PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/02/16 05:30 PM
Here is my latest BIAB produced song Sweet Eyes
I also entered it into the Xtra Styles Contest. * Here *

Before I entered the contest, I started a discussion over in the Recording, Performance and Production Forum based on my Production Notes . The vocals were recorded in 1992 and extracted from a stereo file of vocal and acoustic guitar for this updated version of the song. Quite a bit of work had to be done to even out the tempo which ranged from 99-105 bpm to finally a fixed bpm of 102 and also some chord changes were made to vary from the original chords recorded in 1992..
The production notes discussion has the song summary and a link to an earlier version that includes a portion of the original track tacked onto the end.

Enjoy and please comment.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/02/16 07:36 PM
Really nice feel on this!! I like the way the music rolls along so pleasantly. Vocal sounds great (digital or analog originally?). This has kind of a retro feel for me-Roy Orbison era. Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/02/16 11:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really nice feel on this!! I like the way the music rolls along so pleasantly. Vocal sounds great (digital or analog originally?). This has kind of a retro feel for me-Roy Orbison era. Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for listening and taking time to comment Greg. The original recording was entirely analog. I'm not sure when it was converted to MP3 and put on the computer except that it was years ago and likely low resolution.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 08:48 AM
Glad you decided to put this here as well, Charlie. People should hear what you are able to do with "old recording" using the tools that PG Music provide.

This is a terrific listen. Nice production and mix. A cool vocal, too...

fj
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Glad you decided to put this here as well, Charlie. People should hear what you are able to do with "old recording" using the tools that PG Music provide.

fj

Thanks Floyd. I hope it helps someone along the way preserve and improve an old recording of their own. PGMusic provides something for everybody. I've really enjoyed learning about it.

Charlie
Posted By: tommyad Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 11:38 AM

fj
Charlie, this is an ambitious project to take on. I never would have guessed that such a thing was possible. Thanks for exploring the wonderful possibilities that exist in Biab and sharing your expertise. Tom
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 04:39 PM
As I said on the other forum, I love this. Great drum sound, and great guitar sounds accompanying a wonderful song.

Great job.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad

fj
Charlie, this is an ambitious project to take on. I never would have guessed that such a thing was possible. Thanks for exploring the wonderful possibilities that exist in Biab and sharing your expertise. Tom

Thanks Tom. I got a lot of satisfaction on how the song turned out.

I haven't been accused of being ambitious for years. I really enjoyed your latest posting and find it very relatable to my current place in life.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
As I said on the other forum, I love this. Great drum sound, and great guitar sounds accompanying a wonderful song.

Great job.

I appreciate that David. With the Edginess of your collaboration with Mario, You are getting closer and closer to needing the guitar part from this song.

Charlie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 05:36 PM
Ha ha ha, Charlie, that means, THE WAR ISN'T OVER!!!!

smile

Posted By: PeterF Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/03/16 08:03 PM
Charlie
That was a nice laid back tune worth resurrecting.
Enjoyed the listen and the production story.

Peter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 02:50 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Charlie
That was a nice laid back tune worth resurrecting.
Enjoyed the listen and the production story.

Peter

Thank you Peter. I appreciate that.

Charlie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 02:53 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Ha ha ha, Charlie, that means, THE WAR ISN'T OVER!!!!

smile

Shock and Awe????

I can see it coming....
Posted By: gibson Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 03:07 AM
Charlie
What a project!
Thanks for the production notes by the way. I will have a go on one of my old songs as you wrote, thanks.

The result is outstanding, everything is really good, the voice, the production, the mix.

A good listen, and a good lesson!

good stuff

Alyn
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 09:02 AM
Originally Posted By: gibson
Charlie
What a project!
Thanks for the production notes by the way. I will have a go on one of my old songs as you wrote, thanks.

The result is outstanding, everything is really good, the voice, the production, the mix.

A good listen, and a good lesson!

good stuff

Alyn

I really appreciate your comments Alyn and I look forward to hearing some blasts from the past from you.

Charlie
Posted By: rsdean Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 02:11 PM
Charlie,

This is really cool - love the overall feel. Excellent job!

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/04/16 11:22 PM
Thanks for your kind comments Bob.

Charlie
Posted By: RnAM Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/05/16 08:35 AM
I will echo my response on the Xtra styles contest that this one is your best to date I think, including some very interesting chord changes. Vocals very nicely done.

The contest is getting bigger and bigger indeed.

Rob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/05/16 10:04 PM
Thanks Rob, I'll take those echos all day long. Yes, to the contest getting bigger. It has been fun seeing how creative folks have gotten.

Charlie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/12/16 01:55 PM
Amazing. I have been unsuccessful trying to meld old analog tracks with BiaB. You have inspired me to try again.

Not only did the technical aspects work out so well but it is a wonderful song.

Congrats on a successful project!

J&B
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/12/16 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Amazing. I have been unsuccessful trying to meld old analog tracks with BiaB. You have inspired me to try again.

Not only did the technical aspects work out so well but it is a wonderful song.

Congrats on a successful project!

J&B

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Let me know if you think I can ever help you in some way with your old tracks or otherwise. I'd be glad to do it.

Charlie
Posted By: Sundance Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/15/16 09:39 PM
It's so amazing that you were able to do this. I'd like to try it on some old songs I have on cassette.

Love this song Charlie, it's just beautiful.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Sweet Eyes 1992 Remix - 09/15/16 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
It's so amazing that you were able to do this. I'd like to try it on some old songs I have on cassette.

Love this song Charlie, it's just beautiful.

Thanks Josie. It's a personal favorite of mine also. It was originally on cassette and I saved into an mp3 years ago.

If you work on some of your cassettes I'll be glad to answer questions or share anything I've picked up along the way. Restoration of rare material is a lot of fun and Biab/RB are valuable tools.

I'm glad you enjoyed your listen.

Charlie
© PG Music Forums