PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/20/16 01:30 PM
So, I just got the news (BMI Royalty Statement) that several reality TV shows have used more of my music in more of the episodes (7 episodes for one of the shows this time) they recorded back earlier this year.

It was the same shows as before. Hollywood Hillbillies and Beverly Hills Pawn. This goes to show that once you get the ear of a producer, if you're producing music they like, they will come back to you for more.

I also noticed that I picked up a few reruns of the "10 things..." film series.

The songs they used are on my web site so you can hear what they selected for use in the shows. Here's the links to the songs.

While The Sun Shines

Harvest Time

The other songs they used are not online in a public access site..... sorry....
Congrats, Herb. Nice to see your hard work paying off! Must be a great feeling.
Posted By: gibson Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/20/16 01:45 PM
Congratulations, Herb.
Congrats Herb!! They are a couple of cool toe-tappers! Take care. Greg
Great news Herb. We are proud of you!!!

smile
This now makes 2 seasons that my music has been used in these TV shows.

Since I have been very busy and not doing much writing or recording here for the past few months, it's a nice reminder that the music is out there and working for me. I really do need to take time and get back into the studio. There's a bunch of ideas floating around that need to be anchored to some digital tracks.
Posted By: PaddyG Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 05:41 AM

Congratulations Herb,

The day I heard your ‘Ode to Wolf’ I said this is Herbs niche B/G country

Keep trucking

Paddy G
Thanks to Will, Gibson, Greg, David and Paddy for commenting.....

The funny thing is with bluegrass...I have a love/hate relationship.... some of it I love, and there's some of it I hate. Depends on the style. Flailing banjos I can do without, but melodic new grass along the lines of Krauss, now that's some pretty stuff.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 01:40 PM
Congratulations, Herb! Good stuff. Did you use Taxi, or some other placement service?

Very happy for you. Now get back to work with some more new stuff! smile

Steve
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Congratulations, Herb! Good stuff. Did you use Taxi, or some other placement service?

Very happy for you. Now get back to work with some more new stuff! smile

Steve

I quit TAXI quite some time back because they were "returning" practically everything I was submitting. I knew other folks were placing music outside of TAXI and perhaps I could too. So I started looking for and vetting libraries. I found a few good ones and unbeknownst to me, the president of one of them was plugging my music to producers. So, essentially, no placement services were involved. This was done the old fashioned way. Making connections and providing the music they can use.

I do, on occasion, use a "placement service" that has no membership fee, when they send me a listing that I might be interested in submitting music for consideration. As a result, I have added a library or two in that manner but then once that connection is made, I work with the library directly from that point forward.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 06:18 PM
That's cool.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 07:55 PM
Congrats Herb, this is definitely an achievement!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 07:58 PM
Excellent Herb!

Bob
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/21/16 11:11 PM
Awesome, Herb!
Posted By: receder Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/22/16 08:47 AM
Great news, Herb!

Sounds like you are onto something there.

All the best,
Rec
WTG Herb

J&B
Posted By: P Glaser Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/22/16 10:05 AM
Excellent job, Herb! Did you do the flat picking?
Posted By: tommyad Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/22/16 01:14 PM
Nicely Done!!!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/22/16 02:07 PM
Great news Herb!!!
Congratulations Herb! Thats' fantastic to hear your productions are getting out there in the well known world!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Landed a few more TV show placements - 09/23/16 04:29 PM
Congratulations Herb! Good to see the train is starting to build up speed.

Now, can I get your autograph so I can prove I knew ya' before you hit the big time?
Thanks everyone for the comments... I appreciate you all.
© PG Music Forums