the way you set up the mood with your one sentence descriptions! Great playing and production.

Really nice and I will soon get Janice to listen.

Bud
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Dawn - 05/24/16 10:36 AM
Hey Mario,

I Like it! Any time I've ever experimented with NewAge music my efforts have resulted in a boring and redundant mix... but you have done a great job of changing things up the whole time to keep it fresh from start to finish.

I like the fact that so much of this is your own playing!

Tell me more about your 'USB shut down" problem... my newest computer (the only one I've put win 10 on, but it was doing it even when it was still win 8) doesn't cooperate with my Focusrite interface at all, and seems to disconnect my focusrite any time the OS polls the USB drives. Is that what you're talking about? or something else?
Posted By: boehm Re: Dawn - 05/24/16 01:04 PM
Hi Mario and Jon,

the way you musically develop the rising of the dawn is just beautiful.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Dawn - 05/24/16 07:28 PM
Love it, so pretty, so nice, so panoramic!

Kenny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Dawn - 05/25/16 06:44 PM
Mario/Jon

A terrific listen. Y'all do this as well as the people who are selling...

(whatever you used for the piano is not up to the standard of all the other instruments...it sounded like "small sample" piano).

Nice.

fj
Posted By: RnAM Re: Dawn - 05/25/16 07:19 PM
Well Mario, this is definitely one of your best.
Very atmospheric indeed!
About Windows 10: I tried it too, but went back to Windows 7 and immediately all the problems vanished into thin air.

Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: Dawn - 05/27/16 04:12 AM
Mario
Pretty playing - atmospheric piece.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Dawn - 05/27/16 06:29 PM
Very pretty Mario!! Very meditative piece. You have a real talent for this kind of score music. Always love to hear what you're doing. Mix and arrangement are great. Love it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Dawn - 05/27/16 07:53 PM
Pretty man!!! Sorry to hear about your computer problems.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Dawn - 05/28/16 05:47 PM
I want to thank all that has listened and left those wonderful comments. I will show these to JonD. Now that will be very easy as JonD has just moved just 4 houses away from me!

[edit] Pat you have a PM.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Dawn - 05/28/16 06:29 PM
Hi, Mario !:))

This is superb music !
Liking it very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Dawn - 05/28/16 08:00 PM
I love every 'Dawn' I come across. From my friend in elementary school to the beautiful new creation I see every morning.

This beautiful tune is right up there with them all.

Spectacular performance.

PS: I have a young friend that's very into pan pipes and flutes and is building his own from bamboo. He will be very interested hearing this piece.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Dawn - 05/28/16 08:24 PM
Spooky and intimate all in the one package.
Nicely done.
Rob
Posted By: gruverider Re: Dawn - 05/29/16 03:27 PM
Lush and tranquil. I enjoyed the movements and the mood.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Dawn - 05/29/16 07:55 PM
Hello Mario,

very high level music in this one. I can see the dawn starting and the sun rising in the sky.
Very nice listening.

Sergio
Posted By: gibson Re: Dawn - 05/30/16 01:22 PM
Mario,
Played this this morning as the sun came up in a cloudless sky
PERFECT!

well done I really enjoyed that, you and JonD are a good musical team.
Alyn
© PG Music Forums