PG Music Home
Here is a song I wrote ten years ago, Going to Sedona:

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/08/18/track-33-going-to-sedona/

All RTs: Bass Guitar, Electric Guitars, Piano, Mandolin, String Quartet, and Drums. It is the first time I have used a string quartet and found that it works well with this arrangment.

Thanks for listening.

Fred
Enjoyed that, Fred.

The mix is good and everything works. Good "believable" band - nice Americana sound.

floyd
Fred
Nice sound on that one - good choice of instruments (like the changes) - nice catchy chorus.
Hi Fred,

The arrangment is very good, I like in particular the strings part.
The name dragged me in.... had to listen.

Good country rock tune.

Several years back, our family took a vacation out to the Red Rock country. Easily one of the best and most interesting vacations we had. Lovely scenery and so many interesting places to visit. We stayed in a little place just off the main street in Sedona. It was a wonderful time.
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Enjoyed that, Fred.

The mix is good and everything works. Good "believable" band - nice Americana sound.

floyd

Thanks, Floyd. When you give a thumbs up to my mix, I know I am doing something right.

Fred
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Fred
Nice sound on that one - good choice of instruments (like the changes) - nice catchy chorus.

Thanks, Peter.
Originally Posted By: PRADON
Hi Fred,

The arrangment is very good, I like in particular the strings part.

Thanks, Pradon. I have been waiting for the right song for the string quartet.

Fred
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
The name dragged me in.... had to listen.

Good country rock tune.

Several years back, our family took a vacation out to the Red Rock country. Easily one of the best and most interesting vacations we had. Lovely scenery and so many interesting places to visit. We stayed in a little place just off the main street in Sedona. It was a wonderful time.

Thanks, Herb. I wrote the song before I finally got to Sedona... It is a spectacular place. A friend of ours has a vacation rental property near the main drag. She keeps offering it to us for free...We are planning to take her up on the offer.

Fred
Nicely done Fred!! I love Sedona. Beautiful place. I really like the arrangement here. Guitar riff and strings mix wonderfully. Nice listen! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Nicely done Fred!! I love Sedona. Beautiful place. I really like the arrangement here. Guitar riff and strings mix wonderfully. Nice listen! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. Everyone is giving the string quartet a big thumbs up.

Fred
Nice, write vocals, arrangement and use of BiaB.

This dead center in our Americana wheelhouse.

No need to parse it out. We enjoyed everything about it!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Nice, write vocals, arrangement and use of BiaB.

This dead center in our Americana wheelhouse.

No need to parse it out. We enjoyed everything about it!

J&B

Thanks, J & B!
Rich, solid sound, great use of real tracks and very well produced. Nice picture of Sedona too. I love that place.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Rich, solid sound, great use of real tracks and very well produced. Nice picture of Sedona too. I love that place.

Thanks, David. Yes, Sedona is a very special place.
© PG Music Forums