PG Music Home
I am at the halfway point of my project with this song: Cancel the Wedding

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/06/30/track-26-cancel-the-wedding/

A song in the style of Hank Williams, which I wrote back in 1982. It finally sees the light of day....

All RTs: bass guitar, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, steel guitar, fiddle, drums.

Thanks again to all who have listened and/pr commented on my weekly song posts. They help keep me going.

Fred
Fred,

If this is autobiographical (1982), I think part two of your story would also be a good country song even 34 years later. Nicely done arraignment, true to the style you desire. Clever lyrics. I vote, if this is allowed, to add to the end of your current title, (Start the Honeymoon) I think it would bring a smile before even listening to your song. I think we can all celebrate rediscovering your song and applaud your tribute style to Hank Williams.

Atze
Fred
Another nice tune - good backing - good lyric and nice and melodic like all your tracks.
Originally Posted By: Atze Akkerman
Fred,

If this is autobiographical (1982), I think part two of your story would also be a good country song even 34 years later. Nicely done arraignment, true to the style you desire. Clever lyrics. I vote, if this is allowed, to add to the end of your current title, (Start the Honeymoon) I think it would bring a smile before even listening to your song. I think we can all celebrate rediscovering your song and applaud your tribute style to Hank Williams.

Atze

Good idea! Thanks.
Thanks, Peter. A dear musical friend died in his sleep Tuesday. I was hoping he would play this song with me....
Very Hank-like, Fred.

A good, fun write.

IF you ever re-visit this... I think it could be a few bpm faster (likely just a couple) - a bit "peppy-er".
Also, consider using "Skip" instead of "Cancel". That would save a syllable and you get the Skip/Start alliteration... which I think would give you a little stronger hook...

Congrats on the halfway mark!

floyd

(Condolences on the passing of your friend)
Thanks, Floyd. Good comments. I will revisit.

I have lost four great musicians in the last nine months. Hitting close to home.

Fred
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very Hank-like, Fred.

A good, fun write.

IF you ever re-visit this... I think it could be a few bpm faster (likely just a couple) - a bit "peppy-er".
Also, consider using "Skip" instead of "Cancel". That would save a syllable and you get the Skip/Start alliteration... which I think would give you a little stronger hook...

Congrats on the halfway mark!

floyd

(Condolences on the passing of your friend)

Floyd has a great insight here. The few changes would make a big difference. It is really fun, clever, and well-written!! Take care. Greg
Thanks, Greg. I export each song discussion as a PDF to my iMac. I will revisit each song next year. I respect and admire Floyd's musical and lyrical sense. I take his comments to heart.

Enjoy the July 4th weekend.
Fred
© PG Music Forums