PG Music Home
Posted By: Dwight New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/10/16 01:21 PM
This piece was somewhat inspired by the news coverage from the recent shootings in Dallas, TX. I lived and played jazz gigs in the area for many years before moving to PA. The piece represents music you may have heard while walking to/from gigs or just walking about in Dallas.

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeErk_asRw4

The composition was done using BIAB but my guitar tracks were recorded and mixed using Reaper.

Thanks for listening
-Dwight
Posted By: 90 dB Re: New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/10/16 01:48 PM
Very nicely done, Dwight. Is that an Artcore Expressionist you're playing? I see you have a silver-stripe Bandit. I have an AS73 and a red-stripe Bandit myself. Great little amp.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Dwight Re: New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/10/16 02:03 PM
Close... it's actually the Pat Metheny PM2. I got this little beast a few months ago. Yes, the Bandid I generally use for Rock and other styles. This was recorded using my Roland AC60.

Thanks for giving it a listen.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/10/16 02:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Dwight
Close... it's actually the Pat Metheny PM2. I got this little beast a few months ago. Yes, the Bandid I generally use for Rock and other styles. This was recorded using my Roland AC60.

Thanks for giving it a listen.

Beautiful guitar. I love ebony boards, especially on a jazz box. I use my Bandit when I need sound. I use my Classic 30 when I want tone. grin

Regards,

Bob
A very pleasant listen, Dwight. Enjoyed it. - floyd
Posted By: Dwight Re: New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/10/16 05:35 PM
Thank You
Pretty music!! Yes, that Dallas situation is tragic. Not sure where the country (or the world) is going. Welcome to the forum!!, and keep posting!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: boehm Re: New Song / First Post - Deep Ellum Nights - 08/11/16 11:27 AM
Hi Dwight,

welcome to the forum!
Very relaxing song and melodic playing.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
© PG Music Forums