PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Silent Love - 07/01/16 02:30 PM
They worked in the same office building. They pass in the halls. Sometimes they rode the elevator together. Sometimes when talking to each other they would stutter and or miss a step or two. The same thing would happen when working but thinking about each other. Two extremely shy individuals that were in love with each other but neither would make the first move.

JonD and I tried to capture this scenario.

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/silent-love

BiaB style = Rendevous - Arpeggiated Ballad
Deleted all tracks

JonD and I were working with this style when JonD started to play the arpeggios. We decided to go with his version. I then slowly replaced each BiaB track with one of mine. I also used this as an orchestral string exercise as I am trying to improve my string work.

JonD is playing the piano part via his keyboard controller.

I am playing the oboe and female vocal via my wind controller and all of the string parts via my keyboard controller.

Let us know what you think.
---------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note I apologize for not being able to listen to your wonderful music the past couple of months. Life got into the way as I was doing a lot of yard and house work. That coupled with going to a couple of friends' wakes was taking up a lot of time. I hope to become more active in the near future.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Silent Love - 07/01/16 05:25 PM
Whow, this would fit right into a sad movie...
Love that oboe. All in all very atmospheric!

Rob
Posted By: dani48 Re: Silent Love - 07/01/16 05:26 PM
Hi, Mario !

This is really very beautiful
and atop of all at the same time
truly dramatic !!!

Can only hope those two got
it out from them in the end !!!!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: dani48 Re: Silent Love - 07/01/16 05:27 PM
Hi, Mario !

This is really very beautiful
and atop of all at the same time
truly dramatic !!!

Can only hope those two got
it out from them in the end !!!!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 03:43 AM
Mario,

Once again you and Jon managed to create a nicely atmospheric composition. I love the double reed sound of your wind controller. To my ears it sounded more English horn than oboe. It was really beautiful playing against the strings.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 09:15 AM
Mario & Jon,

Beautiful listen. Sounds like a movie.

Very well done.

fj
Posted By: boehm Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 10:41 AM
Hi Mario and Jon,

a real film score.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 02:07 PM
Mario and Jon, I think you captured the vibe perfectly. This would work well in a movie with the same theme as your introduction. I enjoyed the spread in the mix. Nicely done. Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 02:34 PM
Very nice Mario. Very haunting and lamenting. Well done
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 03:54 PM
Gorgeous musical score type thing!! Absolutely beautiful. I imagine a scene of displaced people (maybe during a war), walking in a mass, to somewhere uncertain. Nobody speaking to each other. It really captures my imagination. My fave of your score types for sure! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Silent Love - 07/02/16 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Gorgeous musical score type thing!! Absolutely beautiful. I imagine a scene of displaced people (maybe during a war), walking in a mass, to somewhere uncertain. Nobody speaking to each other. It really captures my imagination. My fave of your score types for sure! Take care. Greg

Mario
Agree with Greg a top composition.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Silent Love - 07/03/16 02:03 AM
I agree with Greg, this has such an epic movie feel. I don't know how you guys manage to out do yourselves but you always do.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Silent Love - 07/03/16 09:05 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Mario and Jon, I think you captured the vibe perfectly. This would work well in a movie with the same theme as your introduction. I enjoyed the spread in the mix. Nicely done. Tom

Totally agree - really an excellent job!

Bob
Posted By: seeker Re: Silent Love - 07/03/16 03:40 PM
Mario,

The music story is telling melancholy times with great beauty.

Thanks for sharing the works with us.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Silent Love - 07/03/16 05:27 PM
This is a beautiful piece and a beautiful production Mario. Great job. I will listen to it many times. Very soothing.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Silent Love - 07/05/16 10:05 PM
I want to thank all of you for listening and those extremely nice comments. I will pass these on to JonD.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Silent Love - 07/06/16 06:20 PM
Beautifully melancholy. Your description that sets the atmosphere was obviously well thought out. You guys are a wonderful team as illustrated by this production. Hopefully you are putting some of your products at some of the sites that cater to tv and film.

Most enjoyable.

J&B
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Silent Love - 07/06/16 06:46 PM

Hi Mario,

the music highlights what you wanted to make us feel.
Great movie theme.

Sergio
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Silent Love - 07/07/16 04:28 AM
Mario & Jon

Outstanding.

What a brilliant effort from both of you

Marvelous expression throughout. The strings and oboe are really strong points, with great realism.

Great work.
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Silent Love - 07/07/16 05:32 AM

WOW how on earth do you manage to get that huge orchestral sound
This was beautiful , what a little video depicting the couple so wanting to talk to each other but always passing like ships in the night, with this music in the background could do ?? I started with a WOW and I will end with it.

Paddy G
Posted By: Skyline Re: Silent Love - 07/07/16 07:52 AM
Yes, Mario, you most certainly captured the scenario!
Well done to both of you in making a beautiful piece of music. There are some superb changes in this and all lead to a whole that tugs the heart strings, well, it certainly did that to mine.

John
Posted By: gruverider Re: Silent Love - 07/07/16 07:05 PM
Great composition! Moody magic!
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Silent Love - 07/08/16 05:53 AM
Wow ! Just beautiful Mario ! Excellent background music.....
© PG Music Forums