PG Music Home
Posted By: tommyad Without Your Love - 07/21/16 02:56 PM
American Rock…

RealTracks in song: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1535:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
Real Tracks in song: 1535:Piano Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPush Held Ev 120
Royalty Free Loops, Multitrack Instrument and Song Files and Multitrack Drums from Drums on Demand

Vocals, Electric Guitars, Additional Bass, Tom Adams
Recorded in Logic ProX, Alloy2, Ozone6, Waves LnMB, Scuffham S-Gear2, Waves Bass Rider, Waves Vocal Rider

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/without-your-love

http://tommyadamsmusic.com/music

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13419275

Without Your Love

Guess I had to lose you to make the fire burn again
I needed to remind myself of places that we’ve been
I don’t want to go and try to face this night alone
There’s not a chance in hell I can make it on my own

Another bad self portrait it sits without a frame

Without your love around me it doesn’t feel the same

I don't want to go and try to find somebody new

what we had is more than enough

I guess I finally realize after all that we’ve been through

I don't want to live without your love

seems so easy to let love fall apart
Pack it up move on out make a brand new start
everyone should know by now we’re just victims of the times
It’s not the way it used to be somehow it just ain’t right

Another bad self portrait it sits without a frame

Without your love around me it doesn’t feel the same

I don't want to go and try to find somebody new

what we had is more than enough

I guess I finally realize after all that we’ve been through

I don't want to live without your love

©2016 Thomas Adams
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 04:48 PM
Tom,

A good what-have-I-done write. "Guess I had to lose you to make the fire burn again" - really good opening.

Catchy guitar figures - you're becoming the king of those...Nice licks throughout.

Catchy rockin' song. Excellent mix. I like how you sang that last line!

floyd
Posted By: RnAM Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 05:11 PM
Tommy,

Wow, very cool, again!
Is it me, or are your songs getting more and more commercially viable every time ;-)
That sure is a good thing (we try to same, ha ha).

Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 05:22 PM
Great, great stuff Tom!! Musically, it is a string of pearls, each leaning directly on the one before. Great hook line at the end of the verse. You have been on a roll for setting up the music with a killer guitar groove at the intro. I hear some Eagles, and some Beatles in this. Probably the most classic rock feel I've heard from you. Enjoyed the heck out of it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 05:32 PM

Very nice!!
Great production. Everything is allright.

Sergio
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 06:34 PM
Tom, you've always been one of my favorites, but these last few songs. It seems like you've taken it to a higher level. The production is so good, the guitar playing is awesome, tho it always has been, writing is so strong, these are great songs, this new one is very cool. Are you putting something in your coffee? Nothing illeagle I'm sure. What I'm trying to say is that I've become I big fan of your music!

Kenny
Posted By: PeterF Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 08:09 PM
Tom
That really was masterful in every way. You are as others have noted on a roll and each song is a a stand out.
Keep them coming.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Tom, you've always been one of my favorites, but these last few songs. It seems like you've taken it to a higher level. The production is so good, the guitar playing is awesome, tho it always has been, writing is so strong, these are great songs, this new one is very cool. Are you putting something in your coffee? Nothing illeagle I'm sure. What I'm trying to say is that I've become I big fan of your music!

Kenny

A really big +1!

This absolutely fantastic.

Another keeper from Tom!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Without Your Love - 07/21/16 09:46 PM

Kenny

yeah, Kenny and I are thinkin' along the same lines... what the heck is in the water there in Florida? All you Florida forum members consistently whup @$$ with your songs!!

but seriously, I know you've invested a lot of time in your music, from playing live for most of your life, to writing songs in BIAB now. All that experience shows!
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Without Your Love - 07/22/16 05:33 AM
Pure good old rock ! And u have an excellent voice Tom...
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Without Your Love - 07/22/16 06:36 AM

When just the few opening bars says, here comes Tom Adams,, then you know you have carved your niche. The balanced mix you achieve between the music and your vocals is something to be admired.
Good lyrics, well sung. Top notch turn out

Paddy G
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Without Your Love - 07/22/16 08:56 AM
My gracious, this is a good one. New favorite. I have to agree, your work is getting stronger, writing, production, arranging, it's all top notch -- more commercial and radio ready.

