PG Music Home
A rocker this week: Monterrey Sun

https://52tracksblog.com/2016/09/08/track-36-monterrey-sun/

ALL RTs: Bass Guitar, Electric Guitars, Lap Steel Guitar, Organ, and Drums

Comments always appreciated.

Fred
Hey Fred, great track! The lyrics tell a good story and you did a great job on mixing, I can hear everything really well and the lead part later on doesn't interfere with the vocals. Keep up the good work, but maybe stay away from strange women in Chevys wink
Cool rocker!! It's not really clear what the singer's gig is- undercover agent, drug dealer, etc. but there are some cool lines. Vibe works well and the band is good! Take care. Greg
Fred
Got some Zevon and David Lyndley. One of the very best you've posted.
Excellent.

Peter
Nicely done, Fred. Excellent BAND! Guitars sound great together. Great job of getting the drums out front and poppin'!!! Excellent mix.

The simple, driving rock sound reminded me of early Elvis Costello stuff... crisp and clean...

floyd
Originally Posted By: Kallum - PG Music
Hey Fred, great track! The lyrics tell a good story and you did a great job on mixing, I can hear everything really well and the lead part later on doesn't interfere with the vocals. Keep up the good work, but maybe stay away from strange women in Chevys wink

Thanks, Kallum. Fun to know that PG Music people are listening to this forum.

Fred
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool rocker!! It's not really clear what the singer's gig is- undercover agent, drug dealer, etc. but there are some cool lines. Vibe works well and the band is good! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. I did leave the mission ambiguous--let the listener fill in the blanks.

Fred
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Fred
Got some Zevon and David Lyndley. One of the very best you've posted.
Excellent.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I saw Lindley backup Jackson Browne during his Late for the Sky album tour and again about 23 years ago paired with a percussionist from the Middler East. Lindley rocked the house using only his Weissenborn lap guitar. I also loved his band, El Rayo-X. The first album is on my top ten list.

Fred
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nicely done, Fred. Excellent BAND! Guitars sound great together. Great job of getting the drums out front and poppin'!!! Excellent mix.

The simple, driving rock sound reminded me of early Elvis Costello stuff... crisp and clean...

floyd

Thank you very much, Floyd. I added a band member after hearing your rain song--the muted electric pop guitar. I just love to steal great ideas!

I really compressed the snot out of this song and the drums responded nicely...

Fred
We really liked this song. Glad to hear that lap steel RT. It's the only one and a good one.

Nice mix...everything is sittin' well.

Cool write and vocal also.

Yeah, a lot to like!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We really liked this song. Glad to hear that lap steel RT. It's the only one and a good one.

Nice mix...everything is sittin' well.

Cool write and vocal also.

Yeah, a lot to like!

J&B

Thanks, J and B. Love Lindley on lap steel. It would be great if Peter would commission several RT sessions with David on Lap Steel., Weisennborn, fiddle, etc. What a great musician. These guys that are in their 70s--wouldn't it be great to capture the styles of musicians we love but who are getting older?
© PG Music Forums