PG Music Home
Looking for the Wrong Things:

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/08/11/looking-for-the-wrong-things/
Very very good Fred ! It was relaxing to listen to.. Loved that cello solo.. Fitted perfectly in... Great job again !
Fred
There are lots of strong images in the lyrics here which come at the listener close together- I like that as the song rewards repeat listenings.
The cello fits perfectly giving a hypnotic feel.
I did find myself hearing the chorus with harmonies or going up an octave last time through...just my preference for a soaring conclusion.
Another very good song.

Robert
Very nice. The imagery would well suit a subtle video.

We enjoyed it all -- the write, the vocal and the production.

J&B
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Very very good Fred ! It was relaxing to listen to.. Loved that cello solo.. Fitted perfectly in... Great job again !

Thanks, Leo.
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Fred
There are lots of strong images in the lyrics here which come at the listener close together- I like that as the song rewards repeat listenings.
The cello fits perfectly giving a hypnotic feel.
I did find myself hearing the chorus with harmonies or going up an octave last time through...just my preference for a soaring conclusion.
Another very good song.

Robert

Robert, thanks for your constructive comments. Harmony vocals could be a great option.

Fred
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Very nice. The imagery would well suit a subtle video.

We enjoyed it all -- the write, the vocal and the production.

J&B

Thanks for the comments. I wish I knew how to make such a video.

Fred
Fred

Another good one (very moody) - liked the cello & the lyrics.

Peter
A very pretty song that says a lot simplistically. You chose a nice chord progression that presents the mood of the lyrics nice.

I think it would have been interesting in the arrangement to have a bit more movement between the instruments such as bringing them in and out and bringing one or the other more forward in the mix in different sections. It would have sublimely presented the feeling musically of looking for the wrong thing as well as helping keep the listener engaged and not tire from the repetition.

Enjoyed this a lot.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Fred

Another good one (very moody) - liked the cello & the lyrics.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A very pretty song that says a lot simplistically. You chose a nice chord progression that presents the mood of the lyrics nice.

I think it would have been interesting in the arrangement to have a bit more movement between the instruments such as bringing them in and out and bringing one or the other more forward in the mix in different sections. It would have sublimely presented the feeling musically of looking for the wrong thing as well as helping keep the listener engaged and not tire from the repetition.

Enjoyed this a lot.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie. I think your mix idea is intriguing. I will be remixing songs next year and will have your notes to consult.

Fred
Very cool song!! Wonderful lyrical images and a PERFECT arrangement-the piano/cello combo is magical. Good stuff Fred!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool song!! Wonderful lyrical images and a PERFECT arrangement-the piano/cello combo is magical. Good stuff Fred!! Take care. Greg

Greg, thanks again. To be honest, I wasn't sure about the song or the arrangement. I have a lot of self-doubt...
© PG Music Forums