PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Across the Sea - soundtrack version - 05/25/16 04:18 AM
a song for all them warmongers out there ...

===> Across the Sea

Lyrics: Across the Sea © Artspurg 2016 SABAM

The steel bird’s gone and thus
Fear’s in my heart of a coming day
The lord is not with us
When a gun man tells you how to pray

They may keep the show; I’ll bail out and go
Across the sea, don’t you bother me, will you let me be

Paid me a load of jazz
For a plane, a train, and a ferry out
Tough road that it was
A nightmare one should do without

You may keep the show; I’ll bail out and go

Curse the cold and rain
Stuck in the land of the free they say
Fences block the way
A man with a gun says you cannot stay

You may keep the show; I’ll bail out and go
(don't bother me, just let me be, will you let me be ... )
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Accross the Sea - 05/25/16 11:58 AM
Nifty production you have here. The message, the vocal and
the production all worked for us. If you get a chance list
the RT's used, etc.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Accross the Sea - 05/25/16 12:18 PM
thanks, i started the arangement & trial with BIAB, came across a RT reggae style, and i think the only RT sugar left over from that messing around is the rhythm mandolin, except for the soloing: that's my good old Vanden F5, some added synth plugin, plus a Jr. Martin Bb cajun accordion for more sweets .... all the rest is redone. - F
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Accross the Sea - 05/25/16 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Nifty production you have here. The message, the vocal and
the production all worked for us. If you get a chance list
the RT's used, etc.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

thanks for the update on RTs used... I identify with the message. If you find a place to go that isn't worse, please let me know. The problem with bailing and turning expat is that you end up being the expendable outsider when the SHTF globally. But that's a whole 'nother rant. ;-)

I really liked the song... vocals were a bit low on my system, and the intro was kind of long.. I kept expecting the singing to start, but the intro kept going.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Accross the Sea - 05/25/16 09:57 PM
I really like the laid back rhythmic feel of this, very cool.
Enjoyed.

Kenny
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Accross the Sea - 05/27/16 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
I really like the laid back rhythmic feel of this, very cool.
Enjoyed.

Kenny

I agree with Kenny!! The feel is infectious. Great job!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Accross the Sea - 05/28/16 11:00 AM
Updated the soundcloud upload with a new mix after some remarks, and added a RT with some filthy cheapo organ sound BTW .... PS the long intro is meant for the video images still in the works - F
Posted By: MarioD Re: Accross the Sea - 05/28/16 05:23 PM
I really like what you have happening here. That beat is very contagious, that is you have to tap your foot, a very nice Jamaican feel. The only problems with it IMHO are that the vocal is too low and you have a harp, at least I think it is a blues harp, playing along with the vocal. Drop the harp while singing and bring up the vocal and it would be over the top for me. This is only my opinion and others may or may not agree.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Accross the Sea - 05/29/16 04:07 AM
Level of vocals, always a problem and landmark for discussion. Put them already quite higher to my personal liking by someone's request. As the mix is meant to be a song demo basically, maybe you're right. I use some old Tannoy Little red monitors i learned to trust over the years for levels etc. Most modern mixes seem to be quite over compressed, tried to avoid that. BTW this song also works with just an acoustic guitar, maybe a sign of a working thing musically, maybe should try that. If you listen f.i. to Sting the vocals are sometimes very low-level and hardly understandable, at times almost drowning in a pool of reverb to boot. Now who am i to crtitisize that LoL: i enjoy listening to that stuff ... BTW the "blues harp" is a Bb Jr Martin onerow Cajun melodeon, and i pushed that up by someone elses request, probably a Cajun fan? ... - F
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Across the Sea - soundtrack version - 05/29/16 10:59 AM
I like the groove on this.
© PG Music Forums