I think loops are your new friend helping along as inspiration.

This is such a good listen.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/22/16 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

A good what-have-I-done write. "Guess I had to lose you to make the fire burn again" - really good opening.

Catchy guitar figures - you're becoming the king of those...Nice licks throughout.

Catchy rockin' song. Excellent mix. I like how you sang that last line!

floyd
Thanks for the nice comments. After hearing that last line I thought I should redo it, then it kind of grew on me. Tom
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Tommy,

Wow, very cool, again!
Is it me, or are your songs getting more and more commercially viable every time ;-)
That sure is a good thing (we try to same, ha ha).

Rob
RnAM, That's a very nice thing to say. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: Without Your Love - 07/22/16 11:10 AM
Hi Tommy,

again I like everything about this new one.
Especially your voice.
Your guitar work makes your songs unique.
Radio ready!

Guenter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/23/16 09:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great, great stuff Tom!! Musically, it is a string of pearls, each leaning directly on the one before. Great hook line at the end of the verse. You have been on a roll for setting up the music with a killer guitar groove at the intro. I hear some Eagles, and some Beatles in this. Probably the most classic rock feel I've heard from you. Enjoyed the heck out of it!! Take care. Greg
Thanks Greg. It was fun to go a little different direction. Tom
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice!!
Great production. Everything is allright.

Sergio
Sergio, Thanks for checking in. Tom

Kenny
Kenny, I am a fan of your songs too! Thanks, Tom
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Without Your Love - 07/23/16 12:11 PM
Tom,

Your sound is getting so tight! These productions are awesome! Very tight, extremely pro.

Loved the song!!

Excellent dynamics and phrasings.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Without Your Love - 07/23/16 04:32 PM
Man, it's so easy to take your guitar licks for granted when you've listened to as much tommyad music as we have and the reason is they are both seamless and at the same time so supportive of the individual song they are on. They flat work.

And when you really focus on them it's easier to see what a big component they are of your productions. This song is a great example of them.

So on to the vocals. Wow...they grab you with the first line and as mentioned it is a heckuva line (of many good ones). And there's so fine harmony also.

The way you've been incorporating those loops with RT's is something I want to be able to do when I (Bud) grow up.

Yup, gotta a little Eagles thing going here like Greg mentioned. There is so much to like here but as we've said before when the total package is this strong we have difficulty in parsing out all the individual components that make it work. It's more fun to just listen again.

Kudos!

J&B

Posted By: rsdean Re: Without Your Love - 07/23/16 08:34 PM
Tom,

I can absolutely hear this one on the radio - fantastic lyrics, vocal and mix. One of your very best!

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/24/16 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom
That really was masterful in every way. You are as others have noted on a roll and each song is a a stand out.
Keep them coming.
Peter, thanks for listening and commenting. Tom
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Kenny

A really big +1!

This absolutely fantastic.

Another keeper from Tom!
Mario, glad you liked it. Tom
Posted By: gruverider Re: Without Your Love - 07/25/16 12:03 AM
I love the guitar hooks and the melody hooks. You make them sound unique and original. I'm getting a phasey swirl on the high fq on the vocals but it could just be my monitors.

You've got the kick and bass totally in the pocket! The transients are rocking.

Great write!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Without Your Love - 07/25/16 09:27 AM
This has a nice kind of feel to it..... mellow country rock. I enjoyed hearing this tune.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Without Your Love - 07/25/16 10:03 AM
Wow, Tommy. I love everything about this one! Some sweet pickin' too. You keep hitting them out of the park, they're gonna have to move the fences back! grin

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/26/16 08:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Kenny

yeah, Kenny and I are thinkin' along the same lines... what the heck is in the water there in Florida? All you Florida forum members consistently whup @$$ with your songs!!

but seriously, I know you've invested a lot of time in your music, from playing live for most of your life, to writing songs in BIAB now. All that experience shows!
Pat, I'll tell you what's in the water down here. Toxic Blue-Green Algae. We are in the midst of an environmental crisis. Thanks for the nice words. Tom
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Pure good old rock ! And u have an excellent voice Tom...
Trygve, Thanks Man! Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/26/16 08:53 AM
Originally Posted By: PaddyG

