PG Music Home
Here is a change of pace for week 35, Wishing Now Was Then. A slow jazz ballad with a great quartet backing me up:

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/09/01/track-35-wishing-now-was-then/

I used all RTs: Acoustic Bass, Piano, Tenor Sax, and Brush Drums. The Tenor solo is amazing--BIAB is constantly delighting me.

Thanks for listening and for your helpful comments.

Fred
Can't stop listening to this at work today. My favorite of yours so far! Thanks for yet another fantastic submission Fred smile
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
Can't stop listening to this at work today. My favorite of yours so far! Thanks for yet another fantastic submission Fred smile

Thanks, Alyssa! I am getting lots of great feedback today about this song. The RTs are SO completely believable, especially the piano and tenor sax. Nice to know you are following me. Next week's song will, of course, be completely different...

Fred
Beautifully done, Fred.

An excellent write. Nice arrangement, vocal, mix...

The heck with Waits... this harkens Sinatra and Bennett ...

Super.

floyd
Gorgeous sound! Great job.

It would be Tom Waits if you chain smoked five packs of Camel unfiltereds before you sang it, but you didn't, so it's just you.

smile
What a great song Fred! Just like Alyssa, I can't get enough of it! (in fact, it's playing for me right now...)

This song is the "Hot Forum Topic" for today!
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Beautifully done, Fred.

Super.

floyd

Thanks, Floyd. Yes, Frank and Tony have long been my idols. Saw Frank in 1968 and Tony a few years ago. Great saloon singers.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Gorgeous sound! Great job.

It would be Tom Waits if you chain smoked five packs of Camel unfiltereds before you sang it, but you didn't, so it's just you.

smile

Thanks, David. But for the health risks, I probably would have been tempted to add a bit of grit to my voice.
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
What a great song Fred! Just like Alyssa, I can't get enough of it! (in fact, it's playing for me right now...)

This song is the "Hot Forum Topic" for today!

Thanks, Callie! I had no idea PGMusic staff members were listening in. Not sure what a "Hot Forum Topic" is but thanks for tagging me today.

Fred
A "Hot Forum Topic" is posted on the News section of www.pgmusic.com. If you look on the right side of this page, you'll see Band-in-a-Box News, Other News, and Hot Forum Topics.

If you select the title of the post, it will take you to the Forum post with the song!
Great song, mix, arrangement and performance. This would be a good song to pitch to America's Got Talent' Crooner Sal Valentinetti.

Perfect for the "Hot Forum Topic." Enjoyed it.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
A "Hot Forum Topic" is posted on the News section of www.pgmusic.com. If you look on the right side of this page, you'll see Band-in-a-Box News, Other News, and Hot Forum Topics.

If you select the title of the post, it will take you to the Forum post with the song!

Thanks, Callie! I see it.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great song, mix, arrangement and performance. This would be a good song to pitch to America's Got Talent' Crooner Sal Valentinetti.

Perfect for the "Hot Forum Topic." Enjoyed it.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie. Wish I had a publisher!

Fred
My new fave of yours Fred!! Perfectly put together, so well written, and a vocal that just nails it!! Sax is perfect and band sounds so natural. You sing folk ballads well but I think this is what you were meant to sing!! Take care. Greg
Beautifully done, Fred.

Super.

floyd

Fred
Yeah - very much the Sinatra Bennett mold.
Really nice

Peter
WOW this is fantastic. I love everything about this.

Waits no, Sinatra yes.

This is my kind of lounge music and it's a keeper.
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
My new fave of yours Fred!! Perfectly put together, so well written, and a vocal that just nails it!! Sax is perfect and band sounds so natural. You sing folk ballads well but I think this is what you were meant to sing!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. Now I have to reassess my approach! I love so many styles but I do love jazz/blues. Never thought I would have the chops to sing jazz.
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Beautifully done, Fred.

Super.

floyd

Fred
Yeah - very much the Sinatra Bennett mold.
Really nice

Thanks, Peter!

Peter
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Waits no, Sinatra yes.

Thanks, Mario. I didn't want to invoke Sinatra or Bennett but I love them.
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Waits no, Sinatra yes.

Thanks, Mario! You have a great ear.
Thanks again for the comments.
Thanks to all for listening. This was my best number of listens of the year.
Fred,

52 songs in 52 weeks is an impressive ambition. and you are doing very well!!

This song is wonderful!
I am envious that you saw Frank, I would have LOVED to have seen him live

keep them coming!

Alyn
Originally Posted By: gibson
Fred,

52 songs in 52 weeks is an impressive ambition. and you are doing very well!!

This song is wonderful!
I am envious that you saw Frank, I would have LOVED to have seen him live

keep them coming!

Alyn

Thanks, Alyn. Comments and views keep me going.
© PG Music Forums