PG Music Home
Here is a song I co-wrote back in the late 1970s.

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/07/07/track-27-new-confederate-blues/

There are some BIAB MIDI tracks as well as a few RTs.

Comments appreciated.

Fred
Very cool music and interesting write Fred!! This is probably my favorite of yours. The melody really draws you in, and that pedal steel sounds custom. Is that an RT? Beautifully done in every way!! Take care. Greg
Fred
Always a good listen.
Very evocative - great arrangement - you have a very impressive body of work.
Nicely sung as usual.
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool music and interesting write Fred!! This is probably my favorite of yours. The melody really draws you in, and that pedal steel sounds custom. Is that an RT? Beautifully done in every way!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. I treasure your comments but this made my day.

Fred
Greg, the pedal steel was played by David Spires in 2002. He is now in Josh Turner's touring band.
Hi Fred,

I enjoyed this. It's a very interesting set of chords you've used. I really like the way the song weaves in and out of major and minor sounds.

Like Greg, I was mesmerised by the the pedal steel. The melody and the arrangement are really powerful.

A terrific listen.

Regards,
Noel
Wow, wonderful tune ! The Pedal steel guitar is just wonderful....And so is ur voice ! In overall; Top notch...
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Fred
Always a good listen.
Very evocative - great arrangement - you have a very impressive body of work.
Nicely sung as usual.

Thanks, Peter.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Fred,

I enjoyed this. It's a very interesting set of chords you've used. I really like the way the song weaves in and out of major and minor sounds.

Like Greg, I was mesmerised by the the pedal steel. The melody and the arrangement are really powerful.

A terrific listen.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks, Noel. Yes, David's pedal steel is awesome. It is an interesting chord progression that Dale Jernberg came up with. Glad you liked it.
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Wow, wonderful tune ! The Pedal steel guitar is just wonderful....And so is ur voice ! In overall; Top notch...

Thanks, Leo. I deleted a bunch of tracks that were great but clouded the main arrangement. My voice has improved quite a bit in the last five or six year. One good thing about aging....

Fred

I really like the lyrics and production on this one. A very solid write. Great hook.
Thanks, David.
© PG Music Forums