When just the few opening bars says, here comes Tom Adams,, then you know you have carved your niche. The balanced mix you achieve between the music and your vocals is something to be admired.
Good lyrics, well sung. Top notch turn out

Paddy G
Paddy, Thanks for taking the time to say these things. I appreciate it. Tom
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
My gracious, this is a good one. New favorite. I have to agree, your work is getting stronger, writing, production, arranging, it's all top notch -- more commercial and radio ready.

I think loops are your new friend helping along as inspiration.

This is such a good listen.
Charlie, Glad you stopped by as always. Thank You, Tom
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Tommy,

again I like everything about this new one.
Especially your voice.
Your guitar work makes your songs unique.
Radio ready!

Guenter
Guenter, You can always be counted on for your support. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Without Your Love - 07/26/16 05:29 PM
Awesome tune Tom. Superb vocal and lyric. Super back track.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/27/16 08:54 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Tom,

Your sound is getting so tight! These productions are awesome! Very tight, extremely pro.

Loved the song!!

Excellent dynamics and phrasings.
Thanks David. Tom
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Man, it's so easy to take your guitar licks for granted when you've listened to as much tommyad music as we have and the reason is they are both seamless and at the same time so supportive of the individual song they are on. They flat work.

And when you really focus on them it's easier to see what a big component they are of your productions. This song is a great example of them.

So on to the vocals. Wow...they grab you with the first line and as mentioned it is a heckuva line (of many good ones). And there's so fine harmony also.

The way you've been incorporating those loops with RT's is something I want to be able to do when I (Bud) grow up.

Yup, gotta a little Eagles thing going here like Greg mentioned. There is so much to like here but as we've said before when the total package is this strong we have difficulty in parsing out all the individual components that make it work. It's more fun to just listen again.

Kudos!

J&B

Thanks for the kudos. Tom
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Tom,

I can absolutely hear this one on the radio - fantastic lyrics, vocal and mix. One of your very best!

Bob
Glad you liked it Bob. Tom
Originally Posted By: gruverider
I love the guitar hooks and the melody hooks. You make them sound unique and original. I'm getting a phasey swirl on the high fq on the vocals but it could just be my monitors.

You've got the kick and bass totally in the pocket! The transients are rocking.

Great write!
Thanks Lawrence. I have some phasey type effects on the vocals. I dialed them back a bit but maybe not enough. Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/29/16 08:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This has a nice kind of feel to it..... mellow country rock. I enjoyed hearing this tune.
Herb, Good to see your comments here. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Wow, Tommy. I love everything about this one! Some sweet pickin' too. You keep hitting them out of the park, they're gonna have to move the fences back! grin

Regards,

Bob
Bob, Thanks much. Tom
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Awesome tune Tom. Superb vocal and lyric. Super back track.
Scott, Glad to see you liked it. Tom
Posted By: gibson Re: Without Your Love - 07/31/16 04:28 AM
Tom,

As others have said you are producing commercially viable tracks.
There must have been a moment when even you said "Wow that's good, did I do that??" laugh

Wonderful

Alyn
Posted By: tommyad Re: Without Your Love - 07/31/16 09:34 AM
Alan, Good to hear from you. Hope you're doing OK. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: mglinert Re: Without Your Love - 11/07/16 05:36 AM
Very polished - enjoyed listening to this one on the PG User Showcase Radio
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Without Your Love - 11/07/16 03:22 PM
Tom,

My sincere apologies... this one completely slipped past me. It looks like it was first posted when I was out of action for a bit. I'm really glad that Marc found it and pulled it back on top of the forum.

I really like your opening line, "Guess I had to lose you to make the fire burn again". It says such a lot in so few words.

As with all the songs you write and post, this is first class. It could very easily be on the radio. Your instrumental and vocal performances are stellar. I really liked the twists and turns of your solo guitar that's threaded throughout. It's a perfect match!

Enjoyed it a few times smile

